ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #16 of 1,258
PayPal typically has good buyer protection.

Exactly! That is why I first posted the link. W/O PP and having to give CC# might have thought different.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #17 of 1,258
cool.gif
I love these things. It's why I have 2 pairs. They are a good Earphone. GREAT Earphone if you include the Price. Although they are not the Be all-end all in shear specs and performance, they have what even some of the Best 'phones out there LACK.

They are a FUN and ENGAGING listen.  Yes, they border on being Bass-Heavy, (I'm sure some would say Basshead), but they also EXCEL because of that aspect in Certain Genres especially EDM, Trance, and believe it or not Classical.

I didn't really "discover" these, they were posted on the Chinese thread quite a few pages back first by aaDee. He was inquiring if anyone had heard them

I liked the way they looked, Normal Non Commital specifications of 20Hz-20kHz, 16 Ohm easy to drive, nothing special. I just bought them.

I also have the Mula on the way. Looks like the Same Driver in a different shell. I'm thinking maybe it may have the Bass toned down a little compared to the Zircon Shells. Might be a way more balanced presentation.

OR NOT.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #19 of 1,258
Subbed!... I have the Zircon with the Mula on the way.......I think the Zircons are super, so much fun to listen to. I have had them for about a week now and have not gone or even wanted to go back to my Fidue A73!

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #20 of 1,258
Hows the isolation and fit of these zircons. And would they be any good for the gym?

cool.gif
They fit well but truthfully they are touchy about ear placement. One good knock or pull and you would have to reinsert them which would be a real PIA during a workout. Personally if you want something a bit more rugged, with a decent SQ, that will stay in place, may I recommend the KZ EDSE. The Carbo Tenores would work also but the wires are quite fragile, one good yank and you would probably have a pair of non-fuctioning earphones.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #23 of 1,258
cool.gif
Hint: what I've been doing with earphones that have a short or hollow wire standoff like the Carbo Tenores is to put a small drop of superglue in the wire/standoff junction. Being careful not to let the Drop travel down into the body. I do this when I first get them and it seems to work. It also works on the same type connections on your plug ends.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #24 of 1,258
  What tips are you guys( and girls
wink_face.gif
 )using by the way...I have been going back and forth between  KZ hybrid  and JVC Spiral dot tips.....

cool.gif
I've got the Medium (Blue center) Auvio Large Bore Hybrids on them. They can be found at your Radio Shack nearest to you if there still is one or Amazon. Do You have Radio Shack in old Blighty?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00N568Z80/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #26 of 1,258

I also have the Mula on the way. Looks like the Same Driver in a different shell. I'm thinking maybe it may have the Bass toned down a little compared to the Zircon Shells. Might be a way more balanced presentation.

OR NOT.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Zircon driver listed as 8mm.  Mula driver listed as 9mm.  Someone pointed out somewhere that a few of the other specs are different (don't recall which ones).

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #27 of 1,258

Zircon driver listed as 8mm.  Mula driver listed as 9mm.  Someone pointed out somewhere that a few of the other specs are different (don't recall which ones).

Yep that was me. Like I said from the beginning, the drivers are different (but may sound similar, that to be seen). Both earphones have the same impedance, sensitivity and frequency response according to the specs, but also we're dealing here with 9mm driver (vs 8mm Zircon's), 3mW input power (vs 1mW Zircon's) and 5mW rated power (vs 3mW Zircon's), so they ought to be different even a bit.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #28 of 1,258

Yep that was me. Like I said from the beginning, the drivers are different (but may sound similar, that to be seen). Both earphones have the same impedance, sensitivity and frequency response according to the specs, but also we're dealing here with 9mm driver (vs 8mm Zircon's), 3mW input power (vs 1mW Zircon's) and 5mW rated power (vs 3mW Zircon's), so they ought to be different even a bit.

Thanks for the clarification.
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #30 of 1,258
  Thank slow to start this thread fast!
biggrin.gif

No problem.  Everyone kept talking about it, so like the Nike slogan "JUST DO IT" goes, I just did it.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back