1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RME ADI-2 DAC Thread

First

Back
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Next

Last
  1. mglg
    Pulled trigger on the ADI-2 DAC, very exciting to pair it with utopia. Any recommendation for portable battery and power cable?

cardeli22 and tekkster like this.
  2. Relaxasaurus
    Are you going to use an amp?

3. Phoniac
  4. mglg
    Probably not.

5. MikeW
    There may be better options available on Amazon. If you search for 12 V power bank, Some that are designed for laptops have 50,000 MAH and out put 12 V

6. mglg
    I did see some options there. Does it need to have a DC out port? Or normal usb out with a usb-dc converter cable is fine.

7. MikeW
    It needs 12v dc. I think you need bank with proper 12v out, most of them are user selectable

8. mglg
  9. MagnusH
    Has anyone compared toslink to a high quality ethernet transport, like sotm ultra, ultraRendu etc, for the RME ADI-2 DAC? I have compared toslink from computer to Allo USBridge (running on battery), but could not detect any differences. If anything, I think toslink sounded better.

10. Anaz
    You can download the "Bit Test Wav Files for ADI-2 Pro / AE / DAC" from RME's website and test your connection.

11. MagnusH
  12. elmoe
    Well my ADI-2 "died" last night. No longer recognizes a USB connection, with 2 different cables, on 3 different computers. Optical in works fine, USB shows disconnected no matter what I try.

Good thing I bought this new. Needless to say I am thinking about selling the replacement as soon as I get it or ask for a refund and move on to something with a little better build quality...

13. Relaxasaurus
    Ugh, sorry to hear. Did it die while in use or just when you first turned it on?

I would say try a firmware upgrade but you need USB to do that.

14. CaptainFantastic
    @elmoe Do you think you might be overreacting? No one else has reported this issue. From your singular experience you conclude (swiftly) that this model has build quality issues?

Quinto likes this.
  15. elmoe
    I moved it from one PC to another, looks like it wasn't happy with that. I upgraded the FW first thing when I got it ~2 months ago to v25, but yeah it needs USB for FW upgrades so I am stuck.

No it definitely wasn't overheating, it wasn't even in use when the USB died.

Considering I bought it brand new 2 months ago and it worked fine until now, yes, I can safely conclude this is a QC/QA issue. The USB input basically died on me out of the blue. On a $1000 unit that's pretty much brand new, that's definitely a concern. I take extremely good care of my gear and still have the first DAC I ever bought 15 years ago (Benchmark DAC1) which still works great

First

Back
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Next

Last