Rockbox Xduoo X3
Oct 19, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #1,923 of 2,617
My X3 died. It's not taking up charge. Battery issue?

Mine does that when the battery dies fully. I just plug it into the charger for about an hour, hit the reset button, and then it seems to ‘wake up’. Then I leave it on the charger until fully charged.

Apple products act in a very similar way when fully discharged.

If that doesn’t help, it may be the battery. Someone posted the link to the correct-fitting batteries in this thread (from AliExpress).

If you do replace the battery, you’ll need to transfer over the little 2-pin plug from the stock battery (being sure to observe the correct polarity).

Hope that helps.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,924 of 2,617
Mine does that when the battery dies fully. I just plug it into the charger for about an hour, hit the reset button, and then it seems to ‘wake up’. Then I leave it on the charger until fully charged.

Apple products act in a very similar way when fully discharged.

If that doesn’t help, it may be the battery. Someone posted the link to the correct-fitting batteries in this thread (from AliExpress).

If you do replace the battery, you’ll need to transfer over the little 2-pin plug from the stock battery (being sure to observe the correct polarity).

Hope that helps.
I left it on charge for 5-6 hours on a 5v-2A charger but still it didn't wake up. I used it yesterday and it gave backup of about 5-6 hours atleast. Not sure if it's the battery.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,925 of 2,617
It had been a while since the last time i used the rockboxed Xduoo X3 and after i unplugged it, it stayed stuck at the Rockbox boot screen.
Anyway to reset it? Should i use the reset button with the rockbox firmware?

Edit: The reset button worked just fine :)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #1,926 of 2,617
I left it on charge for 5-6 hours on a 5v-2A charger but still it didn't wake up. I used it yesterday and it gave backup of about 5-6 hours atleast. Not sure if it's the battery.

Yeah, that should be more than enough time.

Just for thoroughness though, I would try it one more time, but using a smaller charger (1A or less, such as an Apple brick) and a different cable. You could also use the USB port on a computer (500mA for USB 2.0).

I have had trouble in the past with high amp chargers and the x3. That's why I mention it.

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #1,928 of 2,617
Yeah, that should be more than enough time.

Just for thoroughness though, I would try it one more time, but using a smaller charger (1A or less, such as an Apple brick) and a different cable. You could also use the USB port on a computer (500mA for USB 2.0).

I have had trouble in the past with high amp chargers and the x3. That's why I mention it.
Didn't work. Not even sure if new battery will solve it.

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #1,930 of 2,617
Can someone tell me how to access the second SD card slot? I have Rockbox installed in slot 1, and just put a second card in slot 2, but darned if I can see how to access the files on it.

Under files I see <micros SD1>, but cannot see the other card. Do I have to install Rockbox on both cards?

Any help is appreciated!

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #1,931 of 2,617
Can someone tell me how to access the second SD card slot? I have Rockbox installed in slot 1, and just put a second card in slot 2, but darned if I can see how to access the files on it.

Under files I see <micros SD1>, but cannot see the other card. Do I have to install Rockbox on both cards?

Any help is appreciated!

Is the second Card formatted FAT32 ?

If it's bigger than 32 gig, your computer will have formatted it as EXFAT, unless you used a specific formatting app that forced FAT32.

Rockbox can only see a fat 32 formatted card.

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #1,932 of 2,617
It works in a FiiO player, but I don't know what is is formatted.

Thanks, I'll check to see.

Properties show it is formatted FAT32

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #1,933 of 2,617
It works in a FiiO player, but I don't know what is is formatted.

Thanks, I'll check to see.

If you are using a Windows computer, connect the card in a card reader and then right click on it and select properties. There should be a line of info that tells you if it's FAT32 or EXFAT.

My FiiO X3II can read EXFAT formatted cards, so it could be exfat.

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #1,935 of 2,617
It is a 128 GB card, properties state it is formatted FAT32

Is the card new? A new card of that size will not be fat32 unless you did the formatting after purchase. A fake 128 card will come as fat32 because it will really be a small capacity card that was flashed with fake info. I received one once from ebay. Got a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back