Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Mar 5, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #1,728 of 1,867
actually a few yrs back the list was 10-12 and I came across a used offering for 5k..I didnt buy it

Mar 6, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #1,730 of 1,867
lots of inflation in a short period of time

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #1,732 of 1,867
Wow.. I thought it was just a bit above $10000... Probably the most expensive head amp now. Couldn't think of anything else that are pricier.
I wish. Unfortunately there is a whole class of stuff up there. Traformatic primavera, viva egoista, wa33 elite, releaf e3dc mojoblocks, oji special 44, masskobo 465, aries cerat genius, the list just goes on and on. I will say at least that I haven't realy seen any headphone amps a tier above that price wise (except the audio technica)

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #1,734 of 1,867
Hi everyone,

I've recently ordered an AIC-10 amplifier from a distributor here in Hong Kong and am now in the process of selecting a DAC (within a budget of $10,000 USD). I've tried a few combinations but found the sound to be a bit too forceful and not as delicate as I'd prefer (English isn't my first language, so my description of sound might be slightly off). The pairing with the Chord Dave was quite good, and I've heard that the Esoteric N05XD is also a solid choice.

I'm using the Abyss 1266 headphones and mainly listen to pop and metal music. Could you please recommend a few DACs that would complement my setup well? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Mar 8, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #1,735 of 1,867
Hi everyone,

I've recently ordered an AIC-10 amplifier from a distributor here in Hong Kong and am now in the process of selecting a DAC (within a budget of $10,000 USD). I've tried a few combinations but found the sound to be a bit too forceful and not as delicate as I'd prefer (English isn't my first language, so my description of sound might be slightly off). The pairing with the Chord Dave was quite good, and I've heard that the Esoteric N05XD is also a solid choice.

I'm using the Abyss 1266 headphones and mainly listen to pop and metal music. Could you please recommend a few DACs that would complement my setup well? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Hi

I also have and love the AIC-10. I have it paired with a Rockna Wavelight DAC and listen via Abyss 1266 and Raal SR1a - love the combination and love the DAC - very organic holographic sound

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #1,736 of 1,867
Hi everyone,

I love the AIC10 with my Bricasti M3 (which is also Roon Ready if you opt for the network card option). The synergy is very good to my taste, nothing exaggerated, just beautifully rendered.

Mar 8, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #1,737 of 1,867
Hi everyone,

I had the AIC10 and the N-05XD. DAC is a good deal if bought used (has preamp/network/HP amp/DAC all in one). Synergy was ok but not that great TBH (felt the Esoteric DAC was holding the AIC10 back). Ended up upgrading to a second hand MSB Premier which is leagues above it as it should be given the price. Since it's above your stated budget, I would recommend looking at the Mola Mola Tambaqui, Rockna Wavedream and Weiss DAC which should all be better than the N-05XD.

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #1,738 of 1,867
It appears that the majority recommend R-2R DACs as a potentially better pairing for my setup. I'll definitely explore these options further. Your input is very much appreciated!

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #1,739 of 1,867
Wow.. I thought it was just a bit above $10000... Probably the most expensive head amp now. Couldn't think of anything else that are pricier.

It's really unfortunate, because as good of an amp as it is, it just makes it entirely a non-starter for me. Also feels like a really insane jump that seems unlikely to be reasonably justifiable. That said, it certainly makes me envious of other owners and especially those that got on board before the increase.

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #1,740 of 1,867
Hi everyone,

Hi,
Maybe you can try Weiss 501/502 DAC, I think there are dealers in Taipei. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back