Rockbox Xduoo X3
Oct 31, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #843 of 2,617
Check the plain X3 thread. A Couple weeks ago somebody did a battery swap tutorial. Unfortunately the battery used has a bit less capacity as I recall. I think they also had to splice wires because the harnesses didn't match. There must be other options. I for one would like more hours of playtime.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #844 of 2,617
Hi everyone,
Just a couple of questions:

How do I get Rockbox to play all tracks in all folders randomly? I have my music organised into folders by artist, then sub-folders by album. I can get it to play an album in random order, but am struggling to get it to play all tracks randomly. Even then it seems to be a case of trawling through menus, rather than just a couple of button presses, which is annoying.

In my desperation, I went back to the original system software, and clicked on "All Songs", only to get the message "No File!" That's strange, as it worked fine before. I tried "update media library" in the settings, which gave me the message "start searching..." for a couple of seconds, but didn't do anything else. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Alex

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #845 of 2,617
Well, I tried to install Rockbox on the player, but every time I boot it up it boots up with it's original firmware. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #846 of 2,617
  Well, I tried to install Rockbox on the player, but every time I boot it up it boots up with it's original firmware. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

The most common error is renaming the update file to "update.zip.zip" instead of just "update.zip", because your OS isn't set to show file extensions, so either set your OS to show file extensions or just try deleting the ".zip" from the end of your update file.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #847 of 2,617
Corchito,
You can use Rockbox to randomly play all files in any folder by holding down the play button with that folder selected.  It will give you a bunch of playlist options, including "insert all shuffled."  So just stick all your artist folders in one "Music" folder inside the "Files" folder, and try out that method. I'm not sure about what happened with the original file system.  Good luck

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #848 of 2,617

The most common error is renaming the update file to "update.zip.zip" instead of just "update.zip", because your OS isn't set to show file extensions, so either set your OS to show file extensions or just try deleting the ".zip" from the end of your update file.

Tried that but still no success. 

I am not sure if I understand this part of the instruction: .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card.

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #850 of 2,617
There can be other files and/or folders in the root of the SD card too. i.e. In an update scenario there will be the update.zip file and the .rockbox folder.

What I have not figured out yet is if I need to leave the update file in the root of the device AFTER the update has applied. 

Kind regards,
Ian

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #851 of 2,617
There can be other files and/or folders in the root of the SD card too. i.e. In an update scenario there will be the update.zip file and the .rockbox folder.

What I have not figured out yet is if I need to leave the update file in the root of the device AFTER the update has applied. 

Kind regards,

Ian

You can delete the update.zjp once it's done.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #852 of 2,617
You can delete the update.zjp once it's done.

Thanks toddy0191

that is excellent news. :)

I just confirmed this by deleting the update and playing the file that I used to confirm that I could hear the slow play of FLAC by the standard bios. 

Having seen that, the thought occurred that the .rockbox structure is likely updated by the act of updating. I confirmed this by copying the .toolbox to a different card and playing my test file without the card the update was applied with/to.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a program to use for the creation of playlists on the Rockboxed xDuoo X3?
As a corollary question, is it possible to create a playlist with all files on the device and use that to effect a completely inclusive random shuffle mode?

Regards,
Ian

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #853 of 2,617
So, I bought an X3 a few months ago, RockBox'd it within a week after giving the original a whirl. Both were okay, both had their quirks, I settled on RockBox.

Due to work, and finishing off a book series, I stopped using it for a while. So I find it again, to use as my main music source in my truck. And it boot loops. On both Original firmware, and RockBox. 

Help?

Strike that. It was deader than a door nail. I let it click its way through boot loop for a little while and it's good now. Nevermind.

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #854 of 2,617
OK. So I am drawing a zero on getting a Windows 7 HyperV client to allow me to run the Flash_Rockbox.bat against my xDuoo X3 and am now wondering:

What will flashing the player give me that I do not already have with the device running the updated Rockbox version from the SD card?

Are there benefits that I am missing out on, or am I just getting OCD about following the standard process?

Regards,
Ian

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #855 of 2,617
  OK. So I am drawing a zero on getting a Windows 7 HyperV client to allow me to run the Flash_Rockbox.bat against my xDuoo X3 and am now wondering:

What will flashing the player give me that I do not already have with the device running the updated Rockbox version from the SD card?

Are there benefits that I am missing out on, or am I just getting OCD about following the standard process?

Regards,
Ian

I don't know where you got the idea that there was any difference in the end result with one method vs another, or that there was some reason to install Rockbox on a player which already has Rockbox on it. Your chasing your tail here, you already have Rockbox installed. Even the method you're attempting to use now requires the .rockbox folder on the card. There's no reason to do what you're trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back