Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jan 13, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #1,265 of 2,617
Sounds great. I can get the x3 to read the talk files for file names. It just crashes after 4 or 5 in a row. I'm guessing that the menu talk files are just absent?

What I learned is that  In order for the menus to be read, Rockbox needs to have a language.voice file in the .rockbox/langs/  that has a corresponding .lng file. So I had to compile the "language.voice" file.

For instance, during compilation of rockbox, I chose english-us as my language. When I ran "make voice" to compile the voice file, it created a file named english-us.voice.
I then copied the english-us.voice file to .rockbox/langs/  on my sd card. Powered up the X3, then chose english-us as the language from General settings. It will read all of the menu items in the base directory  of the player, but once I try to drill down, it panics.
The panic happens when either engine is used to create the voice file (Festival or or Flite engine).

The simulator on my desktop voices the menus fine (but the simulator is NOT an emulator, so its not exactly a 1:1 comparison)

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #1,266 of 2,617
I can't find a clip zip for under £80 ($100usd)!

Yeah, once your Clip+ is toast your only option is this X3. But I've dropped my sansa a whole bunch of times and it's still alive, I'm afraid the X3 might not be this resilient and I also would have to glue a clip at the back of it duh.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,270 of 2,617
Yes, I mean safely remove as I am using windows 10 and yes I have to lock the xduoo for the laptop to properly recognize the player itself. Also, when I safely remove the xduoo it doesn't disappear from windows explorer... 

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,271 of 2,617
If it isn't disappearing from windows explorer, chances are it isn't ready to remove yet. Have you tried connecting then clicking safely remove without actually adding any files? Does it disappear from windows explorer or not?

The easiest way to add files is to add them straight to the SD card if you have an SD card reader on your computer.

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #1,273 of 2,617
Believe it or not I never tried Rockbox on my X3 yet, only stock firmware.
you can install/load it from a 32gb card right?
i think i saw some people who install it on both their cards so it always boots no matter what?

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #1,274 of 2,617
Update: I figured it out!!!  Instead of naming the folder update.zip, I renamed it to just update (and left it zipped) and it worked.  I figured it out after downloading the x3-v1.1 file and noticing that the update file was just named 'update.'  Phew, now to figure out how to partition/reformat my 128gig sd card. Gapless playback here I come!

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,275 of 2,617
Ah, just wondering if anybody has used the rockbox midi module, and what needs compilation if so. That was a major selling point for me for rockbox in the past and i'd love to load up some giant midi folders and let them play. @XVortex do you know if all is ok to use midi plugin? https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/PluginMidiPlay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back