Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Oct 29, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #1,261 of 2,020
I've been using Rockbox on the DX50 for a while now and really love it, i agree it sounds better than the stock and Sound unlocked firmwares. 

In the sound setting menu i've tweaked the Bass +8, Treble +12, Channel Config Custom with Stereo Width @ 145 % - I love the sound!  Not yet touched the Parametric EQ at all as it looks pretty complicated but i think i might have a play with it soon!

My Favorite Theme is Redux - i think it looks awesome on the DX50

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2162&target=cowond2

Also not sure if you've figured it out yet but after applying the theme turn on the 3x3 touch grid for your own sanity (General Settings >> Display >> Touch Screen Settings >> Touchscreen Mode).  I find the normal touchscreen controls in Rockbox are a nightmare!

After setting 3x3 grid mode imagine the screen split in 3 rows of 3 squares, here's how it works :)  Enjoy!

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,262 of 2,020
Originally Posted by paulrgod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
turn on the 3x3 touch grid for your own sanity

Couldn't agree more, much more usable on a 320x240 screen.

It also means you can turn off line padding for much more readable lists (General Settings > Display > Touchscreen Settings > Line Padding in Lists > Off).

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,263 of 2,020

[...]

My Favorite Theme is Redux - i think it looks awesome on the DX50

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2162&target=cowond2

Also not sure if you've figured it out yet but after applying the theme turn on the 3x3 touch grid for your own sanity (General Settings >> Display >> Touch Screen Settings >> Touchscreen Mode).  I find the normal touchscreen controls in Rockbox are a nightmare!

After setting 3x3 grid mode imagine the screen split in 3 rows of 3 squares, here's how it works :)  Enjoy!

I use the Redux theme as well, but only in the WPS. The bars on the outside take up way too much space imo.

Also I want to use 3x3 mode but the mode switches back to "exact" mode whenever i go into the Files menu. is this normal or regular for the Android port of Rockbox?

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,264 of 2,020

I use the Redux theme as well, but only in the WPS. The bars on the outside take up way too much space imo.

Also I want to use 3x3 mode but the mode switches back to "exact" mode whenever i go into the Files menu. is this normal or regular for the Android port of Rockbox?

3x3 grid only works on the WPS screen. Not on the other screen like Files.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #1,265 of 2,020

This should not happen. 3x3 grid mode is meant to be set permanently in any rockbox build. What version of the unofficial DX50 do you use and what theme? Did you try a reboot after changing settings?

3x3 grid only works on the WPS screen. Not on the other screen like Files.

sorry, i can't confirm this

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #1,268 of 2,020
  3x3 mode seems to work throughout the UI for me - no problems while browsing files etc..

perhaps it depends on the themes used.

It wasn't working for me before, but it is now! I'm pretty sure you have to reset it after you change it. I'm using the AAfreak theme.

Nov 1, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #1,269 of 2,020
  It's not exactly what I was thinking, but I like it better! I really like the style of the theme you start with when you first install it on the DX50. I just wish I could get that sort of 3D look with big album art.

Remember that you can customize the WPS and the themes, or even create your own! It's kind of complicated and fiddly, but definitely possible. 

And personally I can't stand using the 3x3 grid thing. To each their own, eh?

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #1,270 of 2,020
  This should not happen. 3x3 grid mode is meant to be set permanently in any rockbox build. What version of the unofficial DX50 do you use and what theme? Did you try a reboot after changing settings?

Sorry for the late reply. You were right, after rebooting the settings took place in the Files menu as well. I kept rebooting after setting the touchscreen mode back to exact since i didn't think a reboot would really change anything. 
redface.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,271 of 2,020
Hi all,

I've got a little issue with mine, after downloading some more files I went to the database but my unit wont initialise.
It says 0 files found,
I've tried to re-install rockbox but to no avail.
Is there anything else I should try?
Thanks
GC

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,272 of 2,020
Hello @GC1971,
I don't know if you have solved the problem in the meantime by reading some pages back but here are two screenshots how to set up the rockbox database to scan the internal drive and the external sd:
  • go to Settings / General Settings /  Database
  • Select directories to scan

• make sure that "/mnt/external_sd" and "/mnt/sdcard" have a triangle icon by repeated pressing play when the folder line is selected (no other lines should have a triangle). This means that it will scan the folder recursively (if I'm not wrong)

Regards,
cholero

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #1,273 of 2,020
By the way a great new developer, ArgelErx, started to optimize the DX50 port (while I've been lazy lately). This is what I use of his work until now:
  1. charging detection (not only power supply plugged detection)
  2. USB Mode setting to switch between ADB and mass_storage while system is running (I'm so happy with this :)  )
  3. for the new dualboot bootloader he made the graphics when USB is connected

And he is working on more code cleanup and optimizations...

At the moment I'm not doing a new build because I'm still waiting to get my patch commited. After that we will have rockbox installed on the internal storage and very easy to do an update with any file explorer. But maybe I have to change the location for the rockbox installation to get the patch commited. So if I would release a new version at the moment, it could cause a lot of confusion because this version would maybe not be compatible with future releases. So please be patient if you are waiting for a new version.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,274 of 2,020
By the way a great new developer, ArgelErx, started to optimize the DX50 port (while I've been lazy lately). This is what I use of his work until now:
  • charging detection (not only power supply plugged detection)
  • USB Mode setting to switch between ADB and mass_storage while system is running (I'm so happy with this :)  )

• for the new dualboot bootloader he made the graphics when USB is connected

And he is working on more code cleanup and optimizations...

At the moment I'm not doing a new build because I'm still waiting to get my patch commited. After that we will have rockbox installed on the internal storage and very easy to do an update with any file explorer. But maybe I have to change the location for the rockbox installation to get the patch commited. So if I would release a new version at the moment, it could cause a lot of confusion because this version would maybe not be compatible with future releases. So please be patient if you are waiting for a new version.

What is ADB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back