Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
May 9, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #841 of 1,316
Maybe a newbie question, but is there a shortcut to go back to now playing screen when I browse a folder? Right now I have to find a way back to main screen before I can access now playing screen. Thank you guys.

If you installed the build from the first post you can use power + REW/Prev button. Not sure if napka implemented something similar with the official rockbox build.

May 9, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #842 of 1,316
Thank for an advice. However it seem this trick didn't work with Napka's rockbox build.

May 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #843 of 1,316
  does the RB affect the dx90 sound ? does it sound better than say the 2.2.0 lurker ?

In my experience, I have not felt any big changes in SQ between any of the firmwares or RB. The advantages you get from RB far outweigh any tiny ''improvements'' you sense in SQ IMO.

Just try it!

Hiss levels are the same (nearly non-existent), volume control feedback is better in stock firmware, but scrobbling, the safety features, EQs, and on and on are simply only worthwhile if you're using Rockbox. I've given a love-fest to Mr. headwhacker over at headfonia. Great work.

Nice review and kudos for mentioning the dude(s) that made it possible.

May 9, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #844 of 1,316
can someone tell me more how the parametric eq works on dx90, how many eq bands u have in rockbox

May 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #846 of 1,316
can u please tell me how rockbox on ibasso is making a difference

1- does the eq work well
2- will u still be able to listen to 24/192 without downgrading
3- is sound quality better with rockbox

May 10, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #847 of 1,316
Just Rockboxed my DX90 but is there any way I can browse my files in my mini SD card instead of the usual Database way? Can I play through Albums? Sorry for this newbie question because this is the first time I'm using Rockbox.

May 10, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #848 of 1,316
Francisk:

Pretty sure you just need to browse to FILES -> MNT -> EXTERNAL SD.

If you dig around in the settings, you can enable play through folders, as well.

[@]hykhleif[/@]:
1. RB has really nice parametric EQ
2. No - pretty sure RB downsamples to 44/16
3. Shouldn't be much difference if any

May 10, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #849 of 1,316
UPDATE: I see. I've accessed the "Terminal" under Utilities. Got it.

Hello. I'm trying to open the rockbox-dx90-20150402.zip file, but I'm not getting a .rockbox or anything else out of it. 

The rockbox website says:

1. Unpack rockbox zip and copy .rockbox folder to DX90’s internal storage. With Mac OS X and Linux it’s useful to use “open” command to open hidden folders in file manager. For example: “open ~/Downloads/.rockbox”. As a result, there should be .rockbox folder in your player’s internal storage.

Well, I'm working on an OS X system, and I can't figure it out. Maybe I don't understand how to use "open" command. I used it from the Finder File menu, but it still doesn't produce anything from the zip.

What am I missing? 

May 11, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #852 of 1,316
  UPDATE: I see. I've accessed the "Terminal" under Utilities. Got it.

Hello. I'm trying to open the rockbox-dx90-20150402.zip file, but I'm not getting a .rockbox or anything else out of it. 

The rockbox website says:

1. Unpack rockbox zip and copy .rockbox folder to DX90’s internal storage. With Mac OS X and Linux it’s useful to use “open” command to open hidden folders in file manager. For example: “open ~/Downloads/.rockbox”. As a result, there should be .rockbox folder in your player’s internal storage.

Well, I'm working on an OS X system, and I can't figure it out. Maybe I don't understand how to use "open" command. I used it from the Finder File menu, but it still doesn't produce anything from the zip.

What am I missing? 

I had the same problem. The .rockbox file actually got extracted from the zip. You can check that by placing the zip file in a folder, extract it and than check folder size. You can somehow enable OSX to "see" files where the filename starts with a dot (.). I have VM Fusion on my system and went through Windows. Thinking about it, I think you need to enable "show hidden files"

May 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #853 of 1,316
Trying to get Rockbox to work with my DX90. I've undated firmware to the Lurker latest version and it has new fonts and says it's v2.20 and I downloaded the latest Rockbox 2015.04.02 full.
All the files apps .rockbox are in my internal memory of the device with the update. I did the system update. everything works fine but when I put the hold switch up and reboot or hold the fast forward and reboot I don't get the dual boot menu...Any ideas?
basshead.gif

May 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #854 of 1,316
  Trying to get Rockbox to work with my DX90. I've undated firmware to the Lurker latest version and it has new fonts and says it's v2.20 and I downloaded the latest Rockbox 2015.04.02 full.
All the files apps .rockbox are in my internal memory of the device with the update. I did the system update. everything works fine but when I put the hold switch up and reboot or hold the fast forward and reboot I don't get the dual boot menu...Any ideas?
basshead.gif

Use patched firmware with dual boot loader. They're on the same page as rockbox.

May 15, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #855 of 1,316
Added this to install readme:

Note for Mac users: files and folders with dot before name are hidden. To see them: open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and type:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

To revert change YES to NO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back