RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features
Jul 10, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #46 of 594
Today she arrived. By far the most gorgeous thing that has ever been on my desktop! :) First impressions of the sound are awesome. Testing will continue...

I'm very interested in your impressions with the Genelecs. I'm looking at several options to drive a pair of 8030s + 7050 sub. ADI-2 Pro is high on the list. I must say it does look sexy!

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #47 of 594
I now have a pair of 8020b, but I am waiting for the new 8331s, for which I have high hopes. I hope to get them around August when the first batch arrives in stores here in Finland. The ADI sounds... simply better, than my previous DAC/preamp, which was ODAC. I can't really describe in detail how it sounds better and I don't plan to do any comparisons with the ODAC anymore. This one is a keeper. :)

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #48 of 594
3.jpg
My new DAC)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #49 of 594
What a beauty. The silver panel matches nicely to HD800s! :)

How do you like it so far? Stellar in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #52 of 594
^ Well said, I totally agree. Some of my 'reference songs' sound just amazing. Try for example Till Tomorrow and Kiss In Blue from Yello.

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #54 of 594
Setting up the 'intelligent loudness' is next on my to-do list. One thing I changed is how the unit switces between the headphones and my active monitors. I now have both plugged in and I can switch by pressing the volume knob half a second. VERY handy, since I hate plugging the headphones in and out all the time!

Jul 17, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #55 of 594
Can this DAC/amp accept an iPhone as a source via a lightning/USB cable like a Mojo/Hugo can?

Has anyone compared this to either of the Chord products?

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #58 of 594
I just picked up an ADI-2 PRO myself. Not sure what you mean by "maybe" sounds better than the Mojo. I have a Benchmark DAC2, which IMO blows the Mojo away fairly easily. With that said, the ADI-2 PRO will be replacing my Benchmark DAC2 and ADC1 USB combo. I am very impressed with RME's work on this unit, I feel like the ADI-2 PRO and the DAC2 are on the same level, can't decide on a clear winner, but I like the convenience of having AD/DA in one box (works as preamp as well with analog in if not doing AD). I have also compared the DAC2 with the Lynx Hilo a while back, for the same type of all in one solution, but to my ears, the Hilo's DA was nowhere close to the Benchmark.
Can this DAC/amp accept an iPhone as a source via a lightning/USB cable like a Mojo/Hugo can?

Has anyone compared this to either of the Chord products?

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #59 of 594
I was planning to buy Benchmark DAC3. For me, ADI-2 won based on the huge amount of features and options, the smaller size and awesome looks (I have the anniversary edition model). Both sound great and I don't think I could hear major differences in their sound. ADI's popularity among music professionals (e.g. Gearslutz) also helped in the selection.

Regarding Chord, I have never heard any of them, but oh boy are those ugly devices. No offense... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back