ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #46 of 1,258
  Absolutely bigger than the Zircons. I have nothing really. My two other  best Earphones are the Trinity Delta and the Dunu Titan. BUT I do have a Pair of those Yinjw IE800's you guys are talking about so I will have a point of reference. Are they as big as you say? (Re-assure me here Yangi).  When I say 3D, It's presentation is a lot like being seated in front of a Half-Shell Acoustically Engineered Ampitheater. The sound seems to emanate from 180 degrees around your head and Coalesces In front of You moving both Forward to specific instruments and backwards to a say 3rd Row seat.

THESE ARE JUST MY IMPRESSIONS, and possibly my imagination playing sonic tricks. Yours may be different. Nonetheless These are STELLAR earphones even at a much greater price. I'm REALLY interested to see what happens with this MULA.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

You also have Yinjw IE800? That's cool! My experience is like this: I just feel when I first listened to the Zircons, its sound impssived me so much. But more listening, I feel it seems its soundstage shrinked. For the Yinjw, my first impression is also very impressive. The only complain is its soundstage. But more and more listeing, I fouund it soundstage expanded. Noe its soundstage is obviously larger than Zircons.
Now I like Yinjw more and more. I expecially enjoy its sound of piano! Now the only weakness of Yinjw for me is its sounstage height. Really weak sounstage height. Otherwise, it's definitely better than Zircons. And if you have time, I'm very appreciate if you could give an AB description of Bette and Yinjw. From your comments, I just feel Zircons have very different sound signature with Bette and on different lievels. But Yinjw and Bette should have more similar sound signature and more comparable. Thank you! 
beerchug.gif

Edit: When I say 3D presentation, I mean the soundstage's width, depth, and height. If it lacks on dimention, it 2D sound. Most budgeted earphones only have certain width, like 8320, so it actually a 1D presentation. BTW, though Yinjw lack height, its width and depth are great. 

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #47 of 1,258
  You also have Yinjw IE800? That's cool! My experience is like this: I just feel when I first listened to the Zircons, its sound impssived me so much. But more listening, I feel it seems its soundstage shrinked. For the Yinjw, my first impression is also very impressive. The only complain is its soundstage. But more and more listeing, I fouund it soundstage expanded. Noe its soundstage is obviously larger than Zircons.
Now I like Yinjw more and more. I expecially enjoy its sound of piano! Now the only weakness of Yinjw for me is its sounstage height. Really weak sounstage height. Otherwise, it's definitely better than Zircons. And if you have time, I'm very appreciate if you could give an AB description of Bette and Yinjw. From your comments, I just feel Zircons have very different sound signature with Bette and on different lievels. But Yinjw and Bette should have more similar sound signature and more comparable. Thank you! 
beerchug.gif

Edit: When I say 3D presentation, I mean the soundstage's width, depth, and height. If it lacks on dimention, it 2D sound. Most budgeted earphones only have certain width, like 8320, so it actually a 1D presentation. BTW, though Yinjw lack height, its width and depth are great. 

smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry yangian, I meant to say I have a Pair of Yinjw on the way. ( I just corrected my post) They are not here yet. BTW: I bought them based largely on your description.
very_evil_smiley.gif

As you may know I really Like Vivaldi. I have a very good Flac recording taken off vinyl that I listen to. With the Bettes You can hear performers moving their feet and flipping sheet music if you listen closely. The downside is you sometimes can hear the Vinyl turning.

Yes they are that surgically precise.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #48 of 1,258

smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry yangian, I meant to say I have a Pair of Yinjw on the way. ( I just corrected my post) They are not here yet. BTW: I bought them based largely on your description.
very_evil_smiley.gif

As you may know I really Like Vivaldi. I have a very good Flac recording taken off vinyl that I listen to. With the Bettes You can hear performers moving their feet and flipping sheet music if you listen closely. The downside is you sometimes can hear the Vinyl turning.

Yes they are that surgically precise.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

haha. Really? Fair enough. I bought Zircons and you bought Yinjw. 
biggrin.gif
 I'm eargly to see your AB these two wonderful earphones. BTW, if I'll bought the Bette in the future, you need to buy another one I'll recommend. 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #49 of 1,258
  haha. Really? Fair enough. I bought Zircons and you bought Yinjw. 
biggrin.gif
 I'm eargly to see your AB these two wonderful earphones. BTW, if I'll bought the Bette in the future, you need to buy another one I'll recommend. 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
Works for me long as we try and stay < $50 USD. I'll admit I was holding off on buying any IE800 clones as of the various terrible reviews I had heard about them and the likes of the TTpod version. Sounds like this Yinjw has brought their performance up to snuff. Has anyone Dared to A/B them against the Real thing, some Senns?

Not that I expect them to be as good, but I'd sure like to know how close they got it.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #51 of 1,258
cool.gif
Can anyone tell me the differences between the Yinjw and THESE:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Development-DT2-Circle-Mixed-Iron-In-ear-Headphones-Can-Change-Line-Upgrade-Iron-Unit-Fever/1825606_32380712864.html

Do we even have a comparison somewhere?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #52 of 1,258

cool.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Development-DT2-Circle-Mixed-Iron-In-ear-Headphones-Can-Change-Line-Upgrade-Iron-Unit-Fever/1825606_32380712864.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Wow! They seriously look like nice.....and that frequency response is also looking very good!

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #53 of 1,258
Just received the Mula's.....

First impressions: Soundstage and depth is very nice, not as broad as the Zircon's though, but impressive none-the-less. Definitely, crispier than the Zircon's with less mid-bass effect and more of a quicker sub-bass punch. It's also brighter on top with plenty of clarity nearly coming to the borderline of almost sounding sibilant, but tolerable. These would probably be more towards audiophile-like details and listening experience. 

These are just my first impressions......they are very worthy and competitive and are incredibly cheap for there soundstage. Personally, another winner from ROCK!

.....now back to the burner!
beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #54 of 1,258

cool.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I noticed this also. I asked it on that Asian thread. Someone bought it but no Wow review to now. Driver is different from Yinjw. 
I found this on Taobao: http://world.taobao.com/item/45867885376.htm?spm=a1z3o.7406521.0.0.qeME6k
I'm not sure if it's totally the same as the aliexpress one. But very interesting, This is a hybrid of BA+dynamic. And it's from the same company of DIY AKG3003! So I'm REALLY REALLY curious of this v.s. Bette and DIY K3003.
BTW, the reviews on Taobao are great enough.

Sep 16, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #55 of 1,258
  Just received the Mula's.....

First impressions: Soundstage and depth is very nice, not as broad as the Zircon's though, but impressive none-the-less. Definitely, crispier than the Zircon's with less mid-bass effect and more of a quicker sub-bass punch. It's also brighter on top with plenty of clarity nearly coming to the borderline of almost sounding sibilant, but tolerable. These would probably be more towards audiophile-like details and listening experience. 

These are just my first impressions......they are very worthy and competitive and are incredibly cheap for there soundstage. Personally, another winner from ROCK!

.....now back to the burner!
beerchug.gif

Nice... Are they as easy to drive as the Zircon ?

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #56 of 1,258

Nice... Are they as easy to drive as the Zircon ?

They're very efficient and can be easily driven by any digital player or amp. One thing I noticed is that you can tip-roll them with wider-bored tips and get a better improvement on the soundstage. They actually are very similar now to the Zircon's soundstage, but with less emphasis on the bass, but with a nice sub-bass kick.

For those that never approved of the overall bass from the Zircon's.....these could be your answer. I believe, they don't compete with each other, but compliment each other more on different people with different taste. I definitely like both and are worth much, much more for the sound and quality this company puts out.

Incredibly, the Mula's are cheaper.....are you kidding me? These are a steal!
ph34r.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #57 of 1,258
cool.gif
Jeez Clearhead. You must live within walking distance of the factories!!! My Mulas are being "Processed" By the Agent and haven't even been shipped yet.

So far Your impressions are exactly what I had hoped for. BURN THOSE SUCKERS IN BROTHER.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #59 of 1,258

What's the recommended burn time?

cool.gif
I've got no idea. I do EVERY earphone 200 Hrs. regardless. WHAT I HAVE NOTICED is that most of the Chinese manufacturers ARE recommending Burning their earphone in in order for them to: "reach full potential".
biggrin.gif
I find the Quote amusing. Maybe it helps disperse the radioactive material or somethin'.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #60 of 1,258

Ive got the edse, they dont sit in my ears too well at all. I wasnt that impressed with the sound tbh and they have really bad driver flex. And I would stay away from the tenores because of the QC issues. Those mulas actually look very nice, hopefully they will be available on aliexpress soon.

Here you go:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Rock-Universal-Mula-Stereo-Headset-Earphone-in-ear-for-iPhone-5s-6-plus-Samsung-Androind/32471284726.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back