Rhapsodio thread
Jul 17, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #1,141 of 2,201
The galaxy and galaxy v2 use the same driver right? Only difference is the housing design? Are there any differences with galaxy v2 with brass vs titanium housing?

They use the same driver but V2 is retuned.

Jul 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #1,142 of 2,201
Got it. I just read the review with v1 vs v2. Meh I'll go v1 over v2. The size increase and added weight doesn't seem warranted. Ala Dita Dream and Re-2000 size for comparison. Damn v2 has the housing of a layla size which is as ergonomic as a brick. Ill compare v1 with RSD golden to ex1000 with silver cable.

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1,143 of 2,201
Got it. I just read the review with v1 vs v2. Meh I'll go v1 over v2. The size increase and added weight doesn't seem warranted. Ala Dita Dream and Re-2000 size for comparison. Damn v2 has the housing of a layla size which is as ergonomic as a brick. Ill compare v1 with RSD golden to ex1000 with silver cable.

By looks alone you'll know, V1 is a lot more comfortable than V2. But I do prefer the sound of V2. Some users report a better fit with V2 by tip-rolling. I've used Spinfits and Symbio W tips with V2 and the comfort is ok.

Either way, have fun with the Galaxy! Both have excellent sound quality albeit with a slight difference in signature.

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,145 of 2,201
I'm not afraid to eq it a tad. Shouldn't be drastic change to match V2. Plus I have the RSD Golden cable which will help.

Are you going to be buying the V1 new? Instead of the V2 new? I have a V2 incoming and I think the different tuning alone might be worth it. I read reports that the V2 is heavier, but it is actually more comfortable for some people. I love the Golden cable, by the way.

-Collin-

Jul 18, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,147 of 2,201
I have a V2 incoming and I think the different tuning alone might be worth it.

For me, yes! Sold V1 after getting V2 despite having heavier shells. It's more "musical" compared to the very "reference" V1. Do let us know what you think of V2 when you get it.

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,149 of 2,201
For me, yes! Sold V1 after getting V2 despite having heavier shells. It's more "musical" compared to the very "reference" V1. Do let us know what you think of V2 when you get it.

Galaxy V2 arrived and I love it! Yes, they're massive and heavy, but with the right cable pairing (a decently strong ear hook shape), I don't have any fit issues at all. Speaking of cables, what are people using? The little cable gremlin has gotten into my head and I've swapped cables a few times and then find myself changing them again the next day. I've settled, for the time being, on the SG 2.98 8-strand, but it does noticeably attenuate the treble. It's not a bad thing on the Galaxy V2 since there's pretty high treble energy, but I don't like the thought of losing details as silly as it sounds. Also, this cable doesn't really hold them in my ears as well as my Luna mk2 which I might go back to. Curious what other V2 owners are using?

The SilverFi cable I just bought sounds really nice on the Galaxy too, transforms it into a warm, musical IEM. But putting a non-Rhapsodio cable on a Rhapsodio IEM is kicking my OCD into high gear and causing me to lose weeks, if not years of sleep at night. :)

-Collin-

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #1,150 of 2,201
Galaxy V2 arrived and I love it! Yes, they're massive and heavy, but with the right cable pairing (a decently strong ear hook shape), I don't have any fit issues at all. Speaking of cables, what are people using? The little cable gremlin has gotten into my head and I've swapped cables a few times and then find myself changing them again the next day. I've settled, for the time being, on the SG 2.98 8-strand, but it does noticeably attenuate the treble. It's not a bad thing on the Galaxy V2 since there's pretty high treble energy, but I don't like the thought of losing details as silly as it sounds. Also, this cable doesn't really hold them in my ears as well as my Luna mk2 which I might go back to. Curious what other V2 owners are using?

The SilverFi cable I just bought sounds really nice on the Galaxy too, transforms it into a warm, musical IEM. But putting a non-Rhapsodio cable on a Rhapsodio IEM is kicking my OCD into high gear and causing me to lose weeks, if not years of sleep at night. :)

-Collin-

Glad you like them Collin! Last year I've briefly compared the Rhapsodio cables I had at the time (OCC MKII, Dark Knight, RSD Silver) and found the Dark Knight to be my favourite pairing. Balanced sound with good spatial definition.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #1,152 of 2,201
Glad you like them Collin! Last year I've briefly compared the Rhapsodio cables I had at the time (OCC MKII, Dark Knight, RSD Silver) and found the Dark Knight to be my favourite pairing. Balanced sound with good spatial definition.

Dark Knight 8 braid

Wonderful, you guys picked like the ONLY Rhapsodio cable I don't own. lol time to message Sammy :-D

Edit: @San Man any chance you can post a photo of the Dark Knight 8-braid? I'm curious to see how it looks :)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #1,153 of 2,201
Wonderful, you guys picked like the ONLY Rhapsodio cable I don't own. lol time to message Sammy :-D

Edit: @San Man any chance you can post a photo of the Dark Knight 8-braid? I'm curious to see how it looks :)

Hope these are easy to see. It's hard to take a good pic since the shield is glossy black

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #1,154 of 2,201
IMG_7192.JPG IMG_7193.JPG IMG_7194.JPG IMG_7195.JPG IMG_7196.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back