RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
May 21, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,306 of 5,973
Thanks for the replies, got it figured out!

My RME should be arriving in a few days, proper hyped

May 21, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,308 of 5,973
@mvvRAZ You should be, it's an amazing piece of gear.
I first had the chance to listen to it a few weeks ago using my Andromeda S, and for two hours I did not move, completely perplexed by what was happening

May 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,309 of 5,973
I first had the chance to listen to it a few weeks ago using my Andromeda S, and for two hours I did not move, completely perplexed by what was happening

then you should be pleased once you learn how to properly exploit all the features in this DAC.

aside from an astonishing set of Chi-fi IEMs the RME ADI2-DAC is one of my better recent acquisitions (ie. no plans on selling)

May 21, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #1,311 of 5,973
then you should be pleased once you learn how to properly exploit all the features in this DAC.

aside from an astonishing set of Chi-fi IEMs the RME ADI2-DAC is one of my better recent acquisitions (ie. no plans on selling)
Which IEMs did you get?

I’m planning on using it with my Andro and my A18 for the most part, never got into the ChiFi hype myself

May 21, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,312 of 5,973
Which IEMs did you get?

I’m planning on using it with my Andro and my A18 for the most part, never got into the ChiFi hype myself

I picked up a set of KZ ZS10 Pro for $36 on Amazon (lightning deal + $5 coupon). they match the sound I am looking for. nice balanced sound and more detail than you would expect from a $49 IEM. are they perfect... No, but they hit a level of sound some higher priced gear can't IMO

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #1,313 of 5,973
I pulled the trigger on the ADI-2 DAC and I absolutely love it so far! I am using it as both a DAC and AMP right now and I am curious if I should have Hi-Power constantly on or if I should just switch on Auto Ref Level or just leave it as Lo-Power? I am currently pairing it with DT 1990's
Play around with it and go with what you like best, no wrong answer when you do that. Also revisit this practice every couple weeks, to refine it =)

Also if you get other headphones do the same thing, this applies to amps as well.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

May 21, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #1,314 of 5,973
Will the ADI-2 Dac control the volume on the xlr and rca simultaneously? For example if I have my powered monitors connected from the balanced output and the sub with the rca output will it control the volume for both at the same time?

May 21, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #1,315 of 5,973
Will the ADI-2 Dac control the volume on the xlr and rca simultaneously? For example if I have my powered monitors connected from the balanced output and the sub with the rca output will it control the volume for both at the same time?

Yes... that’s exactly what I am doing (see my signature)

May 21, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #1,317 of 5,973
I'm experiencing the following with the unit in Class Compliant (driverless) mode:

Foobar WASAPI Push plays fine, but Event gives me distorted audio.
MPC-BE MPC Audio Renderer WASAPI Shared plays fine, but Event makes the video lag.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back