Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #136 of 2,617
  Yay! Mind I ask, do you still charge your X3 in stock FW Mode?
Thanks mate!

Yes.  It works flawlessly so why change?

I haven't seen a post mentioning my problem:
When pressing the Next track or Previous track button, or when I press Play after searching for a file, I have a 4 to 6 seconds delay before I hear the start of the music.
This happens only with HD files (96 or 192 kHz).
I haven't got this problem with 44.1 kHz files.
But when the player goes from one track to the next (I don't touch any button), I don't have this delay.
Can anyone tell me what is the cause of this ?

I'm asking again, in case some of you didn't read my first post.

I'm sure folks read it but like me they don't have any experience those issues under the circumstances you describe.  So no responses.

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #137 of 2,617
When pressing the Next track or Previous track button, or when I press Play after searching for a file, I have a 4 to 6 seconds delay before I hear the start of the music.
But when the player goes from one track to the next (I don't touch any button), I don't have this delay.

Large album art files can cause significant delay so you can try resizing or removing the album art..

Disclaimer: I dont own the Xduoo X3 but this happens on my FiiO X1

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #139 of 2,617
There is no album art in the folders.
There is no samplerate on the cabbiev2 theme.
Also I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the files and loading them in memory:
if I don't press any button, at the end of a track, the next one starts without the delay (I always use separate files for all my albums).
If I use the original xDuoo software, and not Rockbox, I don't have this problem.

And another question: does Rockbox play DSF files ?
They don't appear in the track list (they work fine in the xDuoo firmware)

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #141 of 2,617
this is something you should ask the developer of this Rockbox about. I myself think it has something to do with prefetching the files to eliminate the 1-2 seconds you miss at the start of every song when you use stock firmware. Also gapless play might be involved. Just my 2cents though :)
(same issue here by the way)

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #144 of 2,617
I know he's not a Rockbox developer, but the problem lies with the porting, as I don't have this problem on my rockboxed Sansa Clip+.
So I think he's the one who could provide a solution.
I found another user with the same problem: link here

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #145 of 2,617
Hi folks,
I've just bought the x3, after my sansa clip gave up the ghost. After using it for a few days, I noticed that it seemed to miss the start of songs when you skip tracks, so I went to Rockbox it.
It's probably me, but when I try to install manually, holding down the option key and connecting it to my pc with the program running, the x3 locks up and does nothing.  I reset it but it continues to do it.  Can anyone tell me if it's something obvious I'm missing.
Anthony

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #146 of 2,617
Originally Posted by antonbhoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when I try to install manually, holding down the option key and connecting it to my pc with the program running, the x3 locks up and does nothing.  I reset it but it continues to do it.  Can anyone tell me if it's something obvious I'm missing.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to do here.  You need to follow the guidelines spelled out here: http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm.
Specifically:
For first time installation follow this steps:
1) Download bootloader (update-to-rockbox-xxx.zip) and rockbox system’s archives (rockbox-full-xxx.zip);
2) Rename update-to-rockbox-xxx.zip to update.zip and write to the root of the micro SD-card without unpacking.
3) Unpack rockbox-full-xxx.zip to the root of the micro SD-card. System folder .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card. Card must be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32. Filesystems ExFAT, NTFS, EXT3/4 does not supported!
4) Install this SD- card to the X3 slot number 1;
5) Be sured that your X3 is totally charged. Normally update your player. To do this, in the menu "Setting" select "Upgrade";
6) The process of flashing must to begin. After successful installation Rockbox will start automatically

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #147 of 2,617
From http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm
This is the instruction I followed.

For first time manual installation follow this steps:
1) Download bootloader (rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip) and rockbox system’s archives (rockbox-full-xxx.zip);
2) Unpack rockbox-full-xxx.zip to the root of the micro SD-card. System folder .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card. Card must be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32. Filesystems ExFAT, NTFS, EXT3/4 does not supported!
3) Install this SD- card to the X3 slot number 1;
4) Unpack the rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip to the root of the C: logical disc of your PC Folder named xDuoo, must to be at the root of the disc like this: C:\xDuoo
5) Be sured that your X3 is totally charged. Turn it OFF and unplug the USB cable.
6) Run the script C:\xDuoo\Flash_Rockbox.bat (or C:\xDuoo\Flash_Stock.bat to return to the stock firmware);
7) Press and hold the button "OPTION" pressed;
8) Plug the USB cable connected to PC to X3 then release the button “OPTION”
9) Install the driver for JZ4760 USB Boot if you didn’t install it previously. It is available here: C:\xDuoo\Drivers;
10) The process of flashing must to begin. If it doesn’t start, unplug the USB cable and reset the player. Try flash it again (see prev. 5-8 points) The flashing lasts about 2-3 minutes.
11) After successful installation Rockbox will start automatically
12) Profit.

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #149 of 2,617
  Hi,
When I try it the other way, I get the message, "NOTICE, No firmware file"

I saw a friend rename update-to-rockbox-xxx.zip to update.zip, so his update.zip was update.zip.zip and he got the Notice, No firmware file message. I had him rename it to setup instead, the .zip is already there(it is the file type).

I am not saying you did this, but wanted to mention this just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back