RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features
Dec 4, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #91 of 594
I picked up the Anniversary Edition a few months ago and it's a really great product. The DAC and amplifier are both top-notch. The design shows so much attention to detail, like how the overall color of the graphic equalizer changes when you run a DSD signal through it. The loudness feature makes listening at lower volumes so much more detailed. I have played around with many of the features but there are still more that I have not used so far.

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #93 of 594
I am considering this unit as a "one and done" solution to replace my current separates. Would love to hear more about the headphone amp section and how it sounds compared to any other well known references many of us have heard or at least heard about. For example, very few solid state amps work well with HD800s... how does this one sound? I currently have ATH-R70x, DT1990 Pro, HD800s, Oppo PM-3, Audeze EL-8 Open, Nighthawk, and a few others... thinking about selling off a few and grabbing an Aeon or Ethers, or maybe a Focal Clear. Anyone using any of these models with the ADI-2 Pro? Would love to hear some more comments about the amp/can pairings since it seems to be a given that this is a very good DAC.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #95 of 594
I have Oppo PM-3s and HD-600 and both sound great with the ADI-2. I would emphasise the 'smart loudness' function of the ADI-2, which is just superb with headphones and especially with lower volumes. After experiencing this, one can't really live without it... :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #97 of 594
^ You should check that you can use ADI-2 both as a DAC and preamp, so that you can use all it's advanced features like the smart loudness, EQ etc. To use the ADI-2 just as a DAC without any of it's other features would be an overkill imo and a waste of it's potential.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #98 of 594
^ You should check that you can use ADI-2 both as a DAC and preamp, so that you can use all it's advanced features like the smart loudness, EQ etc. To use the ADI-2 just as a DAC without any of it's other features would be an overkill imo and a waste of it's potential.
haha yeah im reading about this very snazzy DAC online. Yeah with Stax will just probably use the DAC features and nothing else. It would definitely be overkill thou. BUT IT LOOKS SOOO WOW!!

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #99 of 594
I hear you! When I saw the Anniversary Edition, my purchase decision was made. Period. :darthsmile:

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #101 of 594
I hear you! When I saw the Anniversary Edition, my purchase decision was made. Period. :darthsmile:

It does look pretty doesn't it? Seriously tempted but the AE price differential is still quite high compared to the normal model. On the offchance (!) that anyone with the AE model in Europe is looking to sell theirs.... feel free to PM me :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #102 of 594
^ is it, really? Consider that the standard model costs already quite a lot, so does a few hundred more break the bank aymore?... :wink:

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #103 of 594
^ is it, really? Consider that the standard model costs already quite a lot, so does a few hundred more break the bank aymore?... :wink:

Well in Europe it's about 400 euros difference, which is not insignificant, and of course there's more options/competition available when buying the standard model....

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #104 of 594
^ to me, that difference didn't matter any more. I wasn't even considering to pay +1K€ for a dac+amp, but then I saw this beauty... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back