1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RME ADI-2 DAC Thread

First

Back
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Next

Last
  1. mvvRAZ
    Thanks for the replies, got it figured out!

My RME should be arriving in a few days, proper hyped

2. CaptainFantastic
    @mvvRAZ You should be, it's an amazing piece of gear.

mvvRAZ likes this.
  3. mvvRAZ
    I first had the chance to listen to it a few weeks ago using my Andromeda S, and for two hours I did not move, completely perplexed by what was happening

cardeli22, bidn and butch111 like this.
  4. captblaze
    then you should be pleased once you learn how to properly exploit all the features in this DAC.

aside from an astonishing set of Chi-fi IEMs the RME ADI2-DAC is one of my better recent acquisitions (ie. no plans on selling)

cardeli22 and butch111 like this.
  5. butch111
    Yes. I am also happy with it. One reason -. the internal equalizer makes my harsh rha in ear sounds very smooth.
    for me the equalizer works better than softwaresolution i have tested.

6. mvvRAZ
    Which IEMs did you get?

I’m planning on using it with my Andro and my A18 for the most part, never got into the ChiFi hype myself

cardeli22 likes this.
  7. captblaze
    I picked up a set of KZ ZS10 Pro for $36 on Amazon (lightning deal + $5 coupon). they match the sound I am looking for. nice balanced sound and more detail than you would expect from a $49 IEM. are they perfect... No, but they hit a level of sound some higher priced gear can't IMO

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  8. Darthpool
    Play around with it and go with what you like best, no wrong answer when you do that. Also revisit this practice every couple weeks, to refine it =)

Also if you get other headphones do the same thing, this applies to amps as well.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

9. talmadge
    Will the ADI-2 Dac control the volume on the xlr and rca simultaneously? For example if I have my powered monitors connected from the balanced output and the sub with the rca output will it control the volume for both at the same time?

10. occamsrazor
    Yes... that’s exactly what I am doing (see my signature)

11. talmadge
    Great thanks

12. Megalith
    I'm experiencing the following with the unit in Class Compliant (driverless) mode:

Foobar WASAPI Push plays fine, but Event gives me distorted audio.
    MPC-BE MPC Audio Renderer WASAPI Shared plays fine, but Event makes the video lag.

Anyone else?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  13. Relaxasaurus
    At the risk of getting tarred & feathered in this thread would these USB issues be rectified if RME used an XMOS controller vs their homegrown one? What we be lost?

cardeli22 likes this.
  14. zeroselect
    I had the same problem as well. I went on using it on ASIO.

First

Back
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Next

Last