Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 17, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #991 of 2,020
dual boot, awesome

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #992 of 2,020
Cholero, I love the theme you've made, especially the information page for the currently playing song. The one thing I wish it had is timer on the bare bones screen. Any change you could add that to future builds? If there are any...

Hello Saaki,
Your modded wps file is downloadable from the rockbox forum (the name of the mod might sound familiar to you :wink::
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,48336.msg228647.html#msg228647
Please tell me if it is the way you imagined it.
Edit: I just saw that you're selling your player. Good luck on the search for the perfect dap.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #993 of 2,020
I managed to compile from rockbox DX50's source and install it on my DX90 via adb. I just ran into an issue right now. The volume control does not work or not responding.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #995 of 2,020

Just spent a good 3 hours trying to remove ~4 malware programs after trusting what came from that link.

Don't screwing click that

EDIT: Ok so I got rockbox on here and don't care for it. How do I remove it? 

nevermind

Jul 20, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #997 of 2,020
Sorry I didn't understand completely what the fix should be. Your first attempt to update was using rkbatchtool?

What surprises me is that you say that it is the version of CWM. But no matter how you update (rkbatchtool or stock recovery) the CWM is included in the modded firmware file and should be overwritten during update procedure. Or did you really check the build version? My CWM version for example is 6.0.3.1 and I upgraded via stock recovery.
I'm just curious, I don't use mango at all but i'm quite sure that I will stumble over this problem again when I will be posting new nodded rockbox builds in the future.
Thanks

When i originally installed the cwm firmware i used the built in upgrade option from the players settings, ive never used rkbatchtool. 
As for cwm versions,  i havent a clue.  The problem with mango becoming a muddled unuseable mess for me was due to me installing the latest rockbox zip whilst still using the original release of cwm. 

I installed the current version linked and mango became usable again.  User error seems to have been my problem. 

Jul 20, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #998 of 2,020
Dont click on the wrong buttons you mean. Otherwise sendspace is great!
And cool that you tried rockbox instead of just saying that it is bad.
nevermind

Oh rockbox itself is GREAT on players that have had time to get the kinks worked out, it was a dream on my old ipod 6g until beer decided to gut up close and personal with the mobo

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #999 of 2,020

Oh rockbox itself is GREAT on players that have had time to get the kinks worked out, it was a dream on my old ipod 6g until beer decided to gut up close and personal with the mobo

Actually Rockbox is fantastic on the DX50. There is a learning curve and I can understand that after your malware experience, you did not have the patience to figure it out.

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,001 of 2,020

Actually Rockbox is fantastic on the DX50. There is a learning curve and I can understand that after your malware experience, you did not have the patience to figure it out.

Oh yeah that definitely played a part. But I wasn't fond of how the searching via files worked, and I could get the screen to come back on after playing for a while.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,003 of 2,020
Sorry to ask a potentially naive question, but I've had an assortment of computer crashes and travel obligations and haven't been able to keep up properly. 

I have OF 1.28 and rockbox on my DX50. Are there instructions in this thread somewhere that do a step by step process to upgrade to FW 1.5 and RB? And if so, where? 

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,004 of 2,020
Download all needed files linked on bitbucket (1- FW1.5.0 with CWM, 2- newest rockbox for CWM, 3- stock recovery for CWM) and put them to your external uSD, The firmware with CWM needs to be extracted to the root of the uSD.
Then go to CWM and flash stock recovery. Then boot to stock recovery and do the update. Then reboot to CWM and flash rockbox.

You shouldn't loose settings.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,005 of 2,020
Quick question: does battery meter work as it should on latest cholero's build? My DX50 died on me in the middle of a trip and it shouldn't have based on the remaining battery. I wa wondering if that's a known issue or if it's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back