Rhapsodio thread
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,712 of 2,203
for sure, I basically consider the erlkonig to be borderline perfect
but still its ur most preferred iem till now, am I right

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,714 of 2,203
Yep by a good margin too.
i am so eager to get your initial impression, as I like to read initial impressions as much as I like to read impressions after having them being used for few weeks

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,716 of 2,203
I think the first user of this IEM did mention he preferred this to the Erlkonig, so the comparison should be interesting!
subscribed...

Oct 26, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #1,717 of 2,203
First pics of my Supreme 2 handcrafted by @Solarsammy. Special thanks to @Modwright01 for his great customer service as well.

5CB9C9B9-5CBD-4EB2-9A29-B436DFB60D34.jpeg
36D0B34E-A466-4986-9459-824BF5958E9C.jpeg
179E00E7-E0EA-4BD7-AB6A-2BC920BD4AC9.jpeg

And the 4-wire version of the stock cable.

802F74A7-6F7A-4D54-9D73-DC41B9A60935.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,718 of 2,203
Oct 26, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1,720 of 2,203
Feedback will come after they get a bit of burn in. These need a higher powered source to drive which I do not have in the office.

Listening to Starboy album by Weeknd now on the Infinity 2 out of the SE200 AKM output and it's bonkers good.

Looking forward to your impressions!

I just realized I've had my Infinity in since...11am EST (8 hours now). That can't be good for your ears right? Lol.

Either way, I have managed to burn them in over night for the past few days and the sub-bass texture has improved. Tight, precise, and very complementary to the signature. The upper treble and height of the soundstage have increased slightly as well, allowing even more air to shift through the already very full sound. I am waiting on my MAX to compare but out of the R8 and even out of the DX160, the sound is incredibly rich. It really does envelop all around your head with the vocals at the forefront, relaying a smooth, wet but mature sound. Instruments sound organic, with prompt dynamics, to the point that you forget these ultimately are balanced armatures.

Excited to see how the additional copper coil burn-in continues to benefit the bass and developing holographic sound.

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #1,721 of 2,203
Looking forward to your impressions!

I just realized I've had my Infinity in since...11am EST (8 hours now). That can't be good for your ears right? Lol.

Either way, I have managed to burn them in over night for the past few days and the sub-bass texture has improved. Tight, precise, and very complementary to the signature. The upper treble and height of the soundstage have increased slightly as well, allowing even more air to shift through the already very full sound. I am waiting on my MAX to compare but out of the R8 and even out of the DX160, the sound is incredibly rich. It really does envelop all around your head with the vocals at the forefront, relaying a smooth, wet but mature sound. Instruments sound organic, with prompt dynamics, to the point that you forget these ultimately are balanced armatures.

Excited to see how the additional copper coil burn-in continues to benefit the bass and developing holographic sound.

Couldn't agree more... It's pretty amazing how @Solarsammy managed to get the BAs to not sound like BAs

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #1,722 of 2,203
For those with incoming and future Infinitys-I know earshapes will vary, but I highly recommend taking @Modwright01's advice and spending $11 or so for a pair of the Spinfit 155. I was initially using the 145 which made the sound a bit bass lite. Recently switched to Xelestecs which helped the bass, and just today received the 155 after the recommendation.

Just...amazing. Even more of a holographic sound, particularly on height where the sound truly "ascends". The additional airiness is a welcome benefit to the lushness such that even more detail is extracted. I can finally say the detail rivals Odin to my ears. As @hshock76 mentioned, the larger bore of the 155 to 145 seems to have a noticeable effect on opening up the sound even further. I can tell this is the case because I am listening to the same songs on a whole 5 volume clicks lower (typically 35/100 on turbo on R8, now 28-30). Timbre is more defined, and imaging is more coherent. Happy owner here :).

Oct 28, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #1,723 of 2,203
For those with incoming and future Infinitys-I know earshapes will vary, but I highly recommend taking @Modwright01's advice and spending $11 or so for a pair of the Spinfit 155. I was initially using the 145 which made the sound a bit bass lite. Recently switched to Xelestecs which helped the bass, and just today received the 155 after the recommendation.

Just...amazing. Even more of a holographic sound, particularly on height where the sound truly "ascends". The additional airiness is a welcome benefit to the lushness such that even more detail is extracted. I can finally say the detail rivals Odin to my ears. As @hshock76 mentioned, the larger bore of the 155 to 145 seems to have a noticeable effect on opening up the sound even further. I can tell this is the case because I am listening to the same songs on a whole 5 volume clicks lower (typically 35/100 on turbo on R8, now 28-30). Timbre is more defined, and imaging is more coherent. Happy owner here :).

So with the 155 the bass is more present? Also, I understand you’re listening to the Infinity with R8. Do you use the SE or balanced output? Thanks!

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #1,724 of 2,203

I believe you had demoed Thummim right? Any idea how this compares to it?

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,725 of 2,203
So with the 155 the bass is more present? Also, I understand you’re listening to the Infinity with R8. Do you use the SE or balanced output? Thanks!
Bass is more present with 155 than 145, Xelestecs more bass presence than 155 but everything else feels compromised to my ears.

And using balanced on the R8-but there is def a waterfall hiss on Turbo mode, thus why I’m waiting on my MAX to compare.

EDIT: I think you mentioned you were considering Infinity to replace Elysium. I loved Elysium with Iliad and initially described Infinity as an Elysium on steroids, but after hearing Infinity with a better seal, I can say it’s just entirely different. Elysium is much more intimate and brighter. I like the Elysium comparison only because to my ears, both IEMs’ star are the mids and the treble and bass are very well done to support that signature. But with the staging, Infinity just feels entirely different (in a good way).

Not here to hype so maybe @aaf evo can relay more soon since he’s got the Erlky which I haven’t heard yet, but should in the next 1-2 weeks :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back