RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jan 28, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #5,476 of 6,038
I would say that i know nothing, and i only assume. That is why i asked for an official answer and instead of it every thread about it was closed. Nothing more to say, as you start the same ironies as others did. I just say my experience and i will continue talking about it until i get an OFFICIAL answer. Perhaps it is better with the cable, not sure too, no-one knows. MC could just answer with measurements, he is able to do it.
You’re right, you know nothing!

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #5,477 of 6,038
I am negative because even if i asked i got no official answer. I made simple questions and i got no real evidences from RME. Instead of that all opened threads about it where closed...

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #5,478 of 6,038
Oh, gosh, no... This I take as a big insult. :p

Yes, it sounds just as transparent, which is what a DAC should be.
I’m just breaking in my new ADI-2/4 Pro SE unit. I’ve owned all previous generations. All were transparent, uncolored, very flexible and capable of driving even low impedance phones like my Ether C Flow, Expanse and Stealth. Never boring. The Pro 2/4 is no different than the previous generations but I do notice that it digs deeper and I hear more low end rumble on certain tracts than before. Top end is detailed, extended but non etched or fatiguing and with DSP, it’s incredibly flexible. So far I’d say it’s a winner.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #5,479 of 6,038
Is there anyone else experiencing weird audio dropouts with this dac while browsing through the internet(Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Opera GX)?

Sometimes it just lag/dropout 1 second. And the only game it behaves like this is Rocket League. I played Destiny 2 without issues

Its the only dac that does this. TT2 and AGD have no problem.

The weird thing is it all happened when I upgraded my cpu from Ryzen 3700X to 5700G.

I even upgraded BIOS and Fresh installed Windows 10(formatted the computer from scratch)

EDIT: Looks like RME released a driver yesterday - did not help!

Im updating the firmware again.

0. loaded default in BIOS
1. updated the driver and firmware
2. made a factory reset on the device.

Still same problem!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #5,480 of 6,038
Any help on rolling back firmware to old version is appreciated. The new firmwares "killed" my dac.

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #5,482 of 6,038
What do you mean by killed? Bad sound, unit doesn’t power on anymore?
constantly audio dropouts every other dac works fine with asio also.

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #5,484 of 6,038
Seems to be the same driver that I had for a while now without any problems, but I use Mac/OS (ADI-2 DAC: 78/51)
Yeah same here. But audio dropouts

Feb 8, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #5,485 of 6,038
@NickedWicked Can you please confirm if you are running the latest build 22H2 or older?

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #5,486 of 6,038
@NickedWicked Can you please confirm if you are running the latest build 22H2 or older?
Running Windows 11 22H2 here, latest CU installed. RME Windows driver .09808 also installed. No issues here, maybe your USB module developed an issue, perhaps a problem with the USB cable, might take some trial and error.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #5,487 of 6,038
Running Windows 11 22H2 here, latest CU installed. RME Windows driver .09808 also installed. No issues here, maybe your USB module developed an issue, perhaps a problem with the USB cable, might take some trial and error.
The funny thing is. Even my SSL2+ which is also a DAW soundcard like the RME. It works flawlessly. Not to meantion my AGD and TT2 works too.

Feb 10, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #5,488 of 6,038
Just got one in today! First impression, very clean sounding. Soundstage and depth is great, a noticeable upgrade from the Fiio products I have tried. Compared to the ef400, not as wet sounding or analog sounding which is a given with the r2r dac on the 400. The 400 however doesn’t have the same presence and a different texture. Jury is still out if it’ll stay, but leaning toward a yes without messing with any sound settings at all yet!

Feb 11, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #5,489 of 6,038
Just got one in today! First impression, very clean sounding. Soundstage and depth is great, a noticeable upgrade from the Fiio products I have tried. Compared to the ef400, not as wet sounding or analog sounding which is a given with the r2r dac on the 400. The 400 however doesn’t have the same presence and a different texture. Jury is still out if it’ll stay, but leaning toward a yes without messing with any sound settings at all yet!
I agree that Rme dac 2 fs has great clarity and wide stage. But it has not that much depth. Also it has one of the best and lifelike vocals, defined and textured (at least ESS version i have tried). Dac section great, no need to look elsewhere... Amp section is great for iems (best ever tried) and is a really good one for headphones (up to 400-500 price list). It is differs a little from R2R dacs, which are warmer, BUT if you try something like Metrum Pavane your jaws will drop. I have heard the L1 version. Just another league ... The reallness and effortlessnes is unmatched.
At a retail price at around 1200 euros there is nothing better i can think of. Also every new dac i have tried are miles away at construction quality, connectivity and robustness from older ones like pioneer U05, some Teacs, Marantz Dac1 ect.

Feb 11, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #5,490 of 6,038
Agreed, and you’ve given me some things to look into for sure. I’ve actually recently added the oratory eq settings for the empys on the elite and I am very impressed early on. It took some playing around to figure it out but once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty nice! Did you notice a change in sound on the RME after a certain amount of hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back