Rockbox Xduoo X3
Aug 6, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #1,846 of 2,617
Am I the only one to have a problem with MEGA ?
When I click on any download link on Vortex's site, I get a pop up from MEGA telling me I need a decrypt key.
I'm using the latest Firefox on Win 10, and enabled all scripts on mega.nz
I also created an account on mega.

Aug 6, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #1,848 of 2,617
I finally succeeded by using the MEGA app on my phone.
Happy you got it sorted. With Firefox on my Windows 7 PC, I always just choose to download with browser and it just does it.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,850 of 2,617
BIG question:
I have Rockbox installed and a lot of .m3u-playlists. Somehow I cannot figure out how to "Shuffle All Songs".. I'm totally confused.. E.g. if I load a playlist with a lot of songs I get the message that the "buffer is full".
Also, it seems that the player always chooses the same Songs if I shuffle.. Yes, shulle-mode is on..

So, can please someone tell me, how to shuffle all songs that are on the memory card? Thank you a lot!

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #1,851 of 2,617
Hi There,

I've recently installed Rockbox to my X3 after having it for a year (I know, late to the party!). I'm really happy with the upgrade however I've noticed that when I run the player on the line out to my amplifier, the sound quality is noticeably different to if I run it though the headphone jack. In particular there seems to be less detail in the mids and some sounds which should be at the fore of the mix are really quiet.

I haven't played around too much with the sound settings, but I've changed some of the settings as recommended on pg 112.

Thanks for the help :)

Aug 22, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #1,852 of 2,617
Just wanted to repost something that "woodnut" wrote on the rockbox forums that also applies to me:

"there is a strange behaviour when moving down through the menus using the > arrow. The menus get automatically selected like I have pressed the play / select button. It happens fairly often so I have taken to just using the < arrrow to move upwards through the menus as it doesn't happen when I do that.

I booted into the stock firmware and this doesn't appear to happen in the stock firmware. Perhaps this is just a coincidence though and the cause is a problem with a dodgy play button that is too sensitive and is essentially getting randomly triggered for some reason when I use the > button.

Perhaps I got a defective unit?"

Thanks

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #1,854 of 2,617
I've just been for a long drive with my new Rockboxed X3. It sounds good in the car, and mounts nicely on my dash with some Velcro tape. Only one problem, I have it in Car mode and after 20 minutes it paused. I didn't know it had paused so I pulled the power cord out and put it back in, and it started playing, only to pause again after 20 or 30 seconds. So I investigated when I got to the other end and discovered it was pausing, so I:

1. Changed the power supply plug (in case it was vibrating loose and putting it in pause mode) I didn't think that was a problem as the light on the power plug was still on.
2. Changed the WPS to turn off after 30s (I had it always on) in the settings.

Tried it - and again it paused after 20 minutes and then at varying times kept pausing. I'm not sure it isn't heat, but the back of the player did not feel hot.

Has anyone had this problem?

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,855 of 2,617
Hi all!
.. So, it's been some time now when I first got my X3 and I now had the time to get familiar with it. .. In short: I LOVE it! Best sound-experience I've ever had.

.. I'm just writing this to revise one of my comments, where I complained that the soundquality using Rockbox is not as good as the flawed stock firmware.
The stock FW is unusable, so everyone who is interested in this player, use Rockbox!
.. So, I compared Stock FW vs. Rockbox vs. Note 5 with amp. I used my beloved Sony XBA3 (triple BA-IE).
.. There IS a difference in SQ between stock & RB, but it's neglectible and actually I preferr the RB-sound (EQ off - all on default). The RB seems a bit, a BIT, more puncy, clear and 'faster in the bass'.
Compared to my exynos Note 5 with amp, stock & RB are notecibly better, but the Note 5 keeps up increadibly well with the X3. But it has no expendable memory, so useless for music.

Anyways, just want to give my longer-term opinion.

.. Happy listening to all!

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,856 of 2,617
First page of this thread has instructions on installing RB, but instructions state to use Windows 7. Are there updated instructions, or can I follow same instructions with WIN 10?

I'm new to flashing FW, so a little nervous.

I would like RB so I can have an equalizer. Unfortunately,just got CIEM that have a sound signature that is not to my liking! I read that RB has a parametric EQ?

Thanks for any help.

BTW, the X3 is a remarkable player, and sounds perfectly fine with my go-to headphones and universal fit in-ears.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #1,857 of 2,617
First page of this thread has instructions on installing RB, but instructions state to use Windows 7. Are there updated instructions, or can I follow same instructions with WIN 10?

I'm new to flashing FW, so a little nervous.

I would like RB so I can have an equalizer. Unfortunately,just got CIEM that have a sound signature that is not to my liking! I read that RB has a parametric EQ?

Thanks for any help.

BTW, the X3 is a remarkable player, and sounds perfectly fine with my go-to headphones and universal fit in-ears.
My X3 is noisy when running RB. It's dead quiet on stock FW.

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #1,859 of 2,617
Well, I'm ready to try this. Earlier posts state card must be formatted fat32, and 4096 bytes per sector. I don't have that option. The smallest option is 8192. There is a "default " option, but no idea what it defaults to. Can anyone help?

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #1,860 of 2,617

Users who are viewing this thread

Back