Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 22, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,396 of 2,508
I bet that Proedros will buy solar before newyear
tongue.gif

I guess I'll also take odds against. What are we betting on? 
popcorn.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,397 of 2,508
the correct bet would have been

how many days after he sells K3003s , does he buy the solars ? 
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,398 of 2,508
Somebody loan him the money so he can get his Solar!

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #1,399 of 2,508
Somebody loan him the money so he can get his Solar!

no loans please, i am Greek 
tongue.gif

on a serious note - i want to sell K3s first , and then buy something new

it's a matter of principle in times of tight economic budget like these- buy what you can afford, and without being indebted

maybe i am not so Greek after all 
gs1000.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,400 of 2,508
i think i'm going to get blasted here for the following question
how would such a totl iem compared to my current hifiman he400i (open back planar full size headphones)?
Looking at a U-Solar

In the Proedros baiting furore, everyone forgot this question! Can anyone answer it?

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,401 of 2,508
In the Proedros baiting furore, everyone forgot this question! Can anyone answer it?

I have only ever owned the HE400 and any thoughts would be a guess at this point.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,402 of 2,508
Ermm.. I got a Hugo, mojo, idsd micro with alpha dogs and Ath im-02, some xiaomi here and there if tht is any consolation XD

This is going to be a blind purchase versus all the above and it's scary

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,403 of 2,508
Ermm.. I got a Hugo, mojo, idsd micro with alpha dogs and Ath im-02, some xiaomi here and there if tht is any consolation XD

Eyes closed hits bulls eye. But not really blind youve read many good things about it from common people who spent their hard earned money.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #1,404 of 2,508

Buy with confidence....these are one sweet iem. I bought "blind" as well, and so glad I did.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,405 of 2,508
  Buy with confidence....these are one sweet iem. I bought "blind" as well, and so glad I did.

Lol. I bought based on all the 5-star reviews here. Don't think I'll regret it.

Does anyone know what DAP has good synergy with the Solar? Anyone tried DX80 with it?

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #1,406 of 2,508

Lol. I bought based on all the 5-star reviews here. Don't think I'll regret it.

Does anyone know what DAP has good synergy with the Solar? Anyone tried DX80 with it?

I think Kerouac has the DX80. I use the AK120ii or my Nexus 6p with Tidal. Both sound fantastic.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,407 of 2,508
Soundblast75 loves his DX80 Mojo Solar set up.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,408 of 2,508
Dec 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,409 of 2,508
When I purchased my Solar it graciously included a Pandora SPC cable which sounded great, an excellent stock cable. I wanted to make a couple of comments about the RSD Silver Litz 4 braid that I purchased when I placed my Solar order.

The cable arrived in a blue drawstring logo Rhapsodio bag as seen below.

I want to start by saying that the stock SPC cable is great and really pairs so well with the Solar, it makes sense it is the stock cable. When I wrote my review I listened solely to the SPC because I wanted a clean review. Also, it only gives my brain one sound to process and since that is the cable you receive when you purchase the Solar it made sense to review only it. Not everyone buys additional cables.

The RSD is well built, as are both of the Rhapsodio cables I have. As I have said before you could go rock climbing with these cables. The RSD has a gold plated plug end and a metal connector that plugs into your source. The 2-pin connectors are color coded red/blue where the cable enters the connector. 

I will briefly discuss the sq differences that I can detect. The stock SPC appears to deliver a little more warmth and bass response while the RSD appears to deliver a little stronger vocal with more clarity and detail and a touch broader soundstage. That is not to say the sound is thin with the RSD cable, it isn't. It just isn't as colored sounding.

At this point, I would need to flip a coin to decide on my preferential cable. I really enjoyed the SPC before I listened to the RSD. Now I am enjoying the SIlver Litz.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #1,410 of 2,508
If it is any consolation to those considering a Solar without demoing it - this is not a heavily colored IEM that a bunch of Head-Fi members goe ga-ga about because they happen to enjoy that singular signature - the Solar is a great all-around top performer that can handle (so far) every style of music I have thrown at it.* It doesn't have a "sound" you need to get used to - it is just the music. Which makes it a nice match for the Mojo - which is itself a window to the music.

*Keeping in mind that I have only been listening to lossless files through my iMac & Mojo with the stock cable. 

I did run out on an errand and hooked up my Solar to my iPhone 6Plus and was pretty amazed at the sound - but could tell it needed more power and better control over the drivers to reach peak performance. 

I don't know, but I recently switched from an iPhone 6 to a 6 Plus (no "S" models) and the HO of the 6 Plus has tons more power than the regular 6 did - I don't use near the amount of volume to reach the same levels. Sounds better rather the regular 6 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back