Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Sep 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,157 of 2,020
Had a conversation with people of Westone this afternoon and they were quite certain that the click was not the cause. I just have bad luck with a low frequency driver giving up on me.

Yaay... time to buy some new iems  :-s

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,158 of 2,020
  Had a conversation with people of Westone this afternoon and they were quite certain that the click was not the cause. I just have bad luck with a low frequency driver giving up on me.

Yaay... time to buy some new iems  :-s

Haha yes... if you look at it positively, it's time to get new, BETTER iems :)

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,159 of 2,020
  Haha yes... if you look at it positively, it's time to get new, BETTER iems :)

LOL... that's the only and best way to look at it.

and now i'm spilled with choice. Westone gave me a discount of 15% on any new iems from them... very tempting since i had no further problems with the sound of the um2. On the other hand the Westone UM2 are the only serious iems i ever owned. But one thing is sure: whatever iems i buy they can not be over 300 euros.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #1,160 of 2,020
  While using the latest rockbox 08-27,

i cant get the new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted) to work.

when i power up while the lock is on, it still go directly to rockbox, no boot selector.

Iam dual booting 1.5.0 + latest rockbox with cholero mods

Am i doing something wrong ?

will resetting from mango help ?

Same here... but now I know why: I am using an amp with my DX50 and each time you plug anything in the LO (even a simple LOD with nothing at the other end), it short-circuits the dual-boot with cholero's RB.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #1,161 of 2,020

Same here... but now I know why: I am using an amp with my DX50 and each time you plug anything in the LO (even a simple LOD with nothing at the other end), it short-circuits the dual-boot whith cholero's RB.

Weew, brilliant your discovery, i never thought about it.

So its either you remove the LO when you need to access a different OS.

or  use the latest rock box by cholero and replace the mango player file in the zip, with the mango player file from the old version of 7-30.

now i get the latest functions by cholero, but i also get the boot choice every time.

and the first solution seems better to me.

Thanks bro

Sep 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #1,163 of 2,020
That's good news, cholero!
Can't wait for this new build... Thanks.

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #1,164 of 2,020
Here is the promised update of the boot selector as hotfix. Just flash it over the existing rockbox build in CWM (any rockbox version).

Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/j0rqb9

Changings:
  1. bug removed: Dualboot Selector was not shown when a cable was plugged to line out

Thanks a lot to @DarkZenith and @kingdixon for the bug report! This kind of reporting is essential to make the port better.

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #1,165 of 2,020
  Here is the promised update of the boot selector as hotfix. Just flash it over the existing rockbox build in CWM (any rockbox version).

Download:

Changings:
  1. bug removed: Dualboot Selector was not shown when a cable was plugged to line out

Thanks a lot to @DarkZenith and @kingdixon for the bug report! This kind of reporting is essential to make the port better.

Works like a charm! Now the dual-boot always shows when hold button is on, even when a LOD is plugged in the LO socket.
Thanks a ton for your responsiveness and dedication, cholero!

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #1,166 of 2,020

Download:

Changings:
  • bug removed: Dualboot Selector was not shown when a cable was plugged to line out

Thanks a lot to @DarkZenith
 and @kingdixon
 for the bug report! This kind of reporting is essential to make the port better.

will flash it later mate..thanks for the update

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #1,167 of 2,020

Download:

Changings:

Thanks for the hard work !!

Working as it should be now :D

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,168 of 2,020

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,170 of 2,020
Hi everyone. I would like to make a list with open bugs of the DX50/DX90 port. Please copy the list and add a new line if you now something more.
Thanks

1. mayor: Timers are slowed down when playback is active
  2. mayor: There is a fatal error (stock overflow) when "gather runtime data" is activated and playback is started
  3. *not rockbox related* LCD shows the last line on the right twice
  4. minor: backlight fading can cause flickering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back