Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
May 10, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #721 of 2,020
I am using the March 25 rockbox and even if I turn on the turn switch, the playback and volume buttons seem to continue working. Is there a way to make them stop accepting input while the lock switch is on?

The WPS shows that the lock swatch is on (goes from and unlocked icon to locked), so not sure what is happening. Help!

May 10, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #722 of 2,020
  I am using the March 25 rockbox and even if I turn on the turn switch, the playback and volume buttons seem to continue working. Is there a way to make them stop accepting input while the lock switch is on?

The WPS shows that the lock swatch is on (goes from and unlocked icon to locked), so not sure what is happening. Help!

No, it was programmed that way. The lock switch locks the screen only.

May 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #723 of 2,020
How do you randomly play songs? This was working great for awhile, I would always just push resume and it would but my DX50 froze (which I was hoping the RB would fix) and not I do not recall how to just play some dam songs. My POS DX50 is definitely going back if RB can't fix it either. I do want to slam ibasso but there quality sucks, for me anyways the only reason it has not been thrown across the room is because of the sweet music it pays when it works. Feels good to vent.

May 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #724 of 2,020
Hi Guys,
I would like to share some experience with my DX50. I'm very happy with this player. It sounds great. The official firmware also boots once in a while and the touchscreen reacts :wink:
As a rockbox lover and longtime user (iriver H120 since 2005, clipplus, fuze, D2, X5) I had to try Rockbox on it. And my first impression was: it cannot be used with this player because this touchscreen is much to sensitive and the rockbox touchscreen handling is not the greatest. So I tried to use the 3x3 grid mode and i was able to control the player. But it is not a very intuitive way of using it (at least no one will steel the player :wink: ). And then I stumbled over a theme called rayboradio_OB. With this theme I was able to use the standard touchscreen mode. And it looks great also. Now i didn't find the theme to be highly optimized for touchscreens so I decided to modify it myself.
Please feel free to try it out (Zip File). All credits go to Humberto Santana for the theme and to Immolate for the graphics.

Download: http://freakshare.com/files/g46urqs2/rayboradio_OB_mod_7.3c1.zip.html
or: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5tbv2f

The changes I did (the things I remember):
- Renamed the theme to _mod
- gave it the Version v7.3c1
- made almost all touchscreen areas bigger (this was problably the most important step)
- added a "resume" button on the Menu screen (how I missed it before...)
- added a quickmenu and a context menu button on top left and right
- removed all crossfade information and switch (is not important enough imho)
- replaced the cheap volume knob with a more durable one :wink:
- removed the clock (DX50 doesn't have one)
- replaced text like "unknown artist" with translatable tags
- replaced the logo on the main screen with the rockbox logo (sorry Humberto)

info: the volume slide control is intentional removed. In my opinion it was not usable with this touchscreen.

Here are some explanations about touchscreen areas:

Keep on rockboxing!
cholero

May 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #725 of 2,020
If you can't get the RKbatchtool download and work than it sounds like you have some serious issues. Ibasso sent that to me because of all the issues î was having, it is intended to start you from ground zero. Are you sure it was done right? This is suppose to be a fix all.

It was done right with no effect then.

But... now my DX50 works. It's odd and funny. I left it for about two days, few moments earlier I gave it to my girlfriend joking, asking her to fix it. She turned it on, and it works :D Have no idea how it's possible.

1.2.8 soft was slow and often freezing, but factory reset helped. I reinstalled it - recovery was original thanks to rkbatchtool. Everything looks fine.

I like RB SQ very much, I think it is much better than on 1.2.8, but now I have serious doubts about RB. I know that it could be everything, even microSD card or some problem with song. Maybe it was CWM recovery. Don't know.

Thanks you all for help,
Have a nice day.

Edit: To soon... The same occured on official firmware :frowning2:

And system is back again. Done flashing via rkbatchtool. Could it be some problems with microSD card? Now I'm checking without it.

May 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #726 of 2,020

Keep on rockboxing!
cholero

Just Installed this modded theme and I must say I prefer it over cabbie.
beerchug.gif

May 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #727 of 2,020
Hi Guys,
I would like to share some experience with my DX50. I'm very happy with this player. It sounds great. The official firmware also boots once in a while and the touchscreen reacts :wink:
As a rockbox lover and longtime user (iriver H120 since 2005, clipplus, fuze, D2, X5) I had to try Rockbox on it. And my first impression was: it cannot be used with this player because this touchscreen is much to sensitive and the rockbox touchscreen handling is not the greatest. So I tried to use the 3x3 grid mode and i was able to control the player. But it is not a very intuitive way of using it (at least no one will steel the player :wink: ). And then I stumbled over a theme called rayboradio_OB. With this theme I was able to use the standard touchscreen mode. And it looks great also. Now i didn't find the theme to be highly optimized for touchscreens so I decided to modify it myself.
Please feel free to try it out (Zip File). All credits go to Humberto Santana for the theme and to Immolate for the graphics.

- made almost all touchscreen areas bigger (this was problably the most important step)

info: the volume slide control is intentional removed. In my opinion it was not usable with this touchscreen.

Keep on rockboxing!
cholero

my new favorite theme..thanks mate

May 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #728 of 2,020
Sorry if this has been covered, but I need to wipe rockbox and reinstall the factory firmware.

I have the Firmware Pack on page 1 with stock_recovery.zip in it.
-Inside is flash_image, misc-boot-recovery.img, recovery.img, and the folder META-INF.

Can someone tell me how to go back to the stock firmware. I mean, do I need to put the meta-inf folder and the recovery.img on the dx50 then do a normal update?

(note - I am wiping the player for my buddy who is sending it back to iBasso because of hardware issues with the player. We want to reload 100% factory firmware so they cant blame the issues on anything we've done.)

Thanks

May 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #729 of 2,020
Sorry if this has been covered, but I need to wipe rockbox and reinstall the factory firmware.

I have the Firmware Pack on page 1 with stock_recovery.zip in it.
-Inside is flash_image, misc-boot-recovery.img, recovery.img, and the folder META-INF.

Can someone tell me how to go back to the stock firmware. I mean, do I need to put the meta-inf folder and the recovery.img on the dx50 then do a normal update?

(note - I am wiping the player for my buddy who is sending it back to iBasso because of hardware issues with the player. We want to reload 100% factory firmware so they cant blame the issues on anything we've done.)

Thanks

You can try rkbatchtool which was linked by howdy few posts up: http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

Manual is in the package - you can reinstall this way both firmware and recovery at once just by using 1.2.8 FW's image.

May 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #730 of 2,020
  Hi Guys,

Keep on rockboxing!
cholero

Excellent work!  I'll have to check this out 
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #731 of 2,020
i can edit playlist using this theme..sweet

May 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #732 of 2,020
There's a file in the package you originally downloaded to revert back to stock.  I did it using a micro card, it was easy.  Once you've done that, you just put the 1.2.8 update file in the root of the player and follow instructions to update instructions.  Took me about 20 minutes, what with boot ups.  

May 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #733 of 2,020
Hi,
I've just Rockboxed my DX50 and was wondering if anyone has run into the problem I'm having...

I've sync'd my external_SD card with playlists from Mediamonkey. They came over as M3U files under the Playlists folder. And the music came over into the Music folder.

I've initialised the database, have it gathering runtime info and all that other stuff, but I can't seem to get the playlists into the playlist catalogue, nor am I able to play the playlist when I search for it via the Files method - the Now Playing screen flashes up for less than a second and I'm back into the folder. Didn't have this issue with my Rockbox'd iPod Classic.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Edit: I've also just tried playing one of the tracks from the Music folder and got a white screen of death with PANIC at the top of it; is there something else going on?

May 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #735 of 2,020
The file paths exported from MediaMonkey don't match up with file paths on DX50. Getting it right isn't hard:

- Select a directory and add everything in it to a playlist, and save the playlist.
- Connect DX50 to your host computer and look at this saved playlist file. This is what Rockbox expects.
- Edit your exported playlist file so that the paths match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back