Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jun 2, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #796 of 2,020
Looks like my DX50's been acting strangely lately. When I'm walking around with the DX50 (hooked to my C5) in my pocket I sometimes (quite rare though) hear a "click"-like sound in either the right or left channel, after which channel imbalance occurs and the respective channel soon cuts off. As of now I suspect rockbox may be the problem, since I tried adjusting my cables as well as switching off and on the C5 and the problem went away after 1) Restarting the DX50. 2) The song currently playing has ended. I suspect it might be a static-related issue.

I encounter that problem with my stack of DX50 and UHA-6S. It turns out it's the cable. Sometimes it's difficult to notice but it can easily slide out thus, you hear a channel imbalance. Best way to isolate it is by using DX50 from HO.

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #797 of 2,020
Looks like my DX50's been acting strangely lately. When I'm walking around with the DX50 (hooked to my C5) in my pocket I sometimes (quite rare though) hear a "click"-like sound in either the right or left channel, after which channel imbalance occurs and the respective channel soon cuts off. As of now I suspect rockbox may be the problem, since I tried adjusting my cables as well as switching off and on the C5 and the problem went away after 1) Restarting the DX50. 2) The song currently playing has ended. I suspect it might be a static-related issue.

I encounter that problem with my stack of DX50 and UHA-6S. It turns out it's the cable. Sometimes it's difficult to notice but it can easily slide out thus, you hear a channel imbalance. Best way to isolate it is by using DX50 from HO.

I'm quite sure it isn't due to my cables since I did try adjusting them. Gonna try stock 1.2.8 and see if it happens too.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #798 of 2,020
just getting the hang of rockbox with 846 kicking ass and blowin bubles kudos thanks!
wondering if there are any downloadable eq presets anyone would like to share? i lazy lol
also i been using all day and it says i only use 6 % battery What ?

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #799 of 2,020
I'm working on a new theme. I will have it finished soon. The special thing about it will be an additional  "info screen" that shows the information missing in the minimalistic main screen. The bottom is a button bar with a visual feedback when a button is pressed.

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #800 of 2,020
  I'm working on a new theme. I will have it finished soon. The special thing about it will be an additional  "info screen" that shows the information missing in the minimalistic main screen. The bottom is a button bar with a visual feedback when a button is pressed.

dude your skins kick ass thank u so much

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #801 of 2,020
  just getting the hang of rockbox with 846 kicking ass and blowin bubles kudos thanks!
wondering if there are any downloadable eq presets anyone would like to share? i lazy lol
also i been using all day and it says i only use 6 % battery What ?

It's a thing with rockbox, it does not report battery life properly. It is close to -1%(shown) = -10%(real). The lowest battery life I have seen before it shut off was 88% I think, so there is a rough 1-10 correlation.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #802 of 2,020
@xzcc has marked the issue with the inaccurate battery level as "wontfix" on bitbucket. For all targets that I've looked at there is as pwrmngmt.c file containing a charging and a discharging curve, dangerous voltage and shutdown voltage. There is also a correction factor for the real measurement (which is usually linearly lower).
I have to take a closer look at the build mechanism to see where the DX50 charging curve comes from. I think this should be fixable.
What a pitty that it is no official build (yet)

Jun 4, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #804 of 2,020

It's a thing with rockbox, it does not report battery life properly. It is close to -1%(shown) = -10%(real). The lowest battery life I have seen before it shut off was 88% I think, so there is a rough 1-10 correlation.

bugger :/ is it a good idea then to not let it drain all the way?

No problem if it is absolutely empty. It will still charge.

I took a quick look at rockbox android code. It looks like iBasso mal configured the kernel. Unfortunately the text viewer plugin is not activated so I could not look at the other files that the system outputs. There is a battery voltage file. If this file works we would have to adapt the build config and make a dx 50 specific battery management with discharging curve. Otherwise an ugly way could be chosen to give a corrected percentage back in the existing pwrmgmnt.c like (percentage -90) *10.

I will have to contact the developer to see what his plans for the future are. For me it would be too much work to make the Port official because I'm not into the project and Android compiling and not having a lot of time. But if he doesn't, maybe I will have to because it bothers me a lot because I love the whole rockbox project.

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #805 of 2,020
No problem if it is absolutely empty. It will still charge.

I took a quick look at rockbox android code. It looks like iBasso mal configured the kernel. Unfortunately the text viewer plugin is not activated so I could not look at the other files that the system outputs. There is a battery voltage file. If this file works we would have to adapt the build config and make a dx 50 specific battery management with discharging curve. Otherwise an ugly way could be chosen to give a corrected percentage back in the existing pwrmgmnt.c like (percentage -90) *10.

I will have to contact the developer to see what his plans for the future are. For me it would be too much work to make the Port official because I'm not into the project and Android compiling and not having a lot of time. But if he doesn't, maybe I will have to because it bothers me a lot because I love the whole rockbox project.

rather you than me budddy im sweatin just reading that, its pretty amazing stuff , i have not seen my dx50 with the bak light off for hours now, so much for the old , wat did we hav to play with ? much other than an eq or wat ever that was and a screen dimmer . kinda ******** really

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #806 of 2,020
Coming from a Cowon Iaudio X5L (with RB) using Westone UM2 i recently switched to the DX50. Although the X5L was/is good, i absolutely don't regret buying the DX50. A huge step forward. After having the DX50 just for one day i already rockboxed it.
I just love it and having no issues with TB on the DX50.... almost...

When i turn the DX50 on most of the times i see a faint glow of the screen, but nog real startup. I then have to push and hold the on/off button for about 8 seconds, I hear some clicking and after that the unit comes to live. This happens almost everytime when the DX50 isn't used for several hours. When i turn the unit of and right on again, then there's no problem. On mango no problem either, even after several hours.

What could this be?

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #810 of 2,020
I think you misunderstood me: in my initial writings i explained the situation from a turned off device. When i want to turn it on, i push the on-button and then see no startup logo. Instead i see a faint glow of the whole screen, nothing more. Then i have to do a cold boot to get the device turn on properly. When the device is not used for several hours, this is the way for me to turn on the device. Within an hour after use (and turned off),  turning on the device again by pusing the on-button for approx. 2 seconds (as normally should be done) boots the device without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back