Rockbox Xduoo X3
Aug 8, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #2,416 of 2,617
Yeah, the SSDs had a very short compatibility list as well.

Thanks for the info!

taken from that page, I scrolled down... user:Mark " I have encountered a program I cannot solve. I installed 2 Kingston 512GB SDXC chips in to a iFlash Dual with now is in a MC297LL ipod. I know this can work as I have done it successfully before"

and this was possibly when the microsd version was not yet released or at least the quad TFSD model... best of luck, I wasn't sure if you wanted to put microsd's or just SD. but 200gb cards are dropping price, it won't be long until their affordable for this kind of mod. not surewhat is compatible. i'll get back to you with any more info... also.. there's Adaptors on Ebay, there's dual and quad micro SD models. Zif to micro SD or something or other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 8, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #2,418 of 2,617
Aug 9, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #2,419 of 2,617
That looks nice. I have never had a case for mine. Where did you get it? For two years I have kept it in a drawstring pouch. Plus I stuck rubber feet on the bottom so it does not slide if it is at my desk or on the coffee table.

Thanks @mbwilson111 , i was doing the same to protect my X3, here is the link where I purchase it, I am doubt it is a real leather tho ..

of course it is not real or quality leather, but it does the job. @mbwilson111 , you won't need to remove the rubber feet (if they are about 1mm height) to fit the case, because it is very loose.

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #2,420 of 2,617
I know it's a strange request, but does anyone have an intact archive copy of the original "back to stock" update (not the new one). I sometimes need to reset my X3 with it when it acts funny (and then re-flash RockBox), and the new version doesn't seem to play nice on my X3. I did have a copy of the old version but the ZIP archive I have seems somehow to have become corrupt. Send me a message if you do. Thanks.

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #2,421 of 2,617
I know it's a strange request, but does anyone have an intact archive copy of the original "back to stock" update (not the new one). I sometimes need to reset my X3 with it when it acts funny (and then re-flash RockBox), and the new version doesn't seem to play nice on my X3. I did have a copy of the old version but the ZIP archive I have seems somehow to have become corrupt. Send me a message if you do. Thanks.

I got what you need friend. PM sent.

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2,423 of 2,617
Had the X3 with me a while now, Rockboxed since day 1 and was a happy user since last week. That's when the player kept crashing for no reason, requiring a hard reset every time.

Thankfully all was fixed with the new Rockbox install, and now I am back to listening to this little budget wonder through my QuickStep.

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #2,425 of 2,617
Does anybody have some information about this new firmware for the X3 II, found at https://www.xtenik.com/latest-firmware-download ? It's not on the Xduoo site (Chinese/English).

Which one of these does your X3 look like?

#1:
A6D1999B-6BE0-4A0E-BA57-6DA868122AE6.jpeg

#2:
72FCDD59-2745-47DB-B584-99DB8D8C646D.jpeg

Oct 10, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #2,427 of 2,617
Hey Guys! I need help. So, I haven't used my RB'ed X3 for a while now. I need to switch the primary SD card. When I try to boot the device to stock FW but the device doesn't respond when the button is pushed up. Only way to get it to start even in RB mode is to reset it first. I thought, the stock fw file might be corrupt and copied the update folder for stock fw as instructed in uninstall steps. It still wont boot to stock mode. Any idea? What I can do to uninstall the fw from primary SD card? If It can't be done, I'm ok with tossing the card aside and installing it afresh in a new sd card. However, It would be great if stock fw option works too. Thanks!

Edit: Also, this means that I'm unable to connect the device to the PC for installing the firmware using RB utility.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #2,428 of 2,617
Hey Guys! I need help. So, I haven't used my RB'ed X3 for a while now. I need to switch the primary SD card. When I try to boot the device to stock FW but the device doesn't respond when the button is pushed up. Only way to get it to start even in RB mode is to reset it first. I thought, the stock fw file might be corrupt and copied the update folder for stock fw as instructed in uninstall steps. It still wont boot to stock mode. Any idea? What I can do to uninstall the fw from primary SD card? If It can't be done, I'm ok with tossing the card aside and installing it afresh in a new sd card. However, It would be great if stock fw option works too. Thanks!

Edit: Also, this means that I'm unable to connect the device to the PC for installing the firmware using RB utility.

+1, me too have the same problem up to now, couple pages back ever mentioned that the newest X3 black color will be permanently, sad.

Oct 10, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2,429 of 2,617
+1, me too have the same problem up to now, couple pages back ever mentioned that the newest X3 black color will be permanently, sad.
Sorry, did you say someone had the same issue?

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #2,430 of 2,617
So my
RB'd X3 has been pretty good for a while, but today I accidentally fumbled it a bit while switching headphones a bunch and now the volume is like 20DB louder and there is a strange new icon on my screen. See attached image.

Anyone know what I somehow enabled? The documentation of RB for the X3 seems poor at best!
X3_crazyvolumeissue_1.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back