Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Feb 3, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #1,366 of 1,904
If you use the TC only, it would make sense to buy a one-piece speakers to headphones cable. Without the connection in between.
You could sell your SC cable.
Thats a fair statement. Simorag suggested I do this as well. Been debating back and forth with this...

My only reservation is if in future I use a different amp without speaker taps, then I would he kind of be in a bind and I really do not want to use the stock cable XLR.

Also owning both speaker tap direct cable AND the SC XLR cable is out of question. Id feel too guilty and my wallet would be unhappy of course.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #1,367 of 1,904
Thats a fair statement. Simorag suggested I do this as well. Been debating back and forth with this...

My only reservation is if in future I use a different amp without speaker taps, then I would he kind of be in a bind and I really do not want to use the stock cable XLR.

Also owning both speaker tap direct cable AND the SC XLR cable is out of question. Id feel too guilty and my wallet would be unhappy of course.
I use a speaker tap to XLR female adapter daily and it works great. I don't own a Riviera but this adapter specifically was used by the previous owner with a AIC10 and it's a good way to go imo

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #1,368 of 1,904
My only reservation is if in future I use a different amp
Why? :)
I agree. That’s why I suggested to sell the SC XLR cable (to me? 😉)

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #1,373 of 1,904
How much can I sell mine for thats fair to BOTH parties? If I am going to take a big bashing, probably just leave as is.

Also the thought of speaker taps TO XLR adapter seems just so weird to me for whatever reason.

Feb 4, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #1,375 of 1,904
Gentlemen, has anyone tried a DAC with a "hot" (3.5 Vrms and higher) output with the Riviera? I was thinking about trying Rockna Wavedream, but Signature's 10Vpp (about 3,5Vrms) output scares me. And I don't like the idea of digital volume regulation either.

I am running my Mola Mola with 6Vrms and prefer it to 2Vrms.

Feb 5, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #1,376 of 1,904
Hi everyone,

I got my AIC10 on Friday and have been very happy with it! :) Plan on doing a bit of tube rolling. I am new to this world and have been searching within this thread a bit for tube recommendation.

Meanwhile, I wonder if people have a good “go-to” place to buy tubes. For example, I have been trying to locate a seller for telefunken g73-r. Saw some available on eBay but was not sure at all if they are genuine.

Also, a pic of my setup. My HPs are stored somewhere else. Currently using VC, Mysphere 3.1, Abyss Diana V2, and T+A Sol P.

306970AA-9999-4AD0-BB31-5B25A14184EC.jpeg

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #1,377 of 1,904
Hi everyone,

I got my AIC10 on Friday and have been very happy with it! :) Plan on doing a bit of tube rolling. I am new to this world and have been searching within this thread a bit for tube recommendation.

Meanwhile, I wonder if people have a good “go-to” place to buy tubes. For example, I have been trying to locate a seller for telefunken g73-r. Saw some available on eBay but was not sure at all if they are genuine.

Also, a pic of my setup. My HPs are stored somewhere else. Currently using VC, Mysphere 3.1, Abyss Diana V2, and T+A Sol P.

306970AA-9999-4AD0-BB31-5B25A14184EC.jpeg
Whoaa….didn’t realize you now have a full blown desktop system. Felt like not too long ago you were still focusing on portables only. Awesome system! 👍🏼

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #1,378 of 1,904
Whoaa….didn’t realize you now have a full blown desktop system. Felt like not too long ago you were still focusing on portables only. Awesome system! 👍🏼
Thanks man!

I still have many many portable stuff (see my signature lol). Just also starting this new rabbit hole of HP now. :joy:

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #1,379 of 1,904
The black label can sometimes be found from Italian dealer:
https://www.audioantiquary.com/en-us/telefunken-g73r-copia/

I also bought some red label from Hanoitubes in Vietnam. Both great tubes with a very slight difference. The tubes from Italy do cost more, but worth it to me. They don't have availability now though. If you can't find any, DM me. I bought too many of the black label...

Feb 7, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #1,380 of 1,904
8106AF88-A856-47AF-8121-BE3271F0219E.jpeg

lol got too many tubes 🤣

Random Mullard, Mullard Sharkteeth, Mullard Mil, Tesla Mil Tech, G73R Red label, Siemens, Fivre and Stock JJ.

I am only listening to G73R Black label, gonna start selling these for the same cost I bought them at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back