Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #946 of 2,020
hi guys,

maybe I missed the info while going through the posts, but what exactly do I have to do now to update to 1.50...
I have 1.28 and Rockbox installed, can I somehow just update mango?

I read rb is working properly with 1.50 if I manage to update, but mango does not?

THX

Still couldn't figure it out...I would really like to use the usb dac function , but I dont want to go through any deinstallations of rb if I wont be able to use the usb dac afterwards ^_^ lazy I know.

sooo anyone?
Cheerz

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #947 of 2,020
Still couldn't figure it out...I would really like to use the usb dac function , but I dont want to go through any deinstallations of rb if I wont be able to use the usb dac afterwards ^_^ lazy I know.

sooo anyone?
Cheerz

It used the RKBatchtool. This should be the short steps I did.

1. Download the RKbatchtool http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7.rar

2. download the latest 1.5 FW with CWM recovery and the latest Rockbox.zip file. (You can get that from the first page of this thread.)

3. Use the RKbatcktool to flash the update.img file from the 1.5.0 FW with CWM recovery.

4. Boot the normal iBasso FW and copy the rockbox.zip file to DX90 internal storage.

5. Boot into CWM recovery mode and install the rockbox.zip file.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #948 of 2,020
About Mango I don't know but if you want to upgrade I would do it like that:
Download all needed files linked on bitbucket (1- FW1.5.0 with CWM, 2- newest rockbox for CWM, 3- stock recovery for CWM) and put them to your external uSD, The firmware with CWM named as update.IMG on the root of the uSD.
Then go to CWM and flash stock recovery. Then boot to stock recovery and do the update. Then reboot to CWM and flash rockbox.

You shouldn't loose settings.

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #949 of 2,020
Do any of you Mac users have a favorite utility that you use to put music onto your DX50? I've been doing the simple drag and drop, but if there is a better way I would like to find it. I used to use windows and used mediamonkey, which can sync to pretty much anything. I really wish there was an OSX version. Coming back to iTunes was pretty painful. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #950 of 2,020
Isn't there wine (windows emulator) for Mac OS? If yes you could use your mediamonkey with wine.
I only use foobar2000 on Linux with wine for all conversions, file moving (/renaming), replaygain scanning, DR scanning and Tag editing/cleanup. Wine 1.7 works great, it feels like foobar2000 with Windows XP. Just wine/pulseaudio/M-Audio-soundcard don't work very well together.

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #951 of 2,020
  Do any of you Mac users have a favorite utility that you use to put music onto your DX50? I've been doing the simple drag and drop, but if there is a better way I would like to find it. I used to use windows and used mediamonkey, which can sync to pretty much anything. I really wish there was an OSX version. Coming back to iTunes was pretty painful. 

What is wrong with drag and drop, could be anything more simple than that?

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #952 of 2,020
  What is wrong with drag and drop, could be anything more simple than that?

Apparently, there is something much simpler than drag and drop. That is an automatic sync. As soon as you plug DX90 on your Mac, any updates on your music library gets transfrerred/updated on your DAP like DX90.Exactly how iPods works with iTunes.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #953 of 2,020

Apparently, there is something much simpler than drag and drop. That is an automatic sync. As soon as you plug DX90 on your Mac, any updates on your music library gets transfrerred/updated on your DAP like DX90.Exactly how iPods works with iTunes.

Yes, that is simplier indeed, i am sory, i am programmer and i am probably thinking different way. Even in my iPod and iTunes era i have not used auto sync feature.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #955 of 2,020
I'm thinking the best way will be to make a folder on my HD that I use freefilesync or something to sync to the DX50. I would love to just since my entire music folder, but I have 100Gb of music and only a 64Gb sd, so that's a no go.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #956 of 2,020
I have a similar problem but with a 64gb collection of music and only a 32gb DAP (the Cowon i9+ which I adore). If you have the DX50 then really just start saving for a 128gb card. But in the meantime this is what I do to make the most of a DAP situation with not enough memory space;

1) Using winamp or some other music software, try and rate songs in yer current music collection. You wouldn't need to rate every song, just pick an album and give the tracks you like 4 or 5 stars etc

2) That will take some time, but now you will have some songs with 4-5 star ratings. Using Winamp or some other music software, create a massive playlist whereby only the 4-5 star rated tracks are included. This shouldn't be too hard, a good music software like winamp should allow you to sort yer music based on rating, right click>add to playlist, or highlight all drag n' drop etc.

3) save the playlist.

4) No dl and install the program AmoK Playlist Copy. Add the playlist you have saved to the program and what it will do will generate the files that are in that playlist to another new location (thereby duplicating the 4-5 star rated songs to a new location of yer choice).

5) now connect yer DX50 and copy the new 'best of' collection to yer DAP. It won't be as extensive as yer main collection but at least u'll find yerself hitting the 'skip' button less frequently.

---------------

6) as u dl and buy new albums, rate the songs, add the tracks you like to the best of collection and the entire album to yer main collection, then use some kinda sync software to sync yer best of (with its new material) to yer DX50 (when it's connected to pc). You get the idea.

That's what I do. It's quite an interesting process. Of the 64gb collection I have, my 'best of' comes to only 20gb. Heaps of space still left on my 32gb DAP. Sometimes I add 3 star rated tracks as well etc.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #958 of 2,020
The older I get the more picky I am with music. It's rare these days that an album along and I like 80% or more of the tracks on it (having said that 2013 was a good year for music, BoC, QOTSA etc). But more often than not I find myself adding just 20% of a new album find, it's so depressing lol. Just when I think I found some new artist that I really like, I discover it's a one off good track and the rest is mediocre.

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #959 of 2,020
do I first place the update file into the ibasso, or do I place it in the same time as the RB zip file?  It already has an "update" file in my ibasso already so i'm not sure if this would be needed or not.  im also not sure how to reboot into recovery, and how would I install during that process?  the steps arent making much sense to me.  I'm hoping I do this correctly follow the exact instructions.  Last time I installed this the rb fw was a mess.  I couldnt even make a playlist and was virtually unusable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back