Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Sep 11, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #1,171 of 2,020
I'm still having problems with the transport buttons (mainly skip forward) occasionally not working on first press. Sometimes I have to press it 4-5 times for it to work. Haven't used mango in a long time, but I remember not having these problems with it.

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #1,173 of 2,020
Me not. But you will have to take the DX50 apart and then open the front to get to the buttons, then you will have to replace the SMD tactile switch. I think that nobody did this till now, at least there are no pictures of the button pcb.
If you are not experienced with taking devices apart and ordering and soldering SMD parts I recommend you to try live with it or find someone who can do it for you. If you open it, please take pictures and post them on the main DX50 thread.
Good Luck!

Edit: or before replacing the switch you can try to spray contact cleaner on the switch. 

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,174 of 2,020
Nevermind just checked on mango and it's also happening there. So it seems like a hardware fault. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I had this before on my first unit, it's a custom board that connects via a ribbon cable. You may be able to solve the problem with a piece of card between the button and switch.
  Me not. But you will have to take the DX50 apart and then open the front to get to the buttons, then you will have to replace the SMD tactile switch. I think that nobody did this till now, at least there are no pictures of the button pcb.
If you are not experienced with taking devices apart and ordering and soldering SMD parts I recommend you to try live with it or find someone who can do it for you. If you open it, please take pictures and post them on the main DX50 thread.
Good Luck!

Edit: or before replacing the switch you can try to spray contact cleaner on the switch. 

No smd switches, just those sealed units with a silver dome on a custom pcb. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,176 of 2,020
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I need help. 
I think I made a mess with my DX50 and I'll try to explain: 
I installed the 1.2.8 fw (the DX90) with cwm annex 6.1. and something 
  (now I do not remember exactly what it was cwm) 
Today I got the idea to put fw 1.5.0 and here lies the problem, 
First I installed the dual boot with cwm_rb_dual_2014-07-30_cholero 
but works only rockbox while the mango is not working. 
discouraged because by rockbox can not install the update.img DX50V128_mod_by_DOC2008 I tried to install the stock recovery and now I can not do anything.
I would at least try to return everything in stock HELP .... I hope that some kind soul can give me a hand ... I'd be very grateful 
sorry for the english but I'm Italian and I used google translated if you do not understand something ask ... 
thanks

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #1,177 of 2,020
did I understand right: you have still CWM working?
If yes, if you want to go from 1.2.8 to 1.5.0 you have to flash the stock recovery in CWM, the do the update to 1.5.0 (with 1.5.0 i mean the patched version with cwm). After that you can install one of the newer rockbox build over CWM.
Current builds would also work with 1.2.8 i guess, but with cwm we cant move files, so we have to include the Mango-Player binary file in the build. zip.and on all actual builds there is the MangoPlayer of FW 1.5.0 included.

edit: If CWM does not work anymore you will have to use RKbatchtoo (linked on the first post)

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,178 of 2,020
thanks for the quick reply. 
Now I have stock recovery and I tried to install RKbatchtool (1.7W / 3.5driver) and I also installed the driver but when I connect to the DX50 computer does not recognize it and the icon 1 do not turns green. use windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #1,180 of 2,020
Yeaaa .. Ho provato a usare un altro computer e installare RKbatchtool (1.7W / 3.5driver) e finalmente visto il dispositivo e sono stato in grado di installare dx50_1.5.0_cwm !!! è andato tutto bene ..... Sono così felice ora ho fw 1.5.0 con CWM 

grazie grazie grazie per l'aiuto e l'assistenza che mi avete dato sono molto grato ..... grazie ancora

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #1,181 of 2,020
Yeaaa .. I tried to use another computer and install RKbatchtool (1.7W / 3.5driver) and finally saw the device and I was able to install dx50_1.5.0_cwm !!! everything went well ..... I'm so happy now I fw 1.5.0 with cwm 

thank you thank you thank you for the help and assistance that you have given me I am very grateful ..... thanks again

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,182 of 2,020
For everyone who is interested: here you can see the status of the integration of the DX50&90 port into the official repository:
http://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/941/

Nice. Good job. Thanks.
Just a detail: I thought the guy who "added a CWM to the official firmware" was DOC2008. Who the heck is "DOC2009"? (His spiritual son? :D )

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,185 of 2,020
For everyone who is interested: here you can see the status of the integration of the DX50&90 port into the official repository:
http://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/941/

Noticing too that the boot selector code isn't part of the gerrit.
The original one of Ilya located here
https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/dx50sw/src
which is already adapte by you.

I would guess it might go somewhere into
rbutil/ibassopatcher
similar to the rbutil/ipodpatcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back