ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #31 of 1,258
cool.gif
They fit well but truthfully they are touchy about ear placement. One good knock or pull and you would have to reinsert them which would be a real PIA during a workout. Personally if you want something a bit more rugged, with a decent SQ, that will stay in place, may I recommend the KZ EDSE. The Carbo Tenores would work also but the wires are quite fragile, one good yank and you would probably have a pair of non-fuctioning earphones.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Ive got the edse, they dont sit in my ears too well at all. I wasnt that impressed with the sound tbh and they have really bad driver flex. And I would stay away from the tenores because of the QC issues. Those mulas actually look very nice, hopefully they will be available on aliexpress soon.

Sep 14, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #32 of 1,258
cool.gif
Personally I would have started this thread earlier but I was waiting for enough people to try them to determine if I was going to be Burned Alive at the Stake or not.

Now if I could just persuade enough people to try that big money 10mm Bette..... *cough, cough*

It's seriously good.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #33 of 1,258

Ive got the edse, they dont sit in my ears too well at all. I wasnt that impressed with the sound tbh and they have really bad driver flex. And I would stay away from the tenores because of the QC issues. Those mulas actually look very nice, hopefully they will be available on aliexpress soon.

Totally agree with you on that one. Got the ED2 (=EDSE) and the sound is nothing impressive at all, I've got quite a few earphones that sound better, both amplified and not amplified. Also, isolation is non-existent 'cause they are so open.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #34 of 1,258

Totally agree with you on that one. Got the ED2 (=EDSE) and the sound is nothing impressive at all, I've got quite a few earphones that sound better, both amplified and not amplified. Also, isolation is non-existent 'cause they are so open.

Not sure if ED2 & EDse are the same...my EDse have red nozzle screens and sound pretty good. Not my favorite but still quite good.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #35 of 1,258
  Not sure if ED2 & EDse are the same...my EDse have red nozzle screens and sound pretty good. Not my favorite but still quite good.

I've got the same red grill, and I ordered ED2 (here). the body looks partially golden on your photo, is it just the lighting? Cause mine are entirely silver.
IDK... they lack any impact/excitement. They're too flat for my taste.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #37 of 1,258
cool.gif
BTW, The ED2 and EDSE are NOT the same earphone. I questioned this to both the Flagship Store and manufacturer some time ago. They are totally different earphones from their responses.

I hear something totally different as Far as my personal ranking of the KZ.  I put the ED10 First followed closely by the EDSE then Maybe the ATE. The ANV is by far the most Balanced and Audiophile EQ'd BUT it is terribly uncomfortable for me to wear, other wise it would be #1. The ED9 is good but WAY to Bright and fatiquing.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #38 of 1,258

cool.gif
Personally I would have started this thread earlier but I was waiting for enough people to try them to determine if I was going to be Burned Alive at the Stake or not.

Now if I could just persuade enough people to try that big money 10mm Bette..... *cough, cough*

It's seriously good.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

So if I go straight to Bette, would I miss out anything from Rock/Mula

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #39 of 1,258
I've been doing an A-B comparison at work with co-workers that have there Zircon's, but there's one co-worker in particular that has harsh highs and mid-bass bloat. I believe the Zircon's were not made to sound this way, so we urged that co-worker to send them back so they in return could replace it with a new one. And it worked out great for him!

So, just remember.....if the Zircon's don't sound like what others are experiencing; BIG soundstage, plus depth, and smooth luscious and natural highs, then return them and get another new pair 'cause you're missing out!

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #40 of 1,258
Today, coming home from work, I was listening and going back and forth with my ED10's and my TDK TH-EB800's, but I just kept missing that large soundstage and depth from the Zircon's. I just can't quite put my finger on the wonderful and fun sound the Zircon puts out for such a small, efficient and low price IEM.

Any day now, I'll receive my Mula's!.....can't wait to check these black and stealth looking IEM's.
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #41 of 1,258

So if I go straight to Bette, would I miss out anything from Rock/Mula

Yes. The Rock has a Unique signature. Especially in the Bass. The Bette is absolutely an Audiophile earphone. It is balanced, 3 Dimensional with a Gigantic sounstage, and surgically precise-almost to the point of giving a "False Brightness". Let me explain this term I just made up.
ksc75smile.gif
I'm treble sensitive, I prefer a Darker signature. When I listen to Bright earphones for example: The Dunu Titan,  I get a headache after about 2 hours. Sometimes I have to quit listening altogether. Upon an Initial and 50 hour interval brief listens during burn-in this was my main fear, that the Bettes were going to be too Treble forward. After a 200 Hour Burn In, I had a chance to compare the Bette During a 10 Hour Listening session to my 2 other Favorite "audiophile" phones, (in which the Bettes were Clearly Better). 8 hours of this was exclusively Bettes. I DID NOT GET A TREBLE HEADACHE. Therefore I have to assume it's a "False Brightness". Another test I used was to check for Sibilance. I used the most sibilant vocal recording that I have run across, almost recorded with the sssss.... in Place: SOAK's version of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. Even Pushed HARD the Bettes rendered exactly what was recorded without any additional dreaded ssssss.... trailing off into the sunset.

YOU NEED BOTH THE BETTE AND ZIRCON.  Sort of a Christ/AntiChrist thing.

Your results may differ, I just know what my Old-ass ears hear.
biggrin.gif
Which may be somewhat damaged from playing 40-odd years or so in front of a Stack of Marshall Amps. Just Saying for future reference.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #42 of 1,258
  Yes. The Rock has a Unique signature. Especially in the Bass. The Bette is absolutely an Audiophile earphone. It is balanced, 3 Dimensional with a Gigantic sounstage, and surgically precise-almost to the point of giving a "False Brightness". Let me explain this term I just made up.
ksc75smile.gif
I'm treble sensitive, I prefer a Darker signature. When I listen to Bright earphones for example: The Dunu Titan,  I get a headache after about 2 hours. Sometimes I have to quit listening altogether. Upon an Initial and 50 hour interval brief listens during burn-in this was my main fear, that the Bettes were going to be too Treble forward. After a 200 Hour Burn In, I had a chance to compare the Bette During a 10 Hour Listening session to my 2 other Favorite "audiophile" phones, (in which the Bettes were Clearly Better). 8 hours of this was exclusively Bettes. I DID NOT GET A TREBLE HEADACHE. Therefore I have to assume it's a "False Brightness". Another test I used was to check for Sibilance. I used the most sibilant vocal recording that I have run across, almost recorded with the sssss.... in Place: SOAK's version of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. Even Pushed HARD the Bettes rendered exactly what was recorded without any additional dreaded ssssss.... trailing off into the sunset.

biggrin.gif
Which may be somewhat damaged from playing 40-odd years or so in front of a Stack of Marshall Amps. Just Saying for future reference.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

So Twin, you think Bettes have larger soundstage than Zircons, right? How about its 3D sound compared to Zircons? Well, if you think Bette have the best 3D presentation and largest soundstage, which earphone you own now is closest to it?

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #43 of 1,258
ksc75smile.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

What are Ass ears??  You mean these?

41H5h1H9tRL._SX300_.jpg

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #44 of 1,258
cool.gif
YOU may have been watching too many Assy McGee Cartoons Charlie.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #45 of 1,258
  So Twin, you think Bettes have larger soundstage than Zircons, right? How about its 3D sound compared to Zircons? Well, if you think Bette have the best 3D presentation and largest soundstage, which earphone you own now is closest to it?

Absolutely bigger than the Zircons. I have nothing really. My two other  best Earphones are the Trinity Delta and the Dunu Titan. BUT I do have a Pair of those Yinjw IE800's ON THE WAY you guys are talking about so I will have a point of reference. Are they as big as you say? (Re-assure me here Yangi).  When I say 3D, It's presentation is a lot like being seated in front of a Half-Shell Acoustically Engineered Ampitheater. The sound seems to emanate from 180 degrees around your head and Coalesces In front of You moving both Forward to specific instruments and backwards to a say 3rd Row seat.

THESE ARE JUST MY IMPRESSIONS, and possibly my imagination playing sonic tricks. Yours may be different. Nonetheless These are STELLAR earphones even at a much greater price. I'm REALLY interested to see what happens with this MULA.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back