Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Mar 3, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #2,476 of 2,508
You're right. I have a buddy who said that Roxanne uni and custom gave a "night and day" difference. I wouldn't know. Don't fancy Roxy.

Well... not just that. AK's JH iems have a different tuning to JH's iems. Generally, IMO, non-AK versions of AK iems better performing.

I'm just glad Sammy isn't going to do that. The solar and galaxy are great iems.

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #2,477 of 2,508
Well... not just that. AK's JH iems have a different tuning to JH's iems. Generally, IMO, non-AK versions of AK iems better performing.

I'm just glad Sammy isn't going to do that. The solar and galaxy are great iems.

Between the Solar and Galaxy, which do you prefer?

Very happy with Solar, there's a little niggle going what if I went for Galaxy instead.

First world problems yeh.

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #2,478 of 2,508
Well then Angie shall be defeated.
smily_headphones1.gif

In my opinion, on the sum of all parts, I think Solar universals beat the Angie.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #2,479 of 2,508
Between the Solar and Galaxy, which do you prefer?

Very happy with Solar, there's a little niggle going what if I went for Galaxy instead.

First world problems yeh.

I prefer galaxy to solar.

When I met with Sammy, I heard custom and universals of both solar and galaxy.

I preferred galaxy over solar as in general, I'm more of a treble guy and I heard a burnt in and fresh solar. Burnt in solar's treble is much more tame and smooth than the fresh one. Whilst solar's treble is there, it just isn't enough for me. I love the clarity of the galaxy. The treble is bumped up by a few notches which is what I like in general. Also, I get a feeling that galaxy has a faster, more energetic sound than the solar. Furthermore, galaxy has great aggressiveness which I love for my rock/metal tracks.

Don't go for custom galaxy if you'd like more treble from your uni solar. Custom galaxy has a completely different sound signature. It's quite bassy and the emphasis is no longer on the treble.

There are more notable iems coming up that I heard tho. If only you came with us lol

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,482 of 2,508
Was the custom solar bassier than the uni solar you heard?

Can't remember exactly as ^ that was all I wrote down about the listening experience about solar on that day :sweat_smile: Galaxy and some other stuff were much more memorable.

how do u guys 'try' out custom iem with mold not from your ears and decide it's better than the universal version??

curious

Well, if you are able to jam the ciems into your ear canals and get a good and tight seal, it can be done. It also helps to have somewhat generically shaped canals or generically sized canals. I've even been able to fit some of my friends' ciems flush and with perfect seal in my right ear hahaha

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #2,484 of 2,508
Hello all, this is my first post in head-fi. I've been knowing Sammy for years and this is my first actual purchase from him... simply too good to resist

Is this the Solar?

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,486 of 2,508
Yes, Solar uni, I "designed" the faceplate and moved branding to the side

That's awesome. I have the same faceplate and shell colour. Just that the Rhapsodio logo is on the faceplate.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #2,488 of 2,508
RSD Silver Litz just arrived. Really fast shipping. Looks alright, a bit more rigid than I'm used to, two pins aren't 100% flush with the Solars, but hopefully the sound improvement will be worthwhile.
Also nice blorange case. I don't have to carry around the Solar in the tin box now lol.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #2,489 of 2,508
Hello all, this is my first post in head-fi. I've been knowing Sammy for years and this is my first actual purchase from him... simply too good to resist

Nice - Cool shell script on the shells - now you know how to map your ears to the correct drive-rs - hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back