Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Nov 26, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #1,127 of 1,316
  Which file system is your flash card?

I have a 200 gb sandisk in the microsd slot in the player and a 128 gb sandisk I'm using through the USB. 

Both are exFAT

I doubt it is a problem with the card - if the problem was limited to the reading of the card through the USB it could be, but the other two problems - the gap at 6 seconds at the beginning of each album and the intermittently unresponsive buttons also occur on the card that is in the microsd slot in the player.

So the three problems are occurring on music that is stored on different cards - not just on one card.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,128 of 1,316
  I have a 200 gb sandisk in the microsd slot in the player and a 128 gb sandisk I'm using through the USB. 

Both are exFAT

I doubt it is a problem with the card - if the problem was limited to the reading of the card through the USB it could be, but the other two problems - the gap at 6 seconds at the beginning of each album and the intermittently unresponsive buttons also occur on the card that is in the microsd slot in the player.

So the three problems are occurring on music that is stored on different cards - not just on one card.

I'm thinking the card reader hardware not the card.  Perhaps also the file format?  Intermittently unresponsive buttons sounds like a higher priority interrupt is busy trying to do something that is taking way too long (most likely because of a hardware issue) like it is waiting on the result of something that is delayed.

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #1,129 of 1,316
Not really sure this is a bug, but if I turn off the player and connect it to  a wall charger, then turn it on, it will just go to a black screen. If I remove the cable, immediately the ibasso splash screen comes up. In worst case scenarios i've had to remove battery

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,131 of 1,316
 Not really sure this is a bug, but if I turn off the player and connect it to  a wall charger, then turn it on, it will just go to a black screen. If I remove the cable, immediately the ibasso splash screen comes up. In worst case scenarios i've had to remove battery

I have that behavior. When I use the DX90 connected to a USB charger (not computer), once the screen turns off, it will not turn on until I unplug the usb cable. I don't really consider it a problem but it is a bug.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,132 of 1,316
  I have that behavior. When I use the DX90 connected to a USB charger (not computer), once the screen turns off, it will not turn on until I unplug the usb cable. I don't really consider it a problem but it is a bug.

yup, in somes cases when the player is off and I try to turn it on, it won't turn on until I remove the usb cord.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,134 of 1,316
I am in search of some help.  Have not posted here in a long time.  Just bought a DX90 and installed Napka's latest Rockbox builds on it.  Put some music on the internal drive and everything worked great.  Just added 10 gig of music to the sd card and the database has been taking forever to build.  I also cannot see the SD card in the files section.  I've turned the player on and off.  I've done an initialize and it says it's building the database.  It's been saying this for over an hour.  Is this normal?  If I go to Mango, I can see all of the files on the sd card.  Any help is appreciated.

Edit:  I actually got it figured out.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #1,135 of 1,316
I haven't found this issue yet, and I'm hoping it's an easy fix...

My DX90 (stock firmware 2.3.0) would fail to power on if left off for the better part of a day. If I turned it off, then powered it back on within about 10 minutes, no problem. If I let it sit off for 8 hours, it won't power back on until I pull the battery and let it sit for a few minutes.

So I installed the modified FW2.3.0 and Rockbox, since I prefer Rockbox anyway. Now it does the same thing, but I can see the screen's backlight flash briefly, as though it's trying to power on, but can't. Again, I get no joy until I pull the battery and let it sit.

I've tried stock firmware, Lurker's firmware, and Rockbox, and it's getting a little frustrating. I even used the upgrade tool to reformat/install firmware, I've swapped in a brand new battery, I've held the power button for over 60 seconds at a time, and I've held Vol+ and Power for 30 seconds, and tried everything while plugged into power and on battery only--no luck on anything without the battery pull.

Do I just have a bad player? Will an earlier firmware version help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back