RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jan 17, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #4,756 of 6,005
Oh really ? Dint know. Even the blinking ones ? I did use the right PSU given in the box but still have that red blinking LED.

I bought it at my local dealer and will proceed to refund.
Yeah to be honest I'm not sure if the factory reset helped in the small number of cases I read. In one, the guy said it didn't help. I don't remember the others but it's 20 seconds and if you can avoid having to send it back that would be great. Superb DAC, sorry you're having problems.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #4,757 of 6,005
Yeah to be honest I'm not sure if the factory reset helped in the small number of cases I read. In one, the guy said it didn't help. I don't remember the others but it's 20 seconds and if you can avoid having to send it back that would be great. Superb DAC, sorry you're having problems.
I dont think its possible since I can confirm its not working. I mean I cant even get the RME ADI 2 FS to even powered it on. Just blinking red light. Disappointing ! I will have to buy another after the refund.

Also, by the way, my $200 amp/dac has better built quality than the RME. But the RME sheer attention to detail and precision in aluminium machining is very nice. And that top smooth textured aluminium is so nice as well. The side vent smells like car leather seat for some reason. It look small and portable for some reason. Amazing but a broken product. DOA perhaps.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #4,758 of 6,005
I dont think its possible since I can confirm its not working. I mean I cant even get the RME ADI 2 FS to even powered it on. Just blinking red light. Disappointing ! I will have to buy another after the refund.

Also, by the way, my $200 amp/dac has better built quality than the RME. But the RME sheer attention to detail and precision in aluminium machining is very nice. And that top smooth textured aluminium is so nice as well. The side vent smells like car leather seat for some reason. It look small and portable for some reason. Amazing but a broken product. DOA perhaps.
Why don’t you ask for a replacement instead of a refund?

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #4,759 of 6,005

It’s not a bad product at all. Quite the opposite. Sometimes frustration clouds things. Understanbly. Give it a chance (the replacement that is). Hope it works out.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #4,760 of 6,005
Why don’t you ask for a replacement instead of a refund?
I did. But they have no more stock and supplies. Also it will take a very long time and also, they are waiting for email response by RME themselves. By the way, I am dealing with my horrible local dealer but am not going to comment, unrelated to the thread. But still, at least I get my refund and hope I get a new one. Or I could go for a cheaper dac for the mean time.

I would like to get the silver ones by the way. I may opt for that.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #4,761 of 6,005
I dont think its possible since I can confirm its not working. I mean I cant even get the RME ADI 2 FS to even powered it on. Just blinking red light.
I understand, which is why it's worth trying the factory reset. Nothing to lose.

Disappointing ! I will have to buy another after the refund.

Also, by the way, my $200 amp/dac has better built quality than the RME.
Yeah, at first glance the build quality is not impressive for that amount of money. It feels flimsy and disposable compared to my Brooklyn DAC+ that sits next to it.

But once you set it up! Wow, that sound! Then you realize it's worth every penny.

Sorry you had a rough start. I believe if you hang in there you will know why we're on page 318 of the thread :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #4,763 of 6,005
I understand, which is why it's worth trying the factory reset. Nothing to lose.

Yeah, at first glance the build quality is not impressive for that amount of money. It feels flimsy and disposable compared to my Brooklyn DAC+ that sits next to it.

But once you set it up! Wow, that sound! Then you realize it's worth every penny.

Sorry you had a rough start. I believe if you hang in there you will know why we're on page 318 of the thread :)
318 pg ? lol what is that suppose to mean ? Thanks

By the way, why own both RME and Brooklyn ?

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #4,764 of 6,005
It’s not a bad product at all. Quite the opposite. Sometimes frustration clouds things. Understanbly. Give it a chance (the replacement that is). Hope it works out.
Best to refund. Because it will be a very long time before they could get me a replacement. See how though. I got it at $1200 by the way.

We are going through some tough time especially with supply chain issue.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #4,765 of 6,005
318 pg ? lol what is that suppose to mean ? Thanks
There are a lot of fans of the DAC, so the thread is 318 pages long. :)

By the way, why own both RME and Brooklyn ?
Why not? I have a bunch more DACs than that :wink:

Longer answer, I have a bunch of systems spread across two apartments. The RME and Brooklyn are in my headstation. The RME EQ is great for making some minor corrections to headphones and I bought it before I had the money for the Brooklyn. I wanted the best MQA DAC I could get and I'm very happy with the Brooklyn build quality and feature set.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #4,766 of 6,005
There are a lot of fans of the DAC, so the thread is 318 pages long. :)

Why not? I have a bunch more DACs than that :wink:

Longer answer, I have a bunch of systems spread across two apartments. The RME and Brooklyn are in my headstation. The RME EQ is great for making some minor corrections to headphones and I bought it before I had the money for the Brooklyn. I wanted the best MQA DAC I could get and I'm very happy with the Brooklyn build quality and feature set.
Make sense because way in the future am considering streamer, MQA, ethernet/bluetooth and either NOS/multibit. By the way, am quite poor.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #4,767 of 6,005
Make sense because way in the future am considering streamer, MQA, ethernet/bluetooth and either NOS/multibit. By the way, am quite poor.
The Brooklyn DAC+ does not stream but they do have a streamer. Most of their stuff used to be pro gear for studios, but they made a big change last year or so and they're moving towards big money hifi and home theatre gear. Out of my price range.

For an MQA streamer, the Roksan Atessa looks pretty good. And the Bluesound Node 2i is a great value in streamers also.

Jan 18, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #4,769 of 6,005
Just got mine so will put it to test but I kind of like what I hear out of box, pretty neutral sounding indeed.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #4,770 of 6,005
The Brooklyn DAC+ does not stream but they do have a streamer. Most of their stuff used to be pro gear for studios, but they made a big change last year or so and they're moving towards big money hifi and home theatre gear. Out of my price range.

For an MQA streamer, the Roksan Atessa looks pretty good. And the Bluesound Node 2i is a great value in streamers also.
I think the RME is still the best in terms of value. And by the maybe you or others can help me out. I have emailed RME and waiting for their response of their reasoning. While subjective and everybody needs is different, to me the RME is almost perfect AIO.

So why not include MQA, streamer & ethernet port, bluetooth, measurement based & powerful amplifier and much more powerful pre-amp ?
I have always wish they had a bigger screen. Comes with fancy remote. Better amp measurement and power. Have multiple streaming services and streamer. Have wireless bluetooth and ethernet connection. Colours options whether we want it colourless or RGB colours for the buttons such as power button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back