Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #976 of 2,020
Ok, finally have RB working, found all of the files in the directories.  Ready to go.  Now, on to the playlist challenge.  I'v been attempting to save current playlists but I'm not sure how to name them.  They do not show up in the playlist catalog.  How do I have them show up?  

Also, would it be a good idea to try a different theme?  Any ideas as to what would be a good one?  

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #978 of 2,020
Cholero, quick thing about your arc-en-ciel theme. Sometimes I'm noticing some kind of graphical artifact along the right side of the screen. It looks as if the farthest right vertical line of pixels isn't always showing up/rendering properly. It doesn't happen all the time and after a while it corrects itself. Kind of annoying while its there. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #981 of 2,020
Cholero, quick thing about your arc-en-ciel theme. Sometimes I'm noticing some kind of graphical artifact along the right side of the screen. It looks as if the farthest right vertical line of pixels isn't always showing up/rendering properly. It doesn't happen all the time and after a while it corrects itself. Kind of annoying while its there. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

I know, this is a general bug of the port but very noticeable with arc-en-ciel theme. After screen-on the 1 pixel column on the right is drawn but never more until the next screen-on.
I wanted to mention the bug in the bug tracker but didn't do it yet. I will do it. I won't be able to fix this, but maybe xzcc can.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #982 of 2,020
I think I may have it already.  I tried this all before, became a muddled mess for me and I ran back to the normal UI.  I'm ready to dive back into RB but I wanted to make sure I did it all right this time so that I'm able to maximize all of its features and benefits.   I think I must have it because when I am in the "blue screen" mode I'm able to swipe up and down the menu selections.  I must have installed it in the past somehow....?  *shrugs*  

I'm going to first assume I did and try the RB installation next.  If this does not work I'm not sure where to go next.  I think I already did all of these steps.  I'm on a long road of discovery.  I still need to figure out how to "flash" system apps.  I don't even know where to begin with that part.  

i am in the same boat, rockbox looks normal but ibasso is unusable with fussy overlayed layout. not sure what i did wrong to... any way to use rockbox as usb dac?

eerm, you have fixed it!?

how?! :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #986 of 2,020
im seeing this line after a database scan or after using the dap for a long time..restarting the dap fixes it

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #987 of 2,020
im seeing this line after a database scan or after using the dap for a long time..restarting the dap fixes it

The additional line is not present after boot (the line is black). But as soon as the screen goes off and you turn it on again, there is the last line on the right repeated and this repeated line remains unchanged even if screen content changes (until next screen off/on). You can see it when you open fft plugin and are using bright theme.
On some (dark) themes it is almost invisible (naranjada for example)

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #988 of 2,020
i am in the same boat, rockbox looks normal but ibasso is unusable with fussy overlayed layout. not sure what i did wrong to... any way to use rockbox as usb dac?

eerm, you have fixed it!?

how?!
smily_headphones1.gif

I had the same problem, to fix it you need to upgrade to the latest cwm recovery before updating rockbox.
I uninstalled the old cwm using the stock recovery zip, the reinstalled the latest version. Since then I've had no issues with 1.5.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #989 of 2,020
I had the same problem, to fix it you need to upgrade to the latest cwm recovery before updating rockbox.
I uninstalled the old cwm using the stock recovery zip, the reinstalled the latest version. Since then I've had no issues with 1.5.

Sorry I didn't understand completely what the fix should be. Your first attempt to update was using rkbatchtool?

What surprises me is that you say that it is the version of CWM. But no matter how you update (rkbatchtool or stock recovery) the CWM is included in the modded firmware file and should be overwritten during update procedure. Or did you really check the build version? My CWM version for example is 6.0.3.1 and I upgraded via stock recovery.
I'm just curious, I don't use mango at all but i'm quite sure that I will stumble over this problem again when I will be posting new nodded rockbox builds in the future.
Thanks

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #990 of 2,020
The additional line is not present after boot (the line is black). But as soon as the screen goes off and you turn it on again, there is the last line on the right repeated and this repeated line remains unchanged even if screen content changes (until next screen off/on). You can see it when you open fft plugin and are using bright theme.
On some (dark) themes it is almost invisible (naranjada for example)

well as long as it sounds great, got no worries mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back