Rockbox Xduoo X3
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,936 of 2,617
Can someone tell me how to access the second SD card slot? I have Rockbox installed in slot 1, and just put a second card in slot 2, but darned if I can see how to access the files on it.

Under files I see <micros SD1>, but cannot see the other card. Do I have to install Rockbox on both cards?

Any help is appreciated!

<micros SD1> IS the 2nd card slot when viewing under file browsing.

It doesn't say anything for the 1st card. In other words, when browsing in files it goes like this:

----------------------------
<micros SD1> (this is the 2nd card contents)
.rockbox (this is the .rockbox folder from 1st card)
music (this is the music folder from the 1st card)
blah blah (this is a folder from the 1st card)

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,937 of 2,617
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #1,940 of 2,617
The DAP doesn't wake up, nothing on screen. When hooked up to a charger the battery should heat a little bit to know that it's charging but is cold.

Edit: My cards are formatted via Sd Formatter.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,942 of 2,617

It doesn't say anything for the 1st card. In other words, when browsing in files it goes like this:

Thank you.

Problem was that I was unable to select <microSD1>. This morning I was able to get it selected by pressing the play/pause button. Don't know why I was having so much trouble before!

So the only problem I was actually having, was getting the <microSD1> selected.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,943 of 2,617
Thank you.

Problem was that I was unable to select <microSD1>. This morning I was able to get it selected by pressing the play/pause button. Don't know why I was having so much trouble before!

So the only problem I was actually having, was getting the <microSD1> selected.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Glad to help. Let us know if you have any more questions or problems. Enjoy!

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #1,944 of 2,617

Happy you were able to figure it out. Great little player.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,945 of 2,617
Update: Just had a hunch that player might be working since there is no power on indicator and the hunch came true. The device is powering on, the display is dead. So now have to find a display to replace. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,946 of 2,617
I can not get my pny 128gb micro sd to work at all. I have formatted it FAT32 4K in quick format and full format. It will see the card in ofw but not in rockbox fw.
What am I missing here?

Here is the card I have.
https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Microsdxc-UHS-I-P-SDU128U185EL-GE/dp/B01G26R7LA

I have figured out the problem with rockbox not seeing my 128 gb pny micro sd card.

First, I had to do a low-level format with http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/
Then, I had to format with guiformat.

Apparently, there were some traces of exfat on my micro sd card even after a full format with guiformat.exe.

Oct 28, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #1,947 of 2,617
I was initially having the same problem ("no partition found") with a 200GB SanDisk card that had been used without issue before. The *only* thing that worked was using guiformat, but setting the sector size to 64 KiB, *not* 4 KiB, or any other size for that matter. (This was the case, btw, on both the X3 and a Clip Zip.)
Meanwhile, I'm having two other issues, which do not seem to have been addressed (yes, I searched the thread, and yes, I'm using the latest available firmware from xvortex's site). One is a problem playing Opus files that it seems like RB tried patching in its last release, but still lingers on some of my newer encoded files. For example, on a ~180kbps file, playback happens for 00:00-00:01, then skip to 00:04 and continues from there. On some very low bitrate files (e.g. encoded from audiobooks) the issue is even worse - it'll skip to 00:02, and then all the way to 00:06 or 00:07. This appears to be happening with my most recently encoded files using opustools 0.1.10 (the build that ships with foobar2000's encoder pack), but not with all of them. I have not isolated the differences between the files that work and files that don't as yet, but will update the thread once I do. This happens on my Clip Zip as well, so my guess is this is not specific to Xvortex's port, and I'll be crossposting at Rockbox.org.
(ED: This appears to happen with embedded artwork, and not even large artwork at that - just 50-60kb. The forum thread at rockbox.org is here, and I'll be filing a bug report after uh, getting some sleep...)
The second issue is more severe, though, and specific to the XDuoo X3. Sometimes, when scrolling down using the left arrow key, the player will randomly select the currently-highlighted file/folder/option, as if I pressed the big round play key. Sometimes, pressing the key acts as the pause button, as well. This does not occur in the stock FW. Not sure if there's some sensitivity setting or something that I can adjust, but it's absolutely maddening. Has anybody else been experiencing this? I tried searching the thread but nothing came up, and the search term to use is not obvious.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #1,948 of 2,617
Re the embedded artwork issue, it appears that the largest an embedded jpeg file can be before the skipping symptoms manifest in Rockbox is 45.6KiB. (I haven't actually confirmed that, but 45.8KiB definitely doesn't work. 45.7KiB might, but it's hard to generated jpgs of arbitrary size. In any case, 45.6KiB definitely works.)

It appears I'm not the only one having the second issue, where the next button sometimes acts as select or play:
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51139.msg239982.html#msg239982
But it doesn't look like he ever reported it here, or like anybody else is having this issue.

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #1,949 of 2,617
I bricked my first X3 by installing the bootloader. I bought a second one and now after the boot-logo "ROCKbox" appears, the message says:"*PANIC* TLB refill handler at 0x80E06468! [0xDEADBEEF]".
After pressing the power button it starts from beginning > bootloop."
I read the 130 sites here but nothing helped.
I tried 2 SD-cards, several formating in Fat32 and 3 different .rockbox versions, including the actual rockbox-full-d898b8c-170609.
What can I do to solve the problem?
Thanks.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #1,950 of 2,617
I bricked my first X3 by installing the bootloader. I bought a second one and now after the boot-logo "ROCKbox" appears, the message says:"*PANIC* TLB refill handler at 0x80E06468! [0xDEADBEEF]".
After pressing the power button it starts from beginning > bootloop."
I read the 130 sites here but nothing helped.
I tried 2 SD-cards, several formating in Fat32 and 3 different .rockbox versions, including the actual rockbox-full-d898b8c-170609.
What can I do to solve the problem?
Thanks.
You probably should have read the manual created by rockbox port author: http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back