Rockbox Xduoo X3
Aug 4, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #2,403 of 2,617
Question on charging please, does x3 have auto cut off function when the batt is fully charged?
Last night i tried to charge using ipad mini 1 charger (output 1 amp) head after 3 hours it is still charging ..

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #2,404 of 2,617
Question on charging please, does x3 have auto cut off function when the batt is fully charged?
Last night i tried to charge using ipad mini 1 charger (output 1 amp) head after 3 hours it is still charging ..

Yes, it cuts off charging.

I will say that mine doesn't seem to like my 1 amp Apple charger. I use a 2A Samsung charger. It could just be the cable though - a lot of generic cables deliver a low power rating, so maybe on the 1A Apple charger my cable delivers half of that

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #2,405 of 2,617
Yes, it cuts off charging.

I will say that mine doesn't seem to like my 1 amp Apple charger. I use a 2A Samsung charger. It could just be the cable though - a lot of generic cables deliver a low power rating, so maybe on the 1A Apple charger my cable delivers half of that

I see, so the cable matters too, thats new info for me thanks, it is good to know that is supports cut off charging..how long usualy does it takes from low batt to fully charge? Mine is the black one so it may be the 2nd version.

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #2,406 of 2,617
I see, so the cable matters too, thats new info for me thanks, it is good to know that is supports cut off charging..how long usualy does it takes from low batt to fully charge? Mine is the black one so it may be the 2nd version.

I've never timed it. When it needs it, I just stick it on overnight and when I wake up it's done.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #2,407 of 2,617

With my 1.35A smartphone charger, it only takes me around 2.5 hrs, although I do not know what battery capacity I have (1500 or 2000 mah), there are no markings on the battery. I usually find that 2 hrs is sufficient, battery indicator shows >95%.

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #2,408 of 2,617
With my 1.35A smartphone charger, it only takes me around 2.5 hrs, although I do not know what battery capacity I have (1500 or 2000 mah), there are no markings on the battery. I usually find that 2 hrs is sufficient, battery indicator shows >95%.

The capacity is on the bottom of the battery. You have to remove the double sided tape to see the capacity printed on the battery.

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #2,410 of 2,617
Agreed. Don't be a moocher. He has spent hundreds and hundreds of hours of his own personal time working on these firmwares and providing support to HF members. And WE are the ones that directly benefit from that sacrifice.

Give the man at least $5. Or more if you can afford it ($10, $25 etc). That's the cost of a cup of coffee, or 1 lunch, or a few beers.

good call, Slater.
Thanks a lot Slater, hope it was helpful even for you, I take in account that the lcd in this player is not the greatest, maybe reducing the font can improve the possibility to show more rows of text.

I'm still a litte puzzled between buying X3 or repairing the ipod, which have the lcd broken, and that will be cheaper. Additionally I customized it with a flash card adapter some times ago, so is a bit of an advanced model.

Plus I liked the big screen and the easy navigation of the ipod, maybe you can give me some insight quality wise, if you like the X3 for music and you think that its a step further considering that you have both :D

Sorry for the "thinking loud" tone!

what version ipod is it ?

Aug 8, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,411 of 2,617
what version ipod is it ?

With the flash mod, sounds like a Classic 5 or 5.5 (or Video).

I have a 128GB SSD in mine, because I added the SSD before the card adapters came out. I’ve considered changing my SSD out to a card adapter. That is, assuming it can support 4*256GB cards=1TB.

Anyone know?

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #2,412 of 2,617
My new X3 after waranty return. Best Synergy with old monk

P_20180808_204911_1_BOK-01.jpeg

Attachments

• P_20180808_204911_1_BOK-01.jpeg
    P_20180808_204911_1_BOK-01.jpeg
    999.4 KB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,413 of 2,617
My new X3 after waranty return. Best Synergy with old monk

That looks nice. I have never had a case for mine. Where did you get it? For two years I have kept it in a drawstring pouch. Plus I stuck rubber feet on the bottom so it does not slide if it is at my desk or on the coffee table.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #2,414 of 2,617
With the flash mod, sounds like a Classic 5 or 5.5 (or Video).

I have a 128GB SSD in mine, because I added the SSD before the card adapters came out. I’ve considered changing my SSD out to a card adapter. That is, assuming it can support 4*256GB cards=1TB.

Anyone know?

there is rumour of people getting 1tb to work, they use specific microsd's. apparently the errors they get with other cards don't happen with a short list of particular cards.

https://www.iflash.xyz/runtime-shootout-2016-quad-dual-solo-msata-vs-original-hard-drive/

and I assumed he had a classic... but there's a number of ipods that can be modified to take flash cards. o i thought i'd be sure, even the lesser regarded ipods were still nice to listen too, the latter classics is where they started sounding rather good... tighter all round balance and punch... the early models were a bit hit and miss and they are not worth repairing but that's my opinion, i doubt anyone has a working 2nd or 3rd gen anymore.

the xduoo x3 is a pretty incredible little piece of kit for the money, considering what the ipod was worth at launch...if I had to choose one I'd go an ipod. they can be modified theres a few good mods out there... storage, battery, clickwheel mods... can also chop and change the casings. pretty nifty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 8, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #2,415 of 2,617

Users who are viewing this thread

Back