RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Oct 6, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #812 of 1,127
My apologies again in this thread but no1 has answered my question in the correct thread, possibly cause it's old. My ma750s had a "screen" over the nozzles which have been lost. Could this have an impact on their sound signature? Kind of like how there are iems with interchangable filters to achieve the response you desire. If so, what can I do about the lost filters, if that's what they are.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #813 of 1,127
My apologies again in this thread but no1 has answered my question in the correct thread, possibly cause it's old. My ma750s had a "screen" over the nozzles which have been lost. Could this have an impact on their sound signature? Kind of like how there are iems with interchangable filters to achieve the response you desire. If so, what can I do about the lost filters, if that's what they are.

I think it could. You'll have to ask RHA to get a definitive answer though.

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #814 of 1,127
Decided to take the plunge and upgrade from the ma750i to the t20i. Have them both with me here, when a/b'ing the 750's sound darker overall, the t20's highs even started to give me an ear/headache maybe they just need a bit of burn in? Since I've read that the sound signature of the two are very similar
I love the fun signature of the 750's was hoping these would be similar but superior

I don't believe in burn, at least I didn't until I got these. I found that they took a good 40 hours of use before the treble became smoother and more tolerable.

My advice to you would be to use the bass filters. They don't increase the bass, but they do attenuate the upper mids and treble to give what I consider to be a more balanced and fuller sound.

Even now I find the reference filter too hot in the treble, and god knows what people use the treble filter for - stripping paint off walls perhaps.

That said I do actually really like the T20s - they're unique with a fast sound.

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #815 of 1,127

I had this happen on my 750's shortly after I bought them.    It definitely changed the sound, killed the deep bass (although RHA replied to someone else who had the same problem that it would not affect the sound).  I wondered why I had nice deep bass on one side and none on the other and found the "screen", while still there, was torn.  I was still under my return window with Amazon, so I got a replacement set and have had no problems.

I would send your 750's in to RHA for repair, assuming they are still in the three year window.  I know in another case RHA sent replacement "screens" to a customer, but I'm not sure how they install, it looks like it uses some adhesive.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #816 of 1,127
Originally Posted by Subtraction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

post #283

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #817 of 1,127
Originally Posted by Subtraction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

post #283

Regardless of what RHA states, I first hand can testify it absolutely degrades the sound and it isn't subtle. Definitely replace them or get them replaced. Great service from RHA as always.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #820 of 1,127
  Wow, that is pretty bad.  Mine don't have that at all and I got an early pair.  I wouldn't be happy with that, and have no idea what would cause it.  Have you contacted RHA?

No I haven't. This is already the second pair I had. The first developed a huge off balance problem. RHA were great about that and swapped me out a new pair immediately. The things is - this is technically cosmetic. There is no sound problem. I'm not happy about it. The material isn't the right choice for the sleeve. It should've been silicone. Mine started wrinkling on day 1. Even the promotion photos show wrinkling if you look.

I haven't contacted RHA regarding this. I'd be interested in knowing opinions on whether this would be considered a warranty claim?

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #821 of 1,127

No I haven't. This is already the second pair I had. The first developed a huge off balance problem. RHA were great about that and swapped me out a new pair immediately. The things is - this is technically cosmetic. There is no sound problem. I'm not happy about it. The material isn't the right choice for the sleeve. It should've been silicone. Mine started wrinkling on day 1. Even the promotion photos show wrinkling if you look.

I haven't contacted RHA regarding this. I'd be interested in knowing opinions on whether this would be considered a warranty claim?

It might well turn into a sound problem if the sleeve develops a crack and exposes the bare cable, which would then oxidize.  I did notice in the promo pics there is a bit of wrinkle.  It almost looks like the stuff stretches over time for some reason.  Looking more closely at mine, mine is like the promo pic, I never noticed it until now.  In your case, I think I would contact RHA, that shouldn't be happening and to me represents a defect in materials or workmanship.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #822 of 1,127

this also happening with mine but not yours bad, 750has better quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back