Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
May 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #707 of 2,020
So rockbox is working ok, but when I hit "Database", it says "no database exists, scan now?" I hit yes. It then says "Building Database... 10 found (OFF to return)" then it just stays on that screen. I've waited up to 20 minutes and it doesnt change. It finds 10 immediately, then no more. There is almost 60Gb of music on the card...

Am I doing something wrong? Any tricks for a successful scan?

May 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #708 of 2,020
So rockbox is working ok, but when I hit "Database", it says "no database exists, scan now?" I hit yes. It then says "Building Database... 10 found (OFF to return)" then it just stays on that screen. I've waited up to 20 minutes and it doesnt change. It finds 10 immediately, then no more. There is almost 60Gb of music on the card...

Am I doing something wrong? Any tricks for a successful scan?

Well you have to specify the paths to scan through database settings. (Scanning all files will cause problems just scan music folders)

Then start the scan and when it fnishes or stops reboot the device.

May 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #709 of 2,020
Well you have to specify the paths to scan through database settings. (Scanning all files will cause problems just scan music folders)

Then start the scan and when it fnishes or stops reboot the device.

That was the ticket. I had to select the .../mnt/ext_sd directory and it worked fine. Thanks!

May 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #710 of 2,020
Hi guys

Need some help with bricked DX50. I was listening music through Rockbox when after pressing volume up screen turned off. I couldn't turn it on, music was still playing, screen was blank and the volume buttons stopped working, there was only fast skipping sound after each press of volume buttons. After holding power button I resetted DX50, but it froze on boot - screen started to blink. I couldn't access CWM recovery by presing vol up and power button and I couldn't reinstall firmware from sdcard by pressing both volume buttons and power. Removing battery was not working either.

So I tried RKbatchtool. I installed the drivers, everything was ok - but after restore or upgrade nothing changed. DX50 still won't boot and screen is blinking after turning on.

Any ideas?

May 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #711 of 2,020
have you tried removing the battery?

May 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #712 of 2,020
Yes, still the same.

May 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #713 of 2,020
You can access the original firmware? Or how were you able to install this RKbatchtool? If you have access to the files you can delete the .rockbox folder and then reinstall the OF. 

May 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #714 of 2,020
No, I can't. I don't have access to files. Is it possible via ADB or smth? Do I need to root DX50 somehow?

I've installed RKbatchtool for Windows. After plugging DX50 via USB, installing Rockchip drivers, and then after pressing vol up and power RKbatchtools identifies DX50 and I can restore or upgrade using any update.img I want. Still no effect after that. Now I'm thinking how to reinstall recovery somehow, maybe CWM Recovery is corrupted.

May 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #715 of 2,020
your right. more like its the recovery is causing the problem. is there a way to change the recovery back to stock using the RKbatchtool? never used it just to be honest..

May 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #716 of 2,020
I've tried installing stock_recovery.zip from DOC2008s package, but it's not working. There's also RKandroidtool where you can install recovery, but it do not see DX50 as connected device. In fact, now RKbatchtool also does not detect DX50 and I have no idea why. I'm losing hope :frowning2:

Do you think I should ask iBasso or someone from Rockbox team? Maybe write to DOC2008?

May 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #717 of 2,020
you can't ask ibasso since you installed a 3rd party FW on your device. you just voided your warranty.
yah i think doc can answer some of your questions..

May 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #718 of 2,020
If you want to revert back to the original ibasso fw you can use this after doing this you will have load the newest version or what ever fw you want. This is in case you want to completely restore or if you bricked your DX50. This is from Ibasso also.

http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

May 9, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #719 of 2,020
you can't ask ibasso since you installed a 3rd party FW on your device. you just voided your warranty.
yah i think doc can answer some of your questions..

You're right, sadly. DOC2008 is the new hope :)

If you want to revert back to the original ibasso fw you can use this after doing this you will have load the newest version or what ever fw you want. This is in case you want to completely restore or if you bricked your DX50. This is from Ibasso also.

•  
  •  
  •  
http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

I didn't know that there is RKbatchtool specially for DX50 from iBasso. Unfortunately effect is the same as with standard version of this tool, blinking screen after upgrading, but thank you.

May 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #720 of 2,020
You're right, sadly. DOC2008 is the new hope :)

I didn't know that there is RKbatchtool specially for DX50 from iBasso. Unfortunately effect is the same as with standard version of this tool, blinking screen after upgrading, but thank you.

If you can't get the RKbatchtool download and work than it sounds like you have some serious issues. Ibasso sent that to me because of all the issues î was having, it is intended to start you from ground zero. Are you sure it was done right? This is suppose to be a fix all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back