Rhapsodio thread
Feb 23, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,276 of 2,203
I use the Zombies with the Golden cable and a range of different sources, albeit none as warm as the WM1Z I don't think. I enjoy the pairing because it lifts the treble a tad and adds some sparkle, while retaining that insanely powerful and authoritative bass.

Another Zombie review was posted by a reputable and respected member if anyone is interested. I politely disagree with his findings in that I enjoy the massive bass these produce, but the long decay and overall warmth may not be for anyone. They're still five star IEMs to me, but it's an interesting read for anyone preferring something not on the bass-head level. It also goes to show that we all hear things differently and for me, the fun factor of the Zombies alone is worth the price of admission. He rates a few other Rhapsodio IEMs very highly and I think the Zombies just weren't to his liking.

@ceeloChamp I absolutely love the sound of the V2. It doesn't get much more crisp and detailed. While they're very large and heavy, I find them more comfortable than some other IEMs I own and they stay securely in my ear with the right cable(s).

Hope everyone is having a great day,

-Collin-
I thought it was really interesting to read @ostewart's thoughts on the Saturn and it leads me to believe I am perhaps more of a bass head than I was aware of. So I guess I will need to see if at some point I can get the Zombie over for a review to test that hypothesis even further. :D

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,277 of 2,203
I use the Zombies with the Golden cable and a range of different sources, albeit none as warm as the WM1Z I don't think. I enjoy the pairing because it lifts the treble a tad and adds some sparkle, while retaining that insanely powerful and authoritative bass.

Another Zombie review was posted by a reputable and respected member if anyone is interested. I politely disagree with his findings in that I enjoy the massive bass these produce, but the long decay and overall warmth may not be for anyone. They're still five star IEMs to me, but it's an interesting read for anyone preferring something not on the bass-head level. It also goes to show that we all hear things differently and for me, the fun factor of the Zombies alone is worth the price of admission. He rates a few other Rhapsodio IEMs very highly and I think the Zombies just weren't to his liking.

@ceeloChamp I absolutely love the sound of the V2. It doesn't get much more crisp and detailed. While they're very large and heavy, I find them more comfortable than some other IEMs I own and they stay securely in my ear with the right cable(s).

Hope everyone is having a great day,

-Collin-

Cool, thanks Collin. I just read the review and it's not what I'm hearing but I guess that's the thing, all hearing and preferences are different. The gear you use will have a big say in what you hear of course as well. It definitely doesn't sound incoherent to me, but there you go...each to their own as they say :)

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,278 of 2,203
I thought it was really interesting to read @ostewart's thoughts on the Saturn and it leads me to believe I am perhaps more of a bass head than I was aware of. So I guess I will need to see if at some point I can get the Zombie over for a review to test that hypothesis even further. :D

Given how you felt about the Saturn, I am fairly certain you would really like the Zombie. The Saturn is too bassy for my normal tastes and I think the Zombie gets it just right. You should see if you can get your hands on that review unit making its way around. I know everyone here loves your reviews!

Cool, thanks Collin. I just read the review and it's not what I'm hearing but I guess that's the thing, all hearing and preferences are different. The gear you use will have a big say in what you hear of course as well. It definitely doesn't sound incoherent to me, but there you go...each to their own as they say :)

Totally agree. I don't hear any coherency issues either, but I'm especially good at detecting them either. I figured that Sammy opting not to use a crossover would sort of solve the coherency issues that some hybrids face. Anyway, just further confirmation that people hear things differently and we have a wide, amazing variety of IEMs to pretty much suit all needs :)

-Collin-

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,279 of 2,203
Given how you felt about the Saturn, I am fairly certain you would really like the Zombie. The Saturn is too bassy for my normal tastes and I think the Zombie gets it just right. You should see if you can get your hands on that review unit making its way around. I know everyone here loves your reviews!
Thanks! Well, that was unexpectedly quick. Looks like I might just be able to get my hands on them! Oh boy! :ksc75smile:

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,281 of 2,203
Thanks for the input, Collin. Hopefully this trade for the Galaxys I'm working on comes through...I am excited to join the Rhapsodio fan club, this company gets a ton of love.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #1,282 of 2,203
Feb 27, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #1,283 of 2,203
Feb 27, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,284 of 2,203
Mar 7, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,285 of 2,203
Hi Rhapsodio friends, wonder if any of you guys tried out both galaxies v1 and 2? Wondering what are the differences are as i found a good deal for the v1. Thinking whether i should fork out more for the v2 if the differences are significant

Mar 7, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,286 of 2,203
Hi Rhapsodio friends, wonder if any of you guys tried out both galaxies v1 and 2? Wondering what are the differences are as i found a good deal for the v1. Thinking whether i should fork out more for the v2 if the differences are significant
I have a friend who tried that before v1 and v2 v1 is more like hd800 and v2 is like he1000 im not sure about that but im very happy with my galaxy v2.

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #1,287 of 2,203

I owned both and kept the V2, but I would not pass up a deal on the V1 if you like a more reference tuning. Basically the V1 is extremely neutral, detailed and still musical, but the V2 adds a bit more sub-bass and mid-bass punch, a more musical and fun tuning and overall exhibits a more v-shaped sound signature. I will not say one is better than the other, it just depends on which tuning you prefer. They also fit quite different with the V2 being nearly twice the size, but very comfortable for me. The V1 can be a tricky fit depending on the shape of your ears and you won't know until you try it.

Hope this helps,

-Collin-

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,288 of 2,203
They have arrived! :D
Zombie.JPG

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #1,289 of 2,203
Hi guys, heres my comparison on Vega vs Zombies, included in my Earphonia CA Vega review. Hope it helps those looking how the Zombies sound. All listening was made using Silver MK3 Cable by Rhapsodio.

“Rhapsodio Zombies earphone is the new hybrid released. It comes with 8 BA drivers (4 high and 4 mid) and a Dynamic driver, which covers not only the bass, but also the full frequency range without any crossover.

Both IEM’s have a similar refined V-Shaped sound, with Zombies sounding more large and delicate and Vegas sounding more powerful, forward and intimate.

Bass on both IEM’s are equally large, but I found Vega having more slam and Rhapsodio (even) more body, with it being more layered and slightly more natural in decay with a little more slower bass.

Mids are recessed on both IEM’s, but in a different way. Vegas with is forward treble making instrument such as guitars more crunchy and exciting at the expense of voices becoming a little too neutral or thin for me. With the Rhapsodio earphones it is just the contrary, the 4 mid drivers help to make the voices (specially feminine ones) more forward, but the slow decay on bass make guitars a little recessed in tone character, especially with fast rock, or metal, which is where the Vega excel.

Soundstage on the Rhapsodio Zombies is much bigger, it is probably the biggest on all my earphones, really massive sounding. Vega sounds more intimate in return. Resolution and separation is a little better on the Rhapsodio also.”

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,290 of 2,203
They have arrived! :D

giphy.gif

Hi guys, heres my comparison on Vega vs Zombies, included in my Earphonia CA Vega review. Hope it helps those looking how the Zombies sound. All listening was made using Silver MK3 Cable by Rhapsodio.

“Rhapsodio Zombies earphone is the new hybrid released. It comes with 8 BA drivers (4 high and 4 mid) and a Dynamic driver, which covers not only the bass, but also the full frequency range without any crossover.

Both IEM’s have a similar refined V-Shaped sound, with Zombies sounding more large and delicate and Vegas sounding more powerful, forward and intimate.

Bass on both IEM’s are equally large, but I found Vega having more slam and Rhapsodio (even) more body, with it being more layered and slightly more natural in decay with a little more slower bass.

Mids are recessed on both IEM’s, but in a different way. Vegas with is forward treble making instrument such as guitars more crunchy and exciting at the expense of voices becoming a little too neutral or thin for me. With the Rhapsodio earphones it is just the contrary, the 4 mid drivers help to make the voices (specially feminine ones) more forward, but the slow decay on bass make guitars a little recessed in tone character, especially with fast rock, or metal, which is where the Vega excel.

Soundstage on the Rhapsodio Zombies is much bigger, it is probably the biggest on all my earphones, really massive sounding. Vega sounds more intimate in return. Resolution and separation is a little better on the Rhapsodio also.”

Great comparison! I have both as well and completely agree. At first I thought they were very similar just because of the huge bass and V-shape, but then some listening time helped me to appreciate the differences of the Vega being sharper and more aggressive (often in a good way for certain music) and the Zombie being more intimate.

Obviously due to these differences I have to keep them both forever :)

Did you ever try the Zombie with other cables? It's not especially sensitive to cable rolling, but my Golden mk2 has found a permanent home on them somewhat surprisingly (and by Sammy's recommendation).

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back