Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Aug 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,126 of 2,020
currently using the latest build..everything seems to be working properly..the only thing that ive noticed is when you press the power button when youre in WPS, it takes around 5seconds before the screen turns off..not really an a major issue..the lock button does turns on/off the screen but never really use it lol..

kudos cholero for the build

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #1,128 of 2,020
sure no worries..just send it to you mate

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #1,129 of 2,020
@Brendanus and everyone who prefers the rockbox stock UI button/backlight style
here is the promised build for you:

download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ufjmzv

It is the same as my 08-27 build but with the original rockbox button/backlight behaviour (like on iPods, sansas, D2, irivers..). There is no bug, that is the original way you never could try on the DX50 because xzcc did some modifications from the first day (i liked them and they brought me to do "smartphone ui style" mod).

enjoy

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #1,130 of 2,020
  @Brendanus and everyone who prefers the rockbox stock UI button/backlight style
here is the promised build for you:

download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ufjmzv

It is the same as my 08-27 build but with the original rockbox button/backlight behaviour (like on iPods, sansas, D2, irivers..). There is no bug, that is the original way you never could try on the DX50 because xzcc did some modifications from the first day (i liked them and they brought me to do "smartphone ui style" mod).

enjoy

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately the "Jump to WPS from main menu with the power button" is gone as well, which I really liked :frowning2:

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,132 of 2,020
Now it is time to make use of the "first keypress" setting :wink:

Sure, but what I meant is
  1. When power is pressed in main Menu -> goto WPS/resume playback;

I know that this is not the standard rockbox behavior, it's belonging to your "Smartphone UI Style", but it is really useful.

Edit: Oops didn't read you first sentence.
Anyhow, I guess I can live with the "long press play button" in your "Smartphone UI Style" to go back to the main menu.
I wonder what the rockbox devs would recommend for the different key styles.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #1,134 of 2,020
Did someone else try the 08-27 build  from Post 1119 ?
Did you have immediate screen-off in WPS when pressing power button?

Did anyone try out the plugins (there are many games 
biggrin.gif
)?

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,135 of 2,020
  Did someone else try the 08-27 build  from Post 1119 ?
Did you have immediate screen-off in WPS when pressing power button?

Did anyone try out the plugins (there are many games 
biggrin.gif
)?

I'm using 08-27 build for 1.5 days
It seems that you need to set "Backlight Fade Out" to "No" for immiediate screen-off
("Settings"->"General Settings"->"Display"->"LCD Settings"->"Backlight Fade Out")
If this one set to "Yes", it takes about 5 seconds to screen-off

I haven't tried those plugins yet.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,136 of 2,020
I'm using 08-27 build for 1.5 days
It seems that you need to set "Backlight Fade Out" to "No" for immiediate screen-off
("Settings"->"General Settings"->"Display"->"LCD Settings"->"Backlight Fade Out")
If this one set to "Yes", it takes about 5 seconds to screen-off

I haven't tried those plugins yet.

yup..just changed this setting awhile ago and it seems to be working now..thanks for the tip mate
same here..plugins is one of RBs feature that im not using lol

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,138 of 2,020
im not just to be honest lol..i usually the change the backlight delay but not the other stuff

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,139 of 2,020
Thanks a lot cholero for the great work done!
Power button for light on/off works perfect and also the games are a kind of funny (just started some of them to check whether it works).
Already since December I'm reading the  "iBasso DX50 Thread" and also the "Rockbox for iBasso DX50". I was always struggling to find the right combination of IEM & DX50 + FW + Theme.
Finally I found the perfect combination (at least for me):
   - DX50
   - Sennheiser IE800
   - cwm_rb_dual_2014-08-27_classic_cholero
   - naranjada (by cholero)

Maybe I will try arc-en-ciel  (by cholero) next.

Without Rockbox the Sennheiser will never show the full potential.
Okay I'm a little basshead. On Mango the bass is clearly missing not matter which FW is used. With Rockbox the IE800 just sings and the deep and middle bass is a dream without cannibalizing the mid-range and the treble. I've fiddled a lot with several different IEM (not so expensive but also not so outperforming). Rockbox + Astrotec AX60 was also very good. Fast & dry bass good balanced mid-range but treble are sometimes harsh and sibilant.
FLAC sounds perfect with the IE800 but also well encoded mp3 can satisfy my ears
beyersmile.png

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,140 of 2,020
Great to hear that you have the perfect setup, also the fact that it was Rockbox on DX50 that made you finally join head-fi. Welcome!
I always thought that OF has more bass than rockbox, but I never use OF (only for switching USB functionality adb - mass storage). But rockbox has great DSP options to tweak the sound (eq, crossfade...), are you applying bass amplification to get your basshead sound?
And one more thing I'm interested in: how strong is the "click sound" with your iem's when you start playback immediately after startup? Doesn't it just blast your eardrums? I don't know because I'm one of those "the bigger the better" headphone users :wink: and don't own any iems.

And I can't mention it too many times: credits for the rockbox port go to xzcc and for naranjada to Humberto Santana and immolate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back