Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jun 8, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #946 of 1,316
  I tried napka's version of rockbox, and it worked after I put it in a .rockbox map (instead of apps\apps_rockbox\rockbox for the rockbox version in the OP).

I switched back to the version in the OP, though, because the touch interface in that one seemed more logical to me. Tap the icon for shuffle or repeat and it enables or disables shuffle and repeat. On napka's version, I'd get the select screen that I'm used to from my rockboxed Sansa Fuze when tapping on a certain region in the screen, but I'm not sure how I could change these values in the select screen. I also didn't quite figure out how to get to the playlist from the Now playing screen. On the version in the OP I'd just tap on the Rockbox logo in the Now playing screen (in the Cabbie v2 theme), which seemed fairly intuitive to me.

Not to knock on napka's great work on bringing rockbox to the DX90, just some observations from my side on what seems to work better for me.

There's an option: Settings - General Settings - Touchscreen Settings - Touchscreen mode.
It is theme controlled when it's about WPS.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #948 of 1,316
Jun 8, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #949 of 1,316
thanks mate 
beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #950 of 1,316
I've been using Rockbox for my DX90 for a couple of months now and loving it. 

Up to now I have been using a sandisk 128 gb microsd in the DX90 with no issue.

Yesterday I tried adding a 64 gb microsd in a card reader connected to the DX90 with an OTG cable.

When I scanned the library, all the music showed up in the database as it should. However, when I tried to play anything stored in the card reader/OTG setup, it would not play properly. It would first just kind of freeze up, and then eventually would start playing but with skips and gaps in the music. 

The music on the original 128 gb card stored in the slot in the DX90 still played fine.

I'm wondering what the problem is as the DX90 is supposed to be able to use the card reader/OTG setup well

Is the problem with 
1) Rockbox?
2) The card reader (it is a cheap one as I am currently in Bali and have no immediate access to a good quality one)?
3) Something else?

Has anyone had this problem or can anyone offer any ideas for solutions?

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #955 of 1,316
This is something I would have implemented a long time ago if it were easy. The problem is that rockbox is built around the main menu. So if you want to go from settings to wps, you would need to go to main nenu first, rhen to wps. It is easy to implement from database or from file view but not from the rest.
Btw. Not after some seconds but when screen goes off woult be the perfect moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back