Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #241 of 2,020
  Can someone please help.
I am trying to install QtADB and adb driver on windows PC.
Found QtADB on http://qtadb.wordpress.com/, and install,
Found adb driver on adbdriver.com, and install.
Run QtADB.exe, failed (no adb binary files)
Found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 (adb-setup-1.2.exe) and install.
Run QtADB.exe and QtADB show message (CONNECT YOUR POHONE).
DX is connected and windows see it as 'Android Composite ADB Interface', but QtADB dont see the dx50.

Please can somenone explain steep by steep how to install all that stuff to access to rockbox on dx50.
It will be very helpfull to get link to all the stuff needed. Thanks.

+1

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #242 of 2,020
  I'm not interested in adding themes, fonts, icons etc etc because everyone needs his own contents; these user files are at /system/rockbox/app_rockbox/rockbox;
see http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/RockboxExtras. This is not port-related, but general rockbox use question.

So as I understand it, as long as the theme resolution is the same it should be compatible across all RB ports.  So in this case the DX50 screen resolution is 320x240, so the Cowon D2 and iPod Classic/Video themes should all work just fine.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #243 of 2,020
Just loaded themes made for iPod classic. It can be fun, as long as the theme is working lol
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #244 of 2,020
So in this case the DX50 screen resolution is 320x240, so the Cowon D2 and iPod Classic/Video themes should all work just fine.

In principle this is correct. In practice, not every theme will work. Some are buggy or broken.

Once you have the platform-tools installed and the drivers working it is a simple process to install themes. You need to put all of the themes you want to load into a single directory. I use "theme" under platform-tools. Unpack the theme you want to load into this directory so it looks like this:

.../theme/backdrops
.../theme/themes
.../theme/wps

Then run these three commands from the platform-tools directory:

adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system
adb push theme /system/rockbox/app_rockbox/rockbox
adb shell mount -o ro,remount /system

And you should now be able to browse and set themes as you like.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #245 of 2,020
Wow this is more than I ever could've hoped for, the main reason which held me back from buying a dx50 was its inferior firmware compared to my rockboxed cowon d2 which I must've used for over 5 years by now, thanks a lot for making this possible, this is more than perfect!

Only one small annoyance is the slow scrolling through long lists, is there some way to speed this up? On my d2, I used grid mode and scrolling started slow but increased in speed every second so it was very precise and fast, I would go through my list of about 5000 albums in 10 seconds when holding the scroll button down the whole time, is there something similar I can use in th edx50 port? Is this not implemented or did I miss some setting in which I can adjust this? I found some scrolling settings but these seem to be about text scrolling speeds (i.e. long song titles).

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #248 of 2,020
I could swear I came across a setting that lets you disable that.  I'll recheck and get back to you...

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

there is.

Settings>General Settings>Display>LCD Settings>First Button Press Enables Backlight Only>OFF(default)

Setting is set to default which means that if you press any button, backlight won't turn on.

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #252 of 2,020
Step 1. Go read the first post in this thread.
Step 2. Follow the resources link.
I think you know the rest of the meme.

Please dont send us to frst post and resources link, because there is nothing there about instaling adb and adb drivers to the win8.1 pc, so that windows would recognize dx50.

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #253 of 2,020
http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/index.php/topic/1362-how-to-adb-fastboot-in-windows-81/

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #254 of 2,020
This is frustrating. Whenever I try to run QtADB, my Windows 7 refuses to do it. I've tried two desktops: "QtADB has stopped working." I've installed SDK, located the adb binaries, and installed usb driver. I even copied the aapt.exe file to that folder. I couldn't even go to the step to connect my phone. Anyone has any idea what is missing? Could it be the Java Environment issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back