Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #841 of 2,020
  Thank you sir.  It's tricky at first but I'm getting the hang of it.  
One more question, when I try to save the playlist I'm getting an error accessing current playlist message.  This a bug or am I missing something?  
Thanks again 

I don't really know - I mostly play complete folders of music, don't mess with them much. Maybe someone who uses playlists more can chime in...?

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #842 of 2,020
  Thank you sir.  It's tricky at first but I'm getting the hang of it.  
One more question, when I try to save the playlist I'm getting an error accessing current playlist message.  This a bug or am I missing something?  
Thanks again 

Can't really speak directly, as I STILL haven't installed RB on my DX50 
smile.gif
, but I do remember reading something about that here on this thread… you might want to try searching this thread for that topic.

Here's a couple of references I found searching:

post #179
post #646

post #646 seems to indicate a possible solution?

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #843 of 2,020
I have a question about the idle shutdown time. I had it set to 10min and my DX50 repeatedly shutdown while the music was playing at the 10min mark. It is my understanding that it shouldn't shut down while anything is playing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #844 of 2,020
I have a question about the idle shutdown time. I had it set to 10min and my DX50 repeatedly shutdown while the music was playing at the 10min mark. It is my understanding that it shouldn't shut down while anything is playing. Is anyone else having this problem?

there is a difference between the auto shutdown and idle shutdown..if you use the auto shutdown - your device will shutoff even if its playing something..if you use idle shutdown - your device turns off if its not playing or doing anything..

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #845 of 2,020
Can you tell me where to find the "auto shutdown"? The only setting I have been able to find is "idle poweroff" and I've found if that is set for anything other than off it will turn off the player even if music is being played. I'd like to get to the bottom of this as having to turn off the player each time manually is a bit of a pain and I am sure I'll forget to do it one of these days and drain my battery. I found "idle poweroff" under Settings ->General Settings->Startup/Shutdown->Idle Poweroff. Many thanks.

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #846 of 2,020
i think thats it.. idle poweroff.. your right it shouldn't shutting off the device if it is playing something.. you can try reflashing rockbox again..
im sorry i was thinking about the stock FW.. my bad mate

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #848 of 2,020
Need some direction here. I'm worried about screwing up a perfectly running player.How do you install new ibasso 1.5 firmware on player that has Rockbox already installed? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #849 of 2,020
i think thats it.. idle poweroff.. your right it shouldn't shutting off the device if it is playing something.. you can try reflashing rockbox again..
im sorry i was thinking about the stock FW.. my bad mate

Thanks anyway... still not sure why this is happening. Maybe I just need to wait until the next rockbox update. Is the idle shutoff feature working for everyone else?

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #851 of 2,020
I'm still having allot of trouble with making playlists.  The RB firmware seems to make a "temp" playlist however it does not make sense to me as to how I can save it.  I hold down the playlist directory part and try to save it however I keep getting the error message.  I attempted to make it through winamp or media monkey but that's not cutting it either.  I figured after several hours of messing around with this that RB is not worth the effort unless somebody could please tell me what success you have had.  I'm running out of ideas... 

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #852 of 2,020
  I'm still having allot of trouble with making playlists.  The RB firmware seems to make a "temp" playlist however it does not make sense to me as to how I can save it.  I hold down the playlist directory part and try to save it however I keep getting the error message.  I attempted to make it through winamp or media monkey but that's not cutting it either.  I figured after several hours of messing around with this that RB is not worth the effort unless somebody could please tell me what success you have had.  I'm running out of ideas... 

Read through the rockbox manual for the COWON D2 and it should explain the procedure there. Read through the entire section: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-cowond2/rockbox-buildch4.html#x7-620004.4

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #853 of 2,020
Ok, so I read the entire manual.  I'm still running into the same trouble.  I have been attempting the same procedures before however when it comes time for me to attempt to save a playlist I'm getting stuck on the virtual keyboard part.  Is there a specific way of naming the playlist or does it matter?  When I attempt to name then save it I get the error message saying it cannot locate the playlist or to something of that effect.  

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #854 of 2,020
  Ok, so I read the entire manual.  I'm still running into the same trouble.  I have been attempting the same procedures before however when it comes time for me to attempt to save a playlist I'm getting stuck on the virtual keyboard part.  Is there a specific way of naming the playlist or does it matter?  When I attempt to name then save it I get the error message saying it cannot locate the playlist or to something of that effect.  

Odd. When you go to save, does the path that you are going to save the playlist look like /mnt/sdcard/playlists/ or /mnt/extsdcard/playlists/? If not, that may be the problem. I don't have a DX50 so unfortunately I can't help further. I can only look into the code and see where the issue may lie.

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #855 of 2,020

Well the path should appear as < home >/PLAYLISTS/FILENAME

I think home would be ./rockbox/

You can connect device as storage to pc on mango, and try copying any file to rockbox/playlists/

May be its something with the permissions..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back