RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features
Mar 15, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #16 of 594
The ADI-2 Pro is a half-width rack unit, so you can plonk two of these on your rack.

As for ADC, I find it useful for room measurement. Just need a mic preamp. You can also rip vinyl with it and become a major underground DSD label. Or just listen to vinyl in preamp mode.

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #19 of 594
LOL 
I am very interested in this product

I don't mean it's a bad thing!
Just the unit has so many features that I've spent time navigating the menu and trying them all.

I am still very impressed by this little thing.
Simone

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #22 of 594
Sure am! Been taking this box of awesome through its paces for the last month or so. It did great with everything I threw at it.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #23 of 594
How good is the headphone jack, may I ask? Will adding a sub-2000 external amp, say, my Phonitor, make an improvement?

Is it possible to use this as a standalone amp, analog in to hp out? It seems to be possible according to the manual (analog in > adc > dac > hp)

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #24 of 594
An all-black version was announced, btw... Looks way better
http://www.synthax.co.uk/latest/2017/04/05/news-musikmesse-2017-rme-ferrofish-micw/

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #25 of 594
How good is the headphone jack, may I ask? Will adding a sub-2000 external amp, say, my Phonitor, make an improvement?

Is it possible to use this as a standalone amp, analog in to hp out? It seems to be possible according to the manual (analog in > adc > dac > hp)

You must be joking. Is that a serious question about 'the headphone jack'? The headphone amp in this unit is 'extreme'ly good, as says its name. And it got two of these.

Yes, stand-alone amp works, I use it daily with analog sources.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #26 of 594

I won't be bothering with other SS amps, unless I need silly amounts of power. Most likely I'll build a tube power amp for some extra flavour and that's it.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #29 of 594
I predict that "see-through"-tops are going to be a thing in future 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805912/questyle-cma600i-first-impressions-thread/60

the black RME certainly looks significantly better.... since the ADI-2 pro is supposed to be a hybrid-product for HiFi- AND Studio- usage, this is a wise marketing decision... 

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #30 of 594
Boy it sure looks good in black! 
Damn it, I have it in silver 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back