Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 21, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #154 of 2,617
  does the line out still work with the rockbox firmware?

Of course.  Why wouldn't it?  

Only change is that it doesn't default to 100% (1.5V) output like the factory firmware..  It reflects whatever volume setting you have for your phones but can easily be ratcheted up to full output.  Just remember to throttle back before you switch over from line out to phone out or your ears may get quite the shock.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #155 of 2,617

does the line out still work with the rockbox firmware?

Of course.  Why wouldn't it?  

Only change is that it doesn't default to 100% (1.5V) output like the factory firmware..  It reflects whatever volume setting you have for your phones but can easily be ratcheted up to full output.  Just remember to throttle back before you switch over from line out to phone out or your ears may get quite the shock.

That is weird. Id prefer it to be an actual line out disconnected from vol control lol.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #157 of 2,617

That is weird. Id prefer it to be an actual line out disconnected from vol control lol.

Me too, otherwise there's no difference between headphone-out and line-out.
So would be great if Rockbox would have a fixed output volume. But in no way a dealbreaker for using Rockbox :)

Im sure its an easy thing to write into the code. With enough requests they will do it. I hope this actually turns into a legit thing. X3 rockbox'd will be a popular thing.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #161 of 2,617
  Because the line-out @ not 100% volume sometimes provides a better sound quality.

Wowers 
blink.gif
, never knew that.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #163 of 2,617
  o.0 Never knew that!
What volume do you recommend we use for line out? 70% 

Just got my new X3 up and running yesterday.  Copying my track library over to it now.  I'm used to the Fiio X1 where you have to use line out with an amp.  Curious now to see how the X3 performs using LO direct with headphones.  Going to make sure the volume is turned way down though.  Also, going to search for some good resources on getting the full potential out of Rockbox.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #164 of 2,617
Curious now to see how the X3 performs using LO direct with headphones.  Going to make sure the volume is turned way down though.  Also, going to search for some good resources on getting the full potential out of Rockbox.

Headphones will probably sound rubbish driven from the line out. Reason - line out is designed to drive an amplifier input with an impedance of about 50k ohms, not a headphone of about 16 - 600 ohms, so you don't get the necessary damping factor and the frequency response will probably be off.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #165 of 2,617
Headphones will probably sound rubbish driven from the line out. Reason - line out is designed to drive an amplifier input with an impedance of about 50k ohms, not a headphone of about 16 - 600 ohms, so you don't get the necessary damping factor and the frequency response will probably be off.

Well I tried it. Didn't sound like rubbish. But, I think HO is the way to go without an amp. Will try it later with my Cayin C5. Thus far, I'm really impressed with this player. Can already tell it performs better than the Fiio X1 I used to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back