Rockbox for 80GB 5.5G iPod...very soon
May 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Battery life report.

Just completed a battery life test on my RockBox'd 80gb 5.5g. After a total of 10 hours, 40 minutes there was still 16% of charge reported, and music was still being played just fine. I stopped the test at that point, because 10 hours + is plenty enough or me, and I would never play beyond 16% charge in real life.

All music files were flac encoded, and the RockBox build was the iPod Video 64MB from 2007-05-23 21:40

I am very happy with this result.

Was this a test just running non stop? Or were you using the ipd at the same time? (i.e. scrolling through menus etc.. because this spins the drive and eats up a lot of battery)

May 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was this a test just running non stop? Or were you using the ipd at the same time? (i.e. scrolling through menus etc.. because this spins the drive and eats up a lot of battery)

A bit of each. Probably not as much scrolling, and fiddling as in real life, but it wasn't just sitting there playing, either. The longest it sat with no operation other than playing music was a 3 hour stretch.

It will be interesting to see how the life in more real world operation, with lots of operator functioning turns out.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #63 of 65
Rockbox battery setting?

Settings > General Settings > System > Battery > Battery Capacity

Options are offered from 400mAh to 1000mAh. Is 400mAh the default?

I'm using the stock battery and can't find information on Apple's website.

Help appreciated.

P.S. Battery dies fast, even if I turn off the EQ
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #64 of 65
That setting is used to calibrate the remaining battery time displayed on the WPS (and is not all that accurate), but it has nothing to do with how long your battery actually lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back