Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Mar 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #736 of 1,316
I have been working on this dx90 to restart again but no luck for 4 hours!  I try to unzip the update.img to a microsd card and it cannot update from sd card:  cannot found firmware image or invalid image.  update rkimage complete.

I just want it to work again.  Does not have to be rockbox, just mango would be wonderful!!!

anything anybody!!! Please.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #739 of 1,316
thank you very much!!!  someone told me to do a hard reset because they had the same thing happen to them.  but when I asked how, there is no reply yet.  I guess I am out of luck until I find some answers.  Thank you so much for responding.  That helps me to be not alone in this.  Thank you again. I will wait for someone to help me out, or I just might have to buy a new one.  
i b a s s o did not email me back yet. 

thank you. I really dislike the auto correction when I type with my mac.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #744 of 1,316
Fixed left button.

Builds with resume playback fix + modern UI + hold button setting + left button fix + fixed random folder advance plugin... and few minor changes related to my experiments with sound, nevermind, I forgot them and I'm too lazy to build and upload again.

Build without fonts
Build with fonts

This is for "official" style firmware. If you use headwhacker's rockbox build, update to this firmware first.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #746 of 1,316
napka: Does this build fix gaps in the music when the power button is pressed to activate / deactivate the screen? That was a show-stopper for me.

Fixes for crackling noise and volume falls are next I guess. I can just copy Headwhacker's improvements now, but it's not 100% solution. Now I got some free time and I'm trying to figure out nature of this problems.

This build has increased player process priority and extended read ahead value, but those changes are in this build by accident, they don't really solve those problems.

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #748 of 1,316
Thanks for your work on this @napka!  My first reaction with the "rockbox-dx90-20150402-full" build is that I was surprised that the power button is a back button.  I was using @cholero's build with "modern" tweaks and was used to the power button turning the screen on/off as with stock DX90 FW.

For the headfiers not familiar with Rockbox, to test napka's newer builds you just need to replace the .rockbox folder on the DX90's internal drive.  It's a hidden file, so you need to enable viewing hidden files on your computer.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #749 of 1,316
  Thanks for your work on this @napka!  My first reaction with the "rockbox-dx90-20150402-full" build is that I was surprised that the power button is a back button.  I was using @cholero's build with "modern" tweaks and was used to the power button turning the screen on/off as with stock DX90 FW.

For the headfiers not familiar with Rockbox, to test napka's newer builds you just need to replace the .rockbox folder on the DX90's internal drive.  It's a hidden file, so you need to enable viewing hidden files on your computer.

Power button brings you back in menus and turns off the screen in While Playing Screen. Wasn't that Modern UI idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back