Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #108 of 2,617
  System Volume Information will appear if you have inserted the card in X3, it is normal and X3 will automatically create a file known as "system volume information"
I personally have no idea on what it does.

Well I checked again, ensuring I had the hidden files visible option engaged, and NONE of my mSD cards have this extraneous file on them.  All my cards (2x128Gb, 1x64Gb, 1x32Gb) were formated into FAT32 with guiformat.exe.

This viewing my cards in my xDuoo X3 while connected to my desktop via USB in the factory firmware mode.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #109 of 2,617
Sorry, many q's as I work up to RBing this thing tonite:
As far as themes, are there only particular models' themes you can use ( for instance , only ones made for Sansa Clip) ?
Obviously non-album art friendly ones are needed.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #110 of 2,617
  Sorry, many q's as I work up to RBing this thing tonite:
As far as themes, are there only particular models' themes you can use ( for instance , only ones made for Sansa Clip) ?
Obviously non-album art friendly ones are needed.

the clip + ones were recommended . looking at the themes on RB site only clip and clip + are monochrome and therefore compatible ... you got 112 to choose from :)

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #112 of 2,617
  Well I checked again, ensuring I had the hidden files visible option engaged, and NONE of my mSD cards have this extraneous file on them.  All my cards (2x128Gb, 1x64Gb, 1x32Gb) were formated into FAT32 with guiformat.exe.

This viewing my cards in my xDuoo X3 while connected to my desktop via USB in the factory firmware mode.

using my X3 with Windows Vista Desktop I never had or seen the folders on either of my cards. Bought a new Laptop 2 weeks ago with Windows 10 on it. After connecting my player to the new laptop I noticed both cards had that folder in it visable from the player menu.

Weird. Neither cards have been formatted and are still in exfat.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #113 of 2,617
Next step is to go through the settings in Rockbox. I don't mind hear the kick drum in my music. Any suggestions for bass and treble settings (sounds old school doesn't it). Also whereabouts do I find different themes as I can only see 4 or 5 on there at the moment. Cheers.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #116 of 2,617
Are there any equalizer pack files to download?

I just did some Net googling and a search on Head-Fi which you don't indicate you've even tried.....  
frown.gif

Here's something to get you started http://www.head-fi.org/t/760401/rockbox-my-186-custom-eq-presets-you-can-download-and-easily-use

...and no I'm not using any EQ with my Rockboxed xDuoo X3.

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #118 of 2,617

Translated by Google from Russian website http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=157050&page=184 
: "In today's update (37373fd-160418) rokboksa: 
- Added key lock and blanking of the screen (if configured) for 1s retention. Button Power. Turning off the Power button to retain for 4c .; 
- calibrate the battery. Now charge interest should indicate more precisely. Also fixed charge only up to ~ 85% for some players;"

And for the Ogg Files:
"
quote_icon.png
Posted by iMaddy 
Guys, ogg support in rokboks has not delivered? Today has lost its Sansa now I need a replacement.

Not yet. In general, it is not clear why the plugin crashes ..."

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #119 of 2,617

Translated by Google from Russian website http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=157050&page=184 
: "In today's update (37373fd-160418) rokboksa: 
- Added key lock and blanking of the screen (if configured) for 1s retention. Button Power. Turning off the Power button to retain for 4c .; 
- calibrate the battery. Now charge interest should indicate more precisely. Also fixed charge only up to ~ 85% for some players;"

I don't like the power off screen business at all in this new patch.  There's no "see you later" confirming a shut down.  Rather the playing screen just fades away and you have wait to hear a soft click to confirm the unit is shut off.   To me this is a step backwards.  Couldn't find where I could configure things back to the way they were
frown.gif

The battery remaining displayed in themes as hours / minutes still shows as "?h ?m"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back