Rockbox Xduoo X3
May 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #306 of 2,617
harry501501 reports via PM that he's up and running now
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #307 of 2,617
Hi, got it working. Just being silly. Assumed the removable disc ONE on my PC was micro sd1 on the XD. Other way around. This RB is awesome... I thought all it was was just a few different theme lol. Wish I had did it ages ago. Kudos to the creator!!!

Thanks for your help guys.

May 15, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #310 of 2,617
May 16, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #313 of 2,617
@XVortex,

Noob here. I just downloaded update-to-rockbox-d312ba8M-160316.zip and changed the name to update.zip.

I am stuck in boot screen saying

"Loading firmware...

Error: File not found"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51139.msg237266.html#46

If you have file extensions hidden rename it to "update". Don't put the ".zip". Also you need to download rockbox-full-xxx.zip, open and move the .rockbox folder to your microsd root (just open the microsd and drop both in there, don't place in another folder)

May 16, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #314 of 2,617
If you have file extensions hidden rename it to "update". Don't put the ".zip". Also you need to download rockbox-full-xxx.zip, open and move the .rockbox folder to your microsd root (just open the microsd and drop both in there, don't place in another folder)

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that. Much appreciated.

May 16, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #315 of 2,617
I am looking to purchase an X3 but I do not have access to a PC running Windows 7. Is it possible to install it on a Windows 10 PC now or do you still need a Win 7 machine. Please advise if it's possible and if there is any difference to the main instructions you can access from the first post. I have installed Rockbox on other players before but this one looks a bit tricky. If I can't get the hang of it how bad is the pitch error, will it really wind me up if I am really familiar with my tunes?

I formatted my 32gb micro sd using windows 10. Copied the update.zip and .rockbox into the flash root directory. Inserted the flash into slot 1. Started the x3 and initiated the update from the settings. After that took out the flash to delete the update.zip and updated .rockbox with the lastest update. That's it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back