Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jun 12, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #976 of 1,316
I updated from a previous version (the version before the latest) by overwriting the install and am using your patched firmware 2.2.0.

Very strange behavior. Try to move config.cfg somewhere from .rockbox folder and reboot player. Does problem persist?

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #979 of 1,316
FYI: On the problem of the physical forward/back buttons not working, I find the screen's forward/back buttons also do not work. The exception for both sets of buttons is that they do work for UP/DOWN like when in playlist mode.
Thanks Napka for checking into this!

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #981 of 1,316
One more update for Napka on buttons not working for me since the last update.
I reinstalled everything and no change.
I changed to REDUX theme and found that the left/right buttons were changing volume or FF/RW depending on hard button/screen button. Anyway, I then found a selection of "prevent track skipping" and changed to "no" and that fixed the hard buttons to skip to next song as I wanted. The screen's right button appears to be doing volume and the screen left button goes to a "pitch up" / "pitch down" button (edit, on next song the pitch up buttons did not appear).

EDIT: Interestingly, I switched back to Naranjada theme and now the buttons are working again!!!

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #982 of 1,316
  @demem has made some reverse-engineering of the dx50.

I know that specially the amp section is different between DX50/90. But just in case you're interested: here are the schematics:

would need the schematics for the DX90 and some of the details are important like 'single Op Amp' isn't enough, need to know which one it is.  also need to know all component values like R2, 3, 5, 6, ... for example if R2 & R3 or R5 & R6 are very low values we should lose a lot of power straight to ground.  If anyone can scramble up an accurate and complete schematic for the DX-90 I will pass it to the hardware guru to optimize.  We have worked together often in profession to optimize designs for long battery life and usually at the same time even higher performance.  Exact component selection is a critical part of good design.

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #983 of 1,316
touch screen still works while screen is off!!!! u can blind touch everything on screen. i usually turn off the screen manually by pushing power button once. but everything is still touchable although the screen is off!
anyone have the same issue? latest napka, naranjada theme. 
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #985 of 1,316
  changing sleep settings to "always" is the only way to solve the problem. 
confused_face.gif

LCD Settings -> Sleep (After Backlight Off) should be set to Always with DX90. Why do you want other setting? This option if for old mono LCD screens where you can see screen contents when backlight is off. On modern touch screens it lets touches work after backlight off.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #987 of 1,316
I had mine on 'never'... the problem i think is i don't really 'get' what all those settings actually mean.  would be nice if there were less settings and only the really useful ones and somewhere a description of what they actually do.  maybe the long touch on the setting gives a screen with a full setting description.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #988 of 1,316

Very strange behavior. Try to move config.cfg somewhere from .rockbox folder and reboot player. Does problem persist?

I discovered that the right button didn't work properly if the screen was on - but was fine if it was off.  It was the same in mango!  Is that normal?  Is there a conflict between touchscreen and button inputs?

Ade

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #989 of 1,316
  I discovered hat the right button didn't work properly if the screen was on - but was fine if it was off.  It was the same in mango!  I cleaned the screen -seemed to fix it - dirty screen problem...... lol

Ade

whoa, that is a little crazy... perhaps there is some other issue like the case is pressing the screen too hard or something.

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #990 of 1,316
Ibasso new FW released. Can I manually update the new FW with Napka's dual boot Rockbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back