Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #121 of 2,617
I haven't seen a post mentioning my problem:
When pressing the Next track or Previous track button, or when I press Play after searching for a file, I have a 4 to 6 seconds delay before I hear the start of the music.
This happens only with HD files (96 or 192 kHz).
I haven't got this problem with 44.1 kHz files.
But when the player goes from one track to the next (I don't touch any button), I don't have this delay.
Can anyone tell me what is the cause of this ?

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #122 of 2,617
I have a few questions about versions and features:

1. Are the updates the same as the fresh install only differing in the method of install ?

2. My music is held like music/artist/album
I have the auto change directory set to random.
When one directory is done the switch is to the next directory, not a random one.

3. Under files my sd cards seem to be labeled backwards:
Files

msd1

is a rockbox generated name and is actually the second sd card.

msd1 is in the root directory of the first sd card.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #123 of 2,617
Hey guys, can you please tell me how is this babe battery juice gonna hold up when pairing with 32ohm cans and play FLAC16/44 continously? I heard that there is a function that can test battery endurance in RB.
Will Rockbox has anything to do that improve battery life ? 
Thank you so much. Got so excited about DAPs recently ^^

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #125 of 2,617
Hey guys, can you please tell me how is this babe battery juice gonna hold up when pairing with 32ohm cans and play FLAC16/44 continously? I heard that there is a function that can test battery endurance in RB.

Will Rockbox has anything to do that improve battery life ? 

Thank you so much. Got so excited about DAPs recently ^^

My longest recorded time of using RB with a full charge and external amp was 14 hours

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #126 of 2,617
Has the latest update of RB removed the "shut down" message from RB?

Yes, and after I posted my lament about it XVortex indicated that he'd reverse that in a new patch to be available pretty quickly.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #127 of 2,617
I have a few questions about versions and features:

1. Are the updates the same as the fresh install only differing in the method of install ?

2. My music is held like music/artist/album
I have the auto change directory set to random.
When one directory is done the switch is to the next directory, not a random one.

3. Under files my sd cards seem to be labeled backwards:
Files

msd1

is a rockbox generated name and is actually the second sd card.

msd1 is in the root directory of the first sd card.

Thanks

1. Updates and fresh installs differ somewhat. But the location of .rockbox remains the same. The root of your sd card. For an uodate, just over write the old .rockbox file with the new one.

2. I have no idea sorry. In fact I would like to know where did you locate this function.

3.RB only recognises the sd card in slot 1. Therefore it will staright away list Music. If your sd card is sorted like Music/Artis/Album in root.

The sd card in slot 2 will be identified as amd you will have to entre it to get to Music

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #130 of 2,617
Just received my X3. It has firmware v1.1.
I installed latest RB and I have some issues:
1. When playing FLAC 24/88.2 there is a lot of noise and exclamation mark is blinking on samplerate value, but on original firmware it plays without noise.
2. When playing mp3 16/48 I also get exclamation mark blinking on samplerate value, but without noise.
Has anybody the same observations?

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #131 of 2,617

Power button behavior has been reverted. Please download new update (37373fdM-160418).

tHANK-YOU!

Yup.  The "shutting down" message is back!  Hooray! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #133 of 2,617
1. Updates and fresh installs differ somewhat. But the location of .rockbox remains the same. The root of your sd card. For an uodate, just over write the old .rockbox file with the new one.

2. I have no idea sorry. In fact I would like to know where did you locate this function.

3.RB only recognises the sd card in slot 1. Therefore it will staright away list Music. If your sd card is sorted like Music/Artis/Album in root.

The sd card in slot 2 will be identified as amd you will have to entre it to get to Music

Thanks for your answers.
The Auto-Change Directory settings are in:
Settings -> Playback Settings -> Auto-Change Directory

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #134 of 2,617
Hm, for me there is still the "shutting down" information displayed....
Or were you talking about something else?

The "shutting down" message was removed on firmware "rockbox-update-37373fd-160418" but returned on firmware "rockbox-update-37373fdM-160418"

Yup.  The "shutting down" message is back!  Hooray! 
biggrin.gif

Yay! Mind I ask, do you still charge your X3 in stock FW Mode?
I tried to charge mine in RB mode but nothing happened and my screen was blank.
However, once I turned on "only charged on usb mode" my X3 will charge BUT only it will automatically turn on RB.

@XVortex is this normal?
Thanks for your answers.
The Auto-Change Directory settings are in:
Settings -> Playback Settings -> Auto-Change Directory

Thanks mate!

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #135 of 2,617
  I haven't seen a post mentioning my problem:
When pressing the Next track or Previous track button, or when I press Play after searching for a file, I have a 4 to 6 seconds delay before I hear the start of the music.
This happens only with HD files (96 or 192 kHz).
I haven't got this problem with 44.1 kHz files.
But when the player goes from one track to the next (I don't touch any button), I don't have this delay.
Can anyone tell me what is the cause of this ?

I'm asking again, in case some of you didn't read my first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back