Rockbox Xduoo X3
Sep 16, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #766 of 2,617
You need the rockbox files on all the SD cards, or at least that's been my experience.
copy the .rockbox folder from your 'good' card to your other SD card, should work after that.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #767 of 2,617
Lotech is right. Rockbox doesn't become part of the player, it's designed to exist with the original firmware. It needs to stay on whichever card is in Slot 1 (it only takes up 10MB or so--not much space at all).

When the player boots, it always looks for that .rockbox folder, and it only looks on the card in Slot 1. So if you plan on switching cards, make sure the .rockbox folder and contents are on any card you will have in Slot 1.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but it is actually very smart. You never have to flash the player's memory again, which is safer for the player. To update Rockbox, you just have to unzip the new version onto the card.

For power users, it's also handy to be able to find all the configuration files, themes, etc. in the .rockbox folder, in case you want to edit them.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #768 of 2,617
  You need the rockbox files on all the SD cards, or at least that's been my experience.
copy the .rockbox folder from your 'good' card to your other SD card, should work after that.

Lotech is right. Rockbox doesn't become part of the player, it's designed to exist with the original firmware. It needs to stay on whichever card is in Slot 1 (it only takes up 10MB or so--not much space at all).

When the player boots, it always looks for that .rockbox folder, and it only looks on the card in Slot 1. So if you plan on switching cards, make sure the .rockbox folder and contents are on any card you will have in Slot 1.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but it is actually very smart. You never have to flash the player's memory again, which is safer for the player. To update Rockbox, you just have to unzip the new version onto the card.

For power users, it's also handy to be able to find all the configuration files, themes, etc. in the .rockbox folder, in case you want to edit them.

I see. Thank you guys very much!!

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #769 of 2,617
On xvtx.ru, in the manual instructions for removal of rockbox are as follows;
To uninstall Rockbox and install Stock firmware please:
1) Download update-back-to-stock.zip to the root of the micro SD-card and rename it to update.zip;
2) Switch to original firmware and run firmware update;
3) Good luck with Stock firmware!

This doesn't seem to work since booting into the original firmware and performing update causes an instant 'NOTICE Suceed' which then boots to Rockbox.

I even tried the Xduoo website download file for V1.1 instead of the 'update to stock' file provided by xvtx, but with the same result.

The reasons I'd like to remove rockbox are (1) it seems an faff to reformat 128GB msd cards to FAT32 (2) funtionality of buttons is changed and I'd rather get used to how the player is supposed to be set up than spend time tweaking it.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #770 of 2,617
1) Download update-back-to-stock.zip to the root of the micro SD-card and rename it to update.zip;

This doesn't seem to work since booting into the original firmware and performing update causes an instant 'NOTICE Suceed' which then boots to Rockbox.

I even tried the Xduoo website download file for V1.1 instead of the 'update to stock' file provided by xvtx, but with the same result.

The reasons I'd like to remove rockbox are (1) it seems an faff to reformat 128GB msd cards to FAT32 (2) funtionality of buttons is changed and I'd rather get used to how the player is supposed to be set up than spend time tweaking it.

Or you can just use the stock fireware with keeping the Rockbox since you can chppse which system to use whrn you turn it on.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #771 of 2,617

+1
I have exactly the same problem. Can someone help how to install back the stock firmware?

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #772 of 2,617
+1
I have exactly the same problem. Can someone help how to install back the stock firmware?

After point 2) quickly toggle the lock switch. That will do.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #773 of 2,617
+1

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3/765#post_12869373 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]

After point 2) quickly toggle the lock switch. That will do.

The double boot is not the problem. I toggled the lock switch and booted to the original firmware. So far no problem.
The problem is that after you update the firmware that should flash the stock firmware then after that update the X3 still boots into rockboxed firmware and therefore requires rockbox files on the sd card.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #775 of 2,617
The double boot is not the problem. I toggled the lock switch and booted to the original firmware. So far no problem.
The problem is that after you update the firmware that should flash the stock firmware then after that update the X3 still boots into rockboxed firmware and therefore requires rockbox files on the sd card.

To uninstall rockbox, you need the rockbox folder. Try to put the folders back to sd card. Install it again from stock software and then uninstall it from the sock firmware. 

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #776 of 2,617
Need some help. I got my xDuoo x3 and immediately updated to Rockbox, all worked well until I noticed it couldn't read traditional chinese, so I changed the language to traditional chinese, and now I can't read any of the menu items.

I tried going back to stock but everytime I go the upgrade route, the machine just reboots in Rockbox, and I am getting these squares again.

Can anyone give me the menu layout such that I can find the language, and choose English again?  Just telling me something like "Go to the main menu, choose the 3rd option, click, then then 5th option ..... etc" would help, just so long as I can get back to English, or languages using the English alphabets would help.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Don't worry guys, I used the process of elimination, and somehow allowed me to chose a font that would change the strange rectangles into actual characters, I then switched the language back to "English", and all is good.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #777 of 2,617
   I changed the language to traditional chinese, and now I can't read any of the menu items.

If you need Chinese, someone developed a font that might work here: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/4878 (read the whole thread--there's an updated version of the font in the discussion).

Supposedly, this font was committed to the standard Rockbox build, but I don't see it on my Xduoo.

There was also a discussion here: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=9762.0 that quotes yet another forum thread saying Unifont needs to be set as your default system font.

TL;DR: Rockbox has support for Chinese characters, but it may take some tweaking to display them properly.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #778 of 2,617
Thanks. I am running into other problems. I put all of my library into 2 sd cards, totals of about 170GB of music, about 15k songs. So not absolutely ridiculous. I think I'm updating the database (it says updating in background, but I'm not sure if the updating is done or not) and now the player is working at a crawl. The menus that forever to react, and it won't even play music properly (hurky jerky). Guess I'll wait overnight to see if the database updating I the background is killing all the processing power.

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #780 of 2,617
Thanks. I let it run overnight. It froze. Reset the player. Went to the original Ui, built library, went back to rock of, rebuilt library, reboot again in rock box and everything is fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back